PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Series Playoffs Prediction Thread

jmcclain19
01-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Alright, time to cough up some predictions on this weekends matchups.

Here are the Games

Saturday, Jan. 15

4:30 p.m. on CBS: N.Y Jets at Pittsburgh

8:00 p.m. on FOX: St. Louis at Atlanta

Sunday, Jan. 16

1:00 p.m. on FOX: Minnesota at Philadelphia

4:30 p.m. on CBS: Indianapolis at New England

Who's going to take it?

I'm thinking Pittsburgh and Atlanta will roll on Saturday, with New England and the Vikings pulling off an upset on Sunday. Philly's a fraud and will get found out on Sunday. Atlanta will make St. Louis look silly, and NY Jets get by on moxie, but Moxie won't take you to the Super Bowl. You need a Bus to get there.

Puffy
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Philly
New England

And since I suck you can pretty much bet that I will be wrong on three of those games.

WVRed
01-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Rams-Falcons

St Louis Rams(4)-Marshall Faulk, Leonard Little, Tyoka Jackson, Robert Thomas

Atlanta Falcons(1)-Aaron Beasley

Vikings-Eagles

Minnesota Vikings(8)-Michael Bennett, Moe Williams, Onterrio Smith, Randy Moss, Bryant McKinnie, Kenny Mixon, Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson

Philadelphia Eagles(2)-Jamaal Green, Jerome McDougle

Colts-Patriots-

Indianapolis Colts(4)-Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Dominic Rhodes, Cato June

New England Patriots(3)-Rahib Abdullah, Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk

Jets-Steelers-

New York Jets(8)-Quincy Carter, BJ Askew, Wayne Chrebet, Jason Fabini, Jonathan Goodwin, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas

Pittsburgh Steelers(4)-Jerome Bettis, Plaxico Burress, Marvel Smith, Larry Foote.

Each team receives one point for ever player on their roster that has been accused of or found guilty of a crime or other offense which lead to a police investigation.:)

WVRed
01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Seriously-

Minnesota, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis

Redsfaithful
01-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Philadelphia
New England

KronoRed
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Philadelphia
New England

Agreed.

RedFanAlways1966
01-14-2005, 08:04 AM
My only concern (and I hope I don't sound bitter!!)...

... that Corey Dillon loses. In other words I hope Indy beats the snot out of him and New England. I hate to be selfish and Leon-like, but if the shoe fits I will wear it.

Send Leon Dillon home early! Send Moss home too. Go Big Ben. Atlanta vs. St. Louis? Who cares... neither one is a legit threat to win it all in my book.

zombie-a-go-go
01-14-2005, 08:59 AM
PITTSBURGH over Jets
ATLANTA over St. Louis

MINNESOTA over Philadelphia
INDIANAPOLIS over New England

Believe it, playa!

Reds Fanatic
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Indianapolis

letsgojunior
01-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Jets
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Indianapolis

Roy Tucker
01-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Pittsburgh - The Bus rolls. I love Herman Edwards and the Jet's grit, but the Steelers are home are too much.

St. Louis - The Rams are playing well lately. Vick can either be spectacular or stink. I flipped a coin and it came up "stink".

Philadelphia - I'd like to pick Minny, but they're just too mentally fragile as a team.

New England - I want so bad to pick an Indy upset. Manning is playing so well. But Belichick has had 2 weeks to prepare. The NE defense will do like what the Ravens did and wander all over the place right up until the snap of the ball and bamboozle Manning just enough. And the Colts defense still sucks. When NE needs to score, they'll score.

Of course, my picks are the kiss of death. I always get these things wrong.

RFS62
01-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Pittsburgh
Atlanta

Minnesota
New England

GAC
01-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I hope the local Brown Backers never finds this out, but.....

GO PITT!!

I gotta root for the ol AFC Central. ;)

Danny Serafini
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
As much as I would love to see a Rams/Vikings NFC title game...

Steelers
Colts
Falcons
Vikings

Chip R
01-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I hope the local Brown Backers never finds this out, but.....

GO PITT!!

I gotta root for the ol AFC Central. ;)
Ooooooooh! I am so archiving this for blackmail purposes. :lol:

CbusRed
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Steelers
Rams
Eagles
Colts

then...

Colts
Eagles

then...

Colts if TO doesnt play.

But I hope the Steelers win, Only because I really like Roethlisberger.

pedro
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Minnesota
New England

RedsBaron
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I'll probably change my mind before kickoff, but right now I'll go with:
The Steelers-I'll be rooting for Pennington and the Jets, but that's not how I'd bet.
The Colts-This is a tough one, but New England has a banged up secondary.
The Rams-I'm not impressed by the Falcons and the Rams are playing better.
The Eagles-The Vikings are too inconsistent.

GAC
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Ooooooooh! I am so archiving this for blackmail purposes. :lol:

I rooted for the Cards during the post-season. I'm loyal to my divisions.

You have to understand the rules of GACology. ;)

bomarl1969
01-14-2005, 02:59 PM
1. Pitt over NY
2. St. Louis over Atlanta
3. Minnesota over Philly
4. Indy over NE

C-Ship games

Indy over Pitt
St. Louis over Minnesota

Super Bowl
Indy over St. Louis

Carter
01-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Minnesota
Indianapolis

GAC
01-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Pittsburgh, espcially their offense, had better play better then they did yesterday if they have any hope of advancing further.

And the Jets should be simply embarassed that their offense was only able to put 3 pts on the board.

After watching this game, I tink the winner of the today's Patriot-Colts game will end up being the Super Bowl champs.

MWM
01-16-2005, 11:19 AM
There's no way the Colts win today. I just can't see any way that New England loses this game.

Redsfaithful
01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I feel really dumb for picking against Michael Vick.

GAC
01-16-2005, 11:34 AM
There's no way the Colts win today. I just can't see any way that New England loses this game.

I hope you're right, because I'm sick and tired of hearing about Peyton Manning.

But in their meeting earlier this year the Patriots only won by a FG.

And the Patriots defensive backfield is injury riddled and a patchwork job. They just signed some guy off the practice squad this past week to fill one of the voids.

RFS62
01-16-2005, 11:40 AM
I hope you're right, because I'm sick and tired of hearing about Peyton Manning.

But in their meeting earlier this year the Patriots only won by a FG.

I think he was kidding, a la putting a voodoo curse on the Pats, but I could be wrong.

I think the Pats will win in spite of Peyton, whom I consider one of the all time greats.

I believe that Leon will play a major role in this one.

MWM
01-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm more sick of hearing about Tom Brady than I am Peyton Manning. Around these parts it's become ridiculous. They actually had a poll gong this week on the radio as to who is the better QB between Brady and Manning. And the sad part is that it was split about 50-50.

RFS62
01-16-2005, 11:44 AM
"Wookin pa nub, in all the wrong places"

I thought it was "wong paces"

RedsBaron
01-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Pittsburgh, espcially their offense, had better play better then they did yesterday if they have any hope of advancing further.

And the Jets should be simply embarassed that their offense was only able to put 3 pts on the board.

After watching this game, I tink the winner of the today's Patriot-Colts game will end up being the Super Bowl champs.
The Jets seemed to be playing not to lose at the end of regulation rather than playing to win-too conservative. While a 40 yard field goal is certainly makeable, it is no "gimme."
I too would favor the winner of the Colts-Pats game to win it all, but I do expect the Steelers to play better next week.

Playadlc
01-16-2005, 01:14 PM
I guarantee you the Colts beat the Patriots today.

Redsfaithful
01-16-2005, 07:19 PM

It's looking like your mojo might have worn off MWM. ;)

jmcclain19
01-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I was way off on the whole "Philly Fraud" thing, although I think that Atlanta could beat them next week. The Falcons were impressive last night.

The Pats are your next Super Bowl champions. You heard it here first.

Playadlc
01-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I guarantee you the Colts beat the Patriots today.

Good call.

Playadlc
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Let the Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning talk begin.

:rolleyes:

Cedric
01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
He is. Peyton Manning will NEVER win a big game in his life. He couldn't at Tennecheat and he won't in the NFL. His defense gave him a shot today and he dinked and dunked all day. He never stretched the field and the limited pressure had him doing happy feet. He isn't a big game player.

Playadlc
01-16-2005, 07:51 PM
He is. Peyton Manning will NEVER win a big game in his life. He couldn't at Tennecheat and he won't in the NFL. His defense gave him a shot today and he dinked and dunked all day. He never stretched the field and the limited pressure had him doing happy feet. He isn't a big game player.

You have got to be kidding me. It was all Peyton's fault today? The Colts WR's were blanketed all day. And how many drops did they have?

Brady is a good QB. Manning is one of the greatest to ever play the position.

jmcclain19
01-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I disagree that Peyton can't win the big one or hasn't won a big game in his life.

When he learns to stop overthinking and just do what he's good at, he'll be successful. Right now, instead of trying to ram his offense down belicheck's throat, he tries to outguess him. That's been the Belicheck MO for a while now. Until Peyton figures that out, or until someone else beats the pats in the playoffs before the Colts get to 'em, he won't get passed NE.

RFS62
01-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Belicheck is the puppet-master. A true evil genius.

Every superhero (Peyton) needs a Lex Luthor (Belicheck)

It's what legends are made of.

MWM
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I've definitely lost it. I think I tempted the Gods one too many times and now they're trying to put me in my place.

The only bad part of this is that now I get to hear non-stop how Tom Brady is the better QB and how if you need to win one game, they'd rather have Brady than Manning. It makes me want to :barf:.

I watched most of this game and last year's game and the difference between the two teams was definitely not the QB, that's for darn sure. Indy's defense is horrible. I'd like to see Peyton Manning going up against the Indianapolis defense and I'd like to see Brady going against the New England defense. I'll take Manning any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Redsfaithful
01-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb > Peyton Manning

Just my opinion.

MWM
01-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb > Peyton Manning

Just my opinion.

Manning and McNabb are close. All things being equal (and that's the problem with Manning, he has a TERRIBLE defense wwhere Brady and McNabb have great Ds), I'll take Manning. I think in the long run, Roesthliberger will be better than any of them. And Carson Palmer will be at least part of the conversation.

jmcclain19
01-16-2005, 10:07 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2005/0116/photo/gallery06.jpg

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2005/0116/photo/gallery09.jpg

Cedric
01-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Big Ben isn't a star in my book. Fifteen play action passes doesn't make you a great qb. He won, I know. But he won with one of the best defenses since Baltimore and the best running game in the league. Give me Palmer anyday.

traderumor
01-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Big Ben is a shooting star. One thing about those, they go up real fast, but fizzle out just as quickly. Despite the hype machine, I wouldn't anoint him anything quite yet. Think about this--did he progress or regress as the year went on, and what did Carson Palmer as the year went on?