PDA

View Full Version : Huber Heights resident and former Miss Ohio among new Survivor cast

savafan
01-14-2005, 03:59 PM
http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/feeds/view.php?feed_id=99&feed=/showbiz.html&instance=1&article_id=13398

The identities of the 20 new hopefuls competing on SURVIVOR: PALAU have been unveiled. The castaways will begin as one group of 20, with three being sent home in the first episode when the tenth installment of the hit series premieres Thursday, February 17th on CBS.

SURVIVOR: PALAU takes place amid the 83 islands located just north of the equator in the remote waters of the Pacific where significant battles of World War II took place. These islands and surrounding blue waters are home to historic ship and plane wrecks from the war's "Pacific Theater." It is here 20 new castaways will attempt to Outwit, Outplay and Outlast and ultimately win the $1 million prize.

The castaways for SURVIVOR: PALAU (in alphabetical order) are:

COBY ARCHA
Athens, Texas
Hairstylist

ASHLEE ASHBY
Easley, S. Carolina
Student

GREGG CAREY
Chicago
Business Consultant

BOBBY JON DRINKARD
Santa Monica, Calif. (originally from Troy, Ala.)
Waiter

KATIE GALLAGHER
Merced, Calif.
Advertising Executive

CARYN GROEDEL
Solon, Ohio (Originally from Yonkers, N.Y.)
Civil Rights Attorney

ANGIE JAKUSZ
New Orleans
Bartender

JOLANDA JONES
Houston
Lawyer

STEPHENIE LaGROSSA
Tom's River, N.J.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

JONATHAN LIBBY
Dallas
Sales & Marketing

JENNIFER LYON
Encino, Calif.
Nanny

JAMES MILLER
St. Anne, Ill. (originally from Mobile, Alabama)
Steel Worker

KIMBERLY MULLEN (pictured)
Huber Heights, Ohio
Model/Actress/Graduate Student/former Miss Ohio

IBREHEM RAHMAN
Birmingham, Ala.
Waiter

IAN ROSENBERGER
Key Largo, Fla. (originally from Ambridge, Penn.)
Dolphin Trainer

WANDA SHIRK
Ulysses, Penn.
English Teacher

WILLIARD SMITH
Bellevue, Wash.
Lawyer

JANU TORNELL
Las Vegas
Vegas Showgirl

TOM WESTMAN
Sayville, N.Y.
N.Y. City Firefighter

JEFF WILSON
Venture, Calif.
Personal Trainer

http://www.700wlw.com/timages/feeds/99_wlw-am_1105626412.jpg

Redsland
01-14-2005, 04:02 PM
:eek:

Where are the rest of the photos?!

savafan
01-14-2005, 04:18 PM
:eek:

Where are the rest of the photos?!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050113/capt.nyet16401131800.tv_survivor_nyet164.jpg

Redsland
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
"Okay, you on the left in the pink, you'll be the leader of team 'Real.' You on the right in the green, you'll be the leader of team 'Fake.' Everyone else, divide up accordingly."

:)

Red Leader
01-14-2005, 04:24 PM
I'd like to devote my life, I mean my time, to Team Fake, please.

RFS62
01-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I'd like to devote my life, I mean my time, to Team Fake, please.

I believe the politically correct phrase would be Team Store Bought.

:RedinDC:

westofyou
01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
May I fall down dead if I ever watch Survivor.

Red Leader
01-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Really not sure I care what they're called, I'm joining that team and I'm sprinting over to line up behind my "leader" if given the choice.

"Team Cosmetically Enhanced, meet your new team member, Red Leader."

Redsfaithful
01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I really liked Survivor back in the day, when it seemed like it was 16 random, real life people. Not really the case anymore.

jmcclain19
01-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I really liked Survivor back in the day, when it seemed like it was 16 random, real life people. Not really the case anymore.

I completely agree

I can remember watching MTV's the Real World years ago when they were in Boston and Seattle, thinking "Hey these people remind me of my friends".

Now shows like that are all about grabbing the most drama imaginable. They tend to be painful to watch.

Now the only "reality" based TV shows I ever watch are on the Discovery Channel.

TV is so bad lately, Unless it's a big sporting event, if it's not on one of the many Discovery Channels, the History Channel or ESPNews, I don't watch it.

Redsfaithful
01-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I can remember watching MTV's the Real World years ago when they were in Boston and Seattle, thinking "Hey these people remind me of my friends".

Yeah exactly. People rail on reality TV, but the first couple of seasons of most shows are pretty decent. It only becomes terrible when they start casting people who are indistinguishable from actors and actresses.

TV is so bad lately, Unless it's a big sporting event, if it's not on one of the many Discovery Channels, the History Channel or ESPNews, I don't watch it.

The Reds are the main reason I have cable at this point.

RBA
01-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I would pick the person(s) with the flotation devices. You'll never know when they would come in handy. After all the show is called "Survivor"

RFS62
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I would pick the person(s) with the flotation devices. You'll never know when they would come in handy. After all the show is called "Survivor"

Good point. And even if it doesn't come into play, still a good point.

:RedinDC:

Crumbley
01-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I once saw her at Fairfield Commons. Unfortunately she didn't have on the same get up.

WebScorpion
01-15-2005, 12:59 AM
I really liked the first Survivor, haven't watched it since. I watched American Idol religiously for the first 2 seasons and realized how ridiculous it was when the only singer with any talent at all was dumped before 3 talentless hacks the last time... haven't watched that one since. All other reality shows just appear to be the networks trying to fill space cheaply (no actors) and get the average American idiot box viewer to watch anyway. About the only 'reality' show I watch now is Extreme Makeover Home Edition because I like the uplifting stories. Someday, I'll probably find out they're not 'real' either. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/sad/1Cry.gif

Cedric
01-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Reality tv is disgusting. Other than baseball and football the tube is never on here, and that's not saying i'm right. I just can't see how it's more entertaining than being outside or even reading.

Crumbley
01-15-2005, 08:57 PM
The original Joe Schmo was good. Tough Enough was watchable.