PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate touching"

Unassisted
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I hope this didn't happen. :(

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&e=9&u=/ap/people_bill_cosby

Police Probe Allegation Against Bill Cosby

LOS ANGELES - A female acquaintance of comedian Bill Cosby (news) has made an allegation against him that has prompted a police investigation in Pennsylvania, the entertainer's attorney said Thursday.

Attorney Walter Phillips said he spoke Thursday with authorities in Pennsylvania who told him they have begun an investigation. He would not discuss the specifics of the allegation — which he called "utterly preposterous" — but said it amounts to, at the most, "inappropriate touching."

No charges have been brought against Cosby. Phillips said the accuser, who lives in Canada, knows Cosby and the alleged incident in question happened about a year ago.

Police in Cheltenham Township, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb where Cosby has a home, declined to comment.

"I know the person making the accusation hasn't been contacted by authorities," Phillips said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press from his office in Philadelphia. "We are hopeful and optimistic that no charges will be brought forward."

Dave Selby, a spokesman with the Durham Regional Police in Durham, Ontario, said police had passed on allegations from a woman there to authorities in Pennsylvania but declined to confirm whether they involved Cosby.

Cosby postponed a town hall meeting in Cleveland on Thursday and has postponed three upcoming shows in Florida, his publicist David Brokaw said. Brokaw would not say whether the postponements have anything to do with the recent allegation.

RedFanAlways1966
01-21-2005, 10:27 AM
My first thought... another person trying to make a buck off of a celebrity. I hope I am right. And if this proves true, I hope she gets to sit in prison thinking about her actions.

Stewie
01-21-2005, 10:54 AM
My first thought... another person trying to make a buck off of a celebrity. I hope I am right. And if this proves true, I hope she gets to sit in prison thinking about her actions.

I had a similar thought at first. I mean, why would she wait an entire year before bringing it up?

Redsland
01-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Remember, people, Bill Cosby is presumed innocent. Although the proof is in the pudding.

:)

RFS62
01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Remember, people, Bill Cosby is presumed innocent. Although the proof is in the pudding.

Groan. :MandJ:

I wonder if any Jello shots were involved.

TeamCasey
01-21-2005, 11:15 AM

:MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ: Oh, you are bad!

remdog
01-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Are you saying, 'If it jiggles it must be.....?' :shocked:

Rem

Johnny Footstool
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Maybe the lady said she'd like to see Fat Albert, and Bill didn't realize she was talking about the movie.

Chip R
01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Maybe the lady said she'd like to see Fat Albert, and Bill didn't realize she was talking about the movie.
:MandJ:

RedFanAlways1966
01-21-2005, 03:18 PM

:MandJ: HOLY!!!

Falls City Beer
01-21-2005, 03:24 PM
"Eddie, I'd like to talk to YOOOOOUUUUUUUUU....about the filth, the flarn, the flarn, the filth."

Falls City Beer
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Leonard's Part: 6"

GAC
01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
"hey Hey Hey! It's Faaaaaat Albert!"

Unassisted
02-17-2005, 09:27 PM
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=334176&category=&BCCode=&newsdate=2/17/2005

Prosecutor: Bill Cosby won't face charges

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press
Last updated: 8:57 p.m., Thursday, February 17, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Bill Cosby will not face charges stemming from a woman's allegation that he fondled her at his suburban mansion after giving her medication that made her woozy, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Authorities found insufficient "credible, and admissible evidence ... upon which any charge against Mr. Cosby could be sustained beyond a reasonable doubt," Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said in a statement.

A former Temple University employee, who now lives in her native Ontario, told Canadian authorities last month that, after a night out with friends in January 2004, Cosby gave her medication that made her dizzy, then fondled her. She said she later awoke to find her bra undone and her clothes in disarray.

Cosby, 67, a Temple alumnus and booster, has denied the allegations. In a statement Thursday, his lawyer said Cosby was gratified by the decision.

"Mr. Cosby looks forward to moving on with his life," attorney Walter M. Phillips Jr. said.

Castor has said that the accuser's yearlong delay in coming forward, and her contact with Cosby in the past year, weighed in the comedian's favor.

The prosecutor said he also reviewed claims by other people that Cosby had "behaved inappropriately" toward them, but that detectives could find no instance "where anyone complained to law enforcement of conduct which would constitute a criminal offense."

The woman's attorney called the evidence strong and blasted Castor for failing to notify her before announcing his decision.

"I believe it was a very strong case. She's a very credible witness," lawyer Dolores M. Troiani said.

Troiani said her client gave prosecutors tapes of telephone calls between Cosby and the family that bolster the allegations. The calls occurred after her client contacted police, the lawyer said.

Cosby's publicist, David Brokaw, declined comment Thursday on whether the comedian had any telephone contact with the family since the investigation began.

Troiani said the prosecutor's decision caught her by surprise and she had not been able to reach her client early Thursday evening.

Castor, who announced the decision on his Web site, said he did not plan any further comment for fear his comments would be used as evidence in any possible civil lawsuit.

"Much exists in this investigation that could be used (by others) to portray persons on both sides of the issue in a less-than-flattering light," he said.

It is the policy of The Associated Press not to publish names of alleged sexual assault victims without their consent.

Troiani would not say if her client planned to sue Cosby.

cincinnati chili
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I wanted to point out that if you changed on single letter in the title of this thread, it would read, "Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate Douching."

That would be a lot more intriguing.

registerthis
02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
I wanted to point out that if you changed on single letter in the title of this thread, it would read, "Bill Cosby Accused of "inappropriate Douching."

That would be a lot more intriguing.
As opposed to appropriate douching?

savafan
04-22-2005, 08:07 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=796&e=11&u=/eo/16398

By Marcus Errico

Bill Cosby's doping and groping lawsuit has just been ratcheted up.

Per court papers filed this week by accuser Andrea Constand, the man once deemed America's Dad committed "prior similar sexual assaults and/or drugging incidents" against at least 10 other women. All 10 alleged victims are willing to testify against Cosby in the pending sexual assault case brought by Andrea Constand.

Constand, 31, filed a federal suit last month, claiming Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in January 2004 and then defamed her when she came forward with her charges. The lawsuit also contains allegations of battery, infliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy.

She brought her lawsuit after the prosecutor in Cosby's home base of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, decided not to press criminal charges against the entertainer, citing "insufficient credible and admissible evidence."

Cosby has denied Constand's allegations. His lawyer released an earlier statement saying the entertainer "will address this matter through the judicial process and not through the media."

Constand's attorneys believe the testimony of the 10 additional women will show that Cosby has a long, sordid history of sexual attacks. Of the 10, only one is identified. Tamara Green, a California-based attorney and former model, who came forward shortly after Constand's charges were first publicized. Green, 57, told the Philadelphia Daily News that Cosby drugged and attempted to molest her some three decades ago.

The remaining nine are listed as "Jane Doe," although the cities and states of their residences are listed in the court docs.

Six of the women have retained the same lawyer: Joyce Dale, who heads the Delaware County (Pennsylvania) Women Against Rape. Dale has so far declined comment on her clients.

Constand's legal crew is fighting to keep the women's identities secret.

"The anticipated testimony of the Jane Doe witnesses relates to the obviously sensitive subject matter of sexual assaults and/or druggings," plaintiff attorneys Bebe Kivitz and Dolores Troiana write.

"Of equal concern is disclosure of the witnesses' identities may place them at risk of further physical and psychological harm from media exposure or from overly zealous fans."

Kivitz and Troiana are also seeking records from a New York case in 2000 in which Cosby was accused of improper behavior by La'Chele Covington, who appeared on Cosby. Charges were never brought in that case.

The lawyers have also unsuccessfully tried to have Cosby deposed. Cosby's lawyers are working on their written response to Kivitz and Troiana's filing.

In her lawsuit, Constand says she met Cosby through her former job in the athletic department at Temple University, the comedian's alma mater, and that she viewed him as a mentor. In January 2004, she says she joined Cosby and other friends for dinner at a Philly restaurant. After the meal, Cosby invited her back to his home in the suburbs to offer her advice about her future. While there, she says Cosby offered her pills he described as "herbal medicine." After injesting the drugs, the suit says, her "knees began to shake, her limbs felt immobile, she felt dizzy and weak."

Then, while she was "barely conscious," Cosby took her to a sofa, where, according to the suit, he "touched her breasts and vaginal area, rubbed his penis against her hand and digitally penetrated her."

Her claims of defamation stem from an interview Cosby gave in the latest issue of the National Enquirer in which he suggested his accuser was looking for a payday.

"I am not going to give in to people who try to exploit me because of my celebrity status," he told the tabloid.

"Sometimes you try to help people and it backfires on you and then they try to take advantage of you."