PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Criminal: Robber calls victim back to apologize, ask her out on a date

jmcclain19
01-25-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2005/01/22pizzarobberytur.html

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2005/01/images/127564.jpg
Brent Brown

Pizza robbery turns into a fateful attraction
Deliverywoman held up, asked on date, then gave police phone number of suitor
By ESTEBAN PARRA / The News Journal
01/22/2005

Just when you think you've heard every pickup line: Two men were charged with robbing a Domino's Pizza deliverywoman after one of them called the victim back on his cell phone to apologize - and ask her out on a date.

The 18-year-old victim declined the suitor's request, but gave the phone number to New Castle County police who arrested Brent Brown, 25, of Ridley Court in New Castle on Thursday. Police also took the phone used to make the call.

"It would make a perfect story for the television show, 'The World's Dumbest Criminals,' " said county police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro.

Police said the victim was delivering a pizza order to a home on Freedom Trail at about 11:20 p.m Wednesday.

When she arrived, police said, three men surrounded her, took her cash and two pizzas.

A short while later, one of the men called her cell phone, apologized and asked her for a date, Navarro said.

Using the phone number, Navarro said investigators learned the cell phone belonged to Brown. Through a photo lineup, Navarro said the victim was able to identify Brown as one of the robbers.

After Brown was arrested, investigators were able to link Andre Moore, 18, and a 16-year-old to the robbery, Navarro said. Officers searched their Freedom Trail home near New Castle on Thursday, Navarro said, and found the pizza boxes in the trash can with the original receipt still attached.

Moore was arrested at the home, but the 16-year-old remains at large, Navarro said.

Brown and Moore are charged with second-degree robbery and conspiracy.

Brown, who was released from custody after posting $5,000 secured bail, said he had no part in the robbery.

"I'm innocent," he said, adding he had two people who would say he was not there. " I work everyday. I have no reason to rob the pizza lady."

Brown said he lent his cell phone to Moore and his brother and a third person whose name he did not know, and they made the call. He also said he does not believe the deliverywoman picked his photo out of a photo lineup because he said she has never seen him.

Puffy
01-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Thats how I met my first wife.

jmcclain19
01-25-2005, 11:43 AM
"Baby, back there, when I was holding a gun to your head, screaming 'Shut up and give me your money!', I couldn't help but notice that banging bod of yours, and I figured we should get to talkin'."

Puffy
01-25-2005, 11:50 AM
"Hey Baby, wanna see my "other" gun later tonight??"

REDREAD
01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Great story.

Guess the guys forgot to put their Darth Vader suits on :lol:

Johnny Footstool
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
"I'm innocent," he said, adding he had two people who would say he was not there."

Those two people are Andre Moore, 18, and the as-yet unnamed 16 year-old accomplice.

jmcclain19
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Those two people are Andre Moore, 18, and the as-yet unnamed 16 year-old accomplice.

"Yeah the three of us were hanging out, picking up chicks"

Raisor
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
"Hey Baby, wanna see my "other" gun later tonight??"

"That's no pop gun, that's my love gun".