PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady sues GM

Chip R
01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=577&e=3&u=/nm/20050125/sp_nm/nfl_life_cadillac_dc

Patriots Quarterback Sues Over Cadillac Playoff Ad

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - New England Patriots (news) quarterback Tom Brady (news) has sued General Motors Inc. for $2 million, saying the carmaker ran ads he made under an expired contract to promote its Cadillac brand.

Brady, who last weekend led his National Football League team to their third Super Bowl berth in four years, claims in his lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that GM ran newspaper ads in Texas and Boston featuring him for a month after his contract had expired Jan. 1, 2004.

In the suit, filed on Monday, Brady said GM could not resist riding his fame as most valuable player of the 2002 and 2004 Super Bowls to plug its luxury cars after he twice refused to renew a 2003 promotional contract.

GM officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

CbusRed
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
He should be honored that anyone would voluntarily put his ugly mug on TV. Im convinced he doesnt have bottom teeth.
:MandJ:

Roy Tucker
01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Reading the headline, I couldn't figure out why Brady would sue the Patriot's general manager. Seemed not conducive to long-term employmnet.

Then I read the article. Consternation turned to elucidation. The mist parted.

UKFlounder
01-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Reading the headline, I couldn't figure out why Brady would sue the Patriot's general manager. Seemed not conducive to long-term employmnet.

Then I read the article. Consternation turned to elucidation. The mist parted.

Good - I'm not the only one who thought that.

TeamBoone
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
He should be honored that anyone would voluntarily put his ugly mug on TV. Im convinced he doesnt have bottom teeth.
:MandJ:

Ugly mug? :confused: You're jesting, right?

WrongVerb
01-26-2005, 11:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/u/superbowl/photos/superbowl728_lower.jpg

Mr. No-bottom-teeth himself. (which strangely enough the picture does nothing to diminish the rumor...and I bet Jim Coombs has bottom teeth.)

Chip R
01-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Ugly mug? :confused: You're jesting, right?
I'm sure if he went to tOSU, Cbus would think he is much better looking and maybe even let him borrow some of his lavender floral bodywash. ;)

zombie-a-go-go
01-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Tom Brady wishes he looked as good as me.

TeamBoone
01-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Alot of people have "no bottom teeth syndrome" when they smile. I'd be more turned off if they had no upper teeth!

No bottom tooth smile or not, Mr. Brady is mighty fine.

traderumor
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Alot of people have "no bottom teeth syndrome" when they smile. I'd be more turned off if they had no upper teeth!

No bottom tooth smile or not, Mr. Brady is mighty fine.

It's caused by an overbite, and it also causes one eating a hogey to eat the top of the sub bun at a faster rate than the bottom of the sub bun. It took me years to figure that out, I just thought the dentist was trying to sell unnecessary braces.

So........me and Tom Brady, running mates with no bottom teeth when they smile....I do try to keep select company.