PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Deadline

Puffy
02-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Lots of moves today after the C-Webb bomb late last night.

The Knicks picked up Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor - great moves. The Knicks already had two undersized power forwards (Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney) and now they have four, and no center. Isiah Thomas baffles me.

The Spurs picked up Nazr Mohemmad (sp?) to back up at the center position.

The New Orleans Hornets traded Baron Davis to G.S. for Dale Davis and someone else.

Antoine Walker got traded back to Boston for Gary Payton and a couple other people (Guges was one of them).

Keith Van Horn got send to the Mavs, the Sixers traded the Big Dog Glenn Robinson to New Orleans.

Nothing major - but lots of stuff.

Unassisted
02-24-2005, 04:10 PM
The Knicks picked up Malik Rose

First mid-season trade for the Spurs since 1996. That's a long dry spell.

I wonder if Malik will take his restaurant (http://phillysphamous.com/home.php) with him to NY.

Seems like he spent most of this season in Popovich's doghouse anyway. Spurs fans will be sad to see him go, though.

NJReds
02-24-2005, 04:55 PM
The Knicks picked up Malik Rose and Maurice Taylor - great moves. The Knicks already had two undersized power forwards (Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney) and now they have four, and no center. Isiah Thomas baffles me.

Great...they picked up more mediocre players and a ton of longterm contract money for three guys who's contracts expire after this season.

So not only will they continue to suck, but my cable rates will continue to go up. :dflynn:

15fan
02-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Haven't been paying too much attention to the NBA this year, so I'm surprised to see Rose leave SA.

On the other hand, I'm ecstatic that Rodney Rogers got out of Nawlins.

Stewie
02-24-2005, 08:56 PM

Not only that, but they bring aboard two guys with several years left on the contracts and are still owed a large sum of money. I love Isiah Thomas. Who needs cap space when they can keep adding mediocre, high priced players with bad contracts? Already have $109 million in salary guaranteed for next season.

SteelSD
02-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Heh. Me lifelong Sixers fan. Me LIKEY!!!!!!! :D

WVRed
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Antoine Walker back to the Celtics. I guess Ainge realized his mistake.:)

UKFlounder
02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Antoine Walker back to the Celtics. I guess Ainge realized his mistake.:)

Yeah - Antoine Walker actually traded without Tony Delk going with him - shocking! :MandJ:

LvJ
02-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Jiri Welsch traded to Cleveland. :angry:

I might as well become a Cleveland fan..

Unassisted
02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Great...they picked up more mediocre players and a ton of longterm contract money for three guys who's contracts expire after this season.

So not only will they continue to suck, but my cable rates will continue to go up. :dflynn:The Spurs also sent the Knicks two 1st-Round picks. That trade may look better for the Knicks in a year or two, depending on how those picks turn out.

WVRed
02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Jiri Welsch traded to Cleveland. :angry:

I might as well become a Cleveland fan..

But we got Antoine back:).

In other news, the Atlanta Hawks and Gary Payton are negotiating a buyout and it is possible that Payton could end up back with the Celtics.

PG-Gary Payton/Marcus Banks
SG-Paul Pierce/Tony Allen/Delonte West
SF-Ricky Davis
PF-Antoine Walker/Al Jefferson
C-Raef Lafrentz/Marc Blount

Not bad.

Danny Serafini
02-25-2005, 09:27 AM
As the lone Atlanta Hawk fan in Toledo I have to say I am so pumped! Michael Stewart is coming to town! WOOHOO! At least they got a draft pick, that was really the whole point.