PDA

View Full Version : 5/9 vs Padres(Kearns sits again)

Pages : [1] 2 3

OnBaseMachine
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
:rolleyes:

San Diego

D. Roberts cf
M. Loretta 2b
R. Klesko lf
P. Nevin 1b
B. Giles rf
R. Hernandez c
K. Greene ss
S. Burroughs 3b
J. Peavy p

Cincinnati

R. Freel rf
F. Lopez 2b
S. Casey 1b
K. Griffey Jr.
A. Dunn lf
J. Randa 3b
R. Aurilia ss
J. Valentin c
A. Harang p

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 06:28 PM
That line up is really working great Dave

RFS62
05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
wow

SirFelixCat
05-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Uncle. really. enough already.

Crash Davis
05-09-2005, 06:35 PM
You gotta be forkin kiddin' me.

I still want Dave Miley's head on a platter.

Bring...back...Bob...Boon...I can't finish the sentence tonight, but I think I can later this week.

Chip R
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
:bang:

westofyou
05-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Dave Miley baseballs answer to the leaders at Gallipolli.

Dave Miley founding member of the Flat Earth Society

Dave Miley tried to get out of the car but got his leather jacket sleeve got caught on the gear shift.

paintmered
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Words cannot describe that lineup. This is not that difficult of a game Miley. Why do you insist on making it so hard on yourself?

Raisor
05-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Dave Miley baseballs answer to the leaders at Gallipolli.

I always loved the movie. Very sad.

paintmered
05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Sitting Bergolla on the bench does him no good. If he's not going to play, then there is no sense in calling him up from Lousiville where he gets ABs.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Unbelievable. Miley will just never get it.

Chip R
05-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Maybe when Sparky comes in to get his number retired, we can keep him.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Sitting Bergolla on the bench does him no good. If he's not going to play, then there is no sense in calling him up from Lousiville where he gets ABs.

Paid vacation in the queen city

WHOO ;)

SirFelixCat
Well, Miley and the FO have saved me money this season. I was going to make the annual trip to baseball mecca late this season, but, really...why?

M2
Jake Peavy's a bad man.

paintmered
05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
You would think that with all those years of experience as a minor league manager, Miley would know what's best for his young players.

Okay, no more Miley bashing from me. This is our lineup today and we will win despite it.

TeamBoone
05-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I am so angry right now that I think I could probably vomit (because my stomach is churning).

Right now, all DM and/or DOB is doing is punishing Austin for what he said to the media. The hell with what's best for the team!!!! If he didn't like it... ok, fine him but don't keep him out of the lineup. That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't blame Austin if he told him to go to you-know-what. Who knows, maybe something similar happened last year when he went AWOL.

I'm think that about now, he's praying he'll be traded.... and what a loss that will be when it happens.

Ugh!!!

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 06:48 PM
:angry:

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
TB is right, this reeks of benching because he talked to the media.

Or is Miley that stubborn that he can't bare to see a lineup be a failure?

pedro
05-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Please, for the love of god, can't we stop this madness!!!!!!

Miley is a dummy.

I'm not too hip on DanO right now either. I don't have any idea why they called up Bergolla, unless Kearns has already been traded or they're going to cut RA tomorrow.

Falls City Beer
That'll show Kearns, eh. The Reds are going to LOATHE facing Kearns if he's traded to an NL team.

TeamBoone
We should all write to DM and DOB. Think they'd read them?

RFS62
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
What kind of evil mojo does Aurilia have over Miley?

What could it be?

In the absence of any conspiracy theories, it seems clear that he likes his game over Austin. How could this guy be brought in as a stop gap reserve and then handed the job?

Is it lack of faith in Lopez? Have they soured on Kearns?

Why, WHY, I ask you?

Chip R
05-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Please, for the love of god, can't we stop this madness!!!!!!

Miley is a dummy.

I'm not too hip on DanO right now either. I don't have any idea why they called up Bergolla, unless Kearns has already been traded or they're going to cut RA tomorrow.Lopez would get cut before Aurilia would. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him to a multi-year deal by the end of the season.

Raisor
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Lopez would get cut before Aurilia would. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign him to a multi-year deal by the end of the season.

A billion million negative points for even suggesting that.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Phil

Start taking hostages.

LvJ
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Mike Restovich back on waivers. :dunno:

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Rich Aurilia is like an old Tim Foli with power now, that's pretty bad... disco bad.

wally post
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
We should all write to DM and DOB. Think they'd read them?

I'll do it. We need to get together on this and try to make a difference. I'm in. what's it gonna be?

Puffy
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
I loathe the Rich Aurilia signing ©

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
So I 'm listening to a mix and the Smith's "Big Mouth Strikes Again" came on right when George and Chris flashed on the screen and Georges whitened teeth smile blinded me the line went... "Sweetness I was only joking when I said I wanted to smash every tooth in your mouth."

Hmmmm....

Chip R
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
A billion million negative points for even suggesting that.Oh yeah, I forgot they read this board. :help:

RosieRed
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
UNBELIEVABLE. :rant:

:miley: makes me :rant: :angry: :rant: :angry: :rant: :angry: :all_cohol :all_cohol

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Rich Aurilia is the baseball equivalent of granny panties.

RosieRed
05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
On another note, :birthday: Harang!

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I don't care if Rich goes 5-5 tonight...it's not smart to stick Kearns on the bench, or to call up the only real MI in the Reds system and stick him on the bench (coddle the pitcher not the hitters)!

Caveat Emperor
05-09-2005, 07:08 PM
...shouldn't at least SOMEBODY be happy that a player got benched for crying to the media about playing time?

I mean, the only reason everybody isn't killing the messanger (Kearns) is because everyone here agrees with the message...Seriously, if it were Jason Romano complaining, there'd be "Cut him!" posts all over Reds Live.

Puffy
05-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Why is this so hard??

Freel 2B
Lopez SS
Dunn LF
Griffey CF
Kearns RF
Casey 1B
Randa 3B
LaRue C

why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why?

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:10 PM
...shouldn't at least SOMEBODY be happy that a player got benched for crying to the media about playing time?

I mean, the only reason everybody isn't killing the messanger (Kearns) is because everyone here agrees with the message...Seriously, if it were Jason Romano complaining, there'd be "Cut him!" posts all over Reds Live.

Truth will out. Complaining with no ammunition's another matter. But when you're right, you're right. And the world needs to hear it.

RosieRed
05-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Personally, I don't care that Kearns (or Jimenez) was talking to the media. What they said doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't care if Romano were saying the same thing; at least it lets me know he wants to be out there every day.

What I care about is putting the best players on the field. And this lineup does not do that.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Roberts grounds out to 1st. 1 out.

Caveat Emperor
05-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Personally, I don't care that Kearns (or Jimenez) was talking to the media. What they said doesn't bother me in the slightest. I wouldn't care if Romano were saying the same thing; at least it lets me know he wants to be out there every day.

What I care about is putting the best players on the field. And this lineup does not do that.

Just playing "Devil's Advocate" a bit...

Incidentally, that AB was vintage Harang: get ahead of the hitter 0-2, and then waste 3 more pitches before he retires him.

RosieRed
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Why is this so hard??

Freel 2B
Lopez SS
Dunn LF
Griffey CF
Kearns RF
Casey 1B
Randa 3B
LaRue C

:miley:

TeamBoone
I really wish they would replay it when they don't show it in the first place (the ground-out to Casey).

Reds Fanatic
Loretta strikes out swinging. 2 outs.

Stormy
05-09-2005, 07:16 PM
What kind of evil mojo does Aurilia have over Miley?

What could it be?

In the absence of any conspiracy theories, it seems clear that he likes his game over Austin. How could this guy be brought in as a stop gap reserve and then handed the job?

Is it lack of faith in Lopez? Have they soured on Kearns?

Why, WHY, I ask you?

I agree. There really is no reason to try to discern the rationale behind anything Miley or DanO opt to enact. Miley had a chance to watch Felipe put up 200+ABs of great ball the second half of last year, a phenomenal Spring, a hot start to this season despite erratic playing time/role definition... and still has opted to tab Aurilia as his starting SS amidst horrid all-around play. When DanO and Miley collaborated, they came away with a situation which required Felipe to switch positions and Kearns to ride the pine in order to still get Aurilia his At Bats. Is this really the tandem anyone wants developing the youngsters, creating a vision for the future, and evaluating talent.

It's a mark of incredible incompetence to preside over a historically inept pitching staff which boasts a 5.79ERA and 1.6WHIP. However, when you consider that DanO's offseason "acquisitions" have actually contributed an even worse 6.47ERA and 1.9+WHIP to that total... it becomes apparent that he's even worse than his numbers, his personnel evaluations and his transactions indicate (which is extraordinary). When this year's pitching acquisitions are combined with last year's equivalent of bringing in Lidle types as you jettison the likes of Reitsma, of opting to not move Wilson at a "career best" value juncture and instead extending him, choosing to throw money at ill-advised "veterans" rather than locking up a single piece of the future, of failing to move even 1 obtrusive contract (i.e. you try to move Casey during his one 915OPS season out of every 4, not when he's off to another one of his 700OPS starts etc...)... it becomes clear that DanO is not cut out for the task of either building for the future, nor contending in the present. Misallocation of funds, horrid talent identification/evaluation, and specious draft and development philosophy.

Add in Miley's inscrutably poor personnel usage, lineup design, and handling of the rotation and bullpen, and you have a blueprint for disaster. And, due to Miley's minor league quirks, we often haven't even had the pleasure of watching Kearns, Pena, Lopez (actual cornerstones to this club's long-term future) develop in the process. It would be hard to botch every aspect of the process more than DanO and Miley have, and unlike horrid seasons' past, it's not the result of a plague of injuries or a shoestring budget... it's the result of poor general management team design, and unbelievably incompetent game/lineup/staff management.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Why is this so hard??

Freel 2B
Lopez SS
Dunn LF
Griffey CF
Kearns RF
Casey 1B
Randa 3B
LaRue C

We need someone that works with the Reds to print this lineup out and slip it under Miley's door.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Klesko strikes out swinging.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:18 PM
We need someone that works with the Reds to print this lineup out and slip it under Miley's door.

While he's here, slide Bergolla in the 2B spot now and then and we have a decent lineup.

Caveat Emperor
I negativize Don Gullett for a lot of things...but the work he has done with Aaron Harang since the trade from Oakland a couple years back has been really stellar. Harang is confident, in control, and is showing a great feel for pitching.

:knock on wood:

Raisor
1 IP, Milton doesn't give up a HR.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Freel grounds out. 1 out.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Stop that :laugh:

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I agree. There really is no reason to try to discern the rationale behind anything Miley or DanO opt to enact. Miley had a chance to watch Felipe put up 200+ABs of great ball the second half of last year, a phenomenal Spring, a hot start to this season despite erratic playing time/role definition... and still has opted to tab Aurilia as his starting SS amidst horrid all-around play. When DanO and Miley collaborated, they came away with a situation which required Felipe to switch positions and Kearns to ride the pine in order to still get Aurilia his At Bats. Is this really the tandem anyone wants developing the youngsters, creating a vision for the future, and evaluating talent.

It's a mark of incredible incompetence to preside over a historically inept pitching staff which boasts a 5.79ERA and 1.6WHIP. However, when you consider that DanO's offseason "acquisitions" have actually contributed an even worse 6.47ERA and 1.9+WHIP to that total... it becomes apparent that he's even worse than his numbers, his personnel evaluations and his transactions indicate (which is extraordinary). When this year's pitching acquisitions are combined with last year's equivalent of bringing in Lidle types as you jettison the likes of Reitsma, of opting to not move Wilson at a "career best" value juncture and instead extending him, choosing to throw money at ill-advised "veterans" rather than locking up a single piece of the future, of failing to move even 1 obtrusive contract (i.e. you try to move Casey during his one 915OPS season out of every 4, not when he's off to another one of his 700OPS starts etc...)... it becomes clear that DanO is not cut out for the task of either building for the future, nor contending in the present. Misallocation of funds, horrid talent identification/evaluation, and specious draft and development philosophy.

Add in Miley's inscrutably poor personnel usage, lineup design, and handling of the rotation and bullpen, and you have a blueprint for disaster. And, due to Miley's minor league quirks, we often haven't even had the pleasure of watching Kearns, Pena, Lopez (actual cornerstones to this club's long-term future) develop in the process. It would be hard to botch every aspect of the process more than DanO and Miley have, and unlike horrid season's past, it's not the result of a plague of injuries or a shoestring budget.

Nothing a couple of closed door meetings can't fix.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I like pitch counts, Ryan Freel likes to jump on the first pitch.

We'll never hook up.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Lopez singles to left.

KronoRed
Lopez singles

Get that man on the bench.

Puffy

Considering he pitched yesterday, I, for one, am not surprised.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/raisor.jpg

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Nice little bat control there by Lopez, classic little ball and very krispy

Raisor
Casey needs to be put on the rack. Maybe he wouldn't have to stretch after any kind of movement.

Reds Fanatic
Casey grounds out 1-5-3. Lopez goes to 2nd.

Stormy
05-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Great job by FeLO of slapping one the other way with 2 strikes, against a guy who doesn't let you beat him on 2 strike counts!! What a gem Felipe is turning into, now if we can just get someone to let him play SS.

Raisor
Casey plays pinball, and still is thrown out by 15 feet.

westofyou
Dave hopes to run in this series, it's like someone dropped off Herzogs book at Daves office last week.

M2
Did Casey stop for a highball on his way to first?

KronoRed
Go JR :clap: :clap:

Reds Fanatic
Junior doubles off the wall in left center. 1-0 Reds. 13 game hit streak for Junior.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Juinor has 11 Doubles already.

His last 3 years

Caveat Emperor
That swing was vintage Griffey, I think he's back...

Falls City Beer
Dave hopes to run in this series, it's like someone dropped off Herzogs book at Daves office last week.

And a cas-single of Great White's "Once Bitten."

Puffy
05-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Junior doubles off the wall in left center. 1-0 Reds. 13 game hit streak for Junior.

He sux. Jim Coombs would have homered on that pitch.

TeamBoone
05-09-2005, 07:25 PM

He ws benched BEFORE that happened... then had two really good games and immediately got benched again. He has every right to be questioning Obviously no one else will listen to him so why not? As long as what he says is true (and he didn't really knock anyone); his comments were so very benign that I don't know how they can even be considered whining.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM

Bwahahahahahahhaa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KronoRed
Dunn gets nothing to hit

GEE ;)

Reds Fanatic
Dunn walks. 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
And a cas-single of Great White's "Once Bitten."

Yeah but Gullet prefers Ian Hunters version.

Dave Mileys attempt to make Joe Randa Deron Johnson circa 1965 continues.

Raisor
Bwahahahahahahhaa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There are ways to reward posters that make you laugh, you know..

(I have no shame when it comes to rep points)

:thumbup:

Reds Fanatic
Randa doubles to center. 3-0 Reds!

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey game threadies :wave:

Puffy
Dunn walks. 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

He sux. Jim Coombs would have taken one of those bad pitches and lined it hard to left, for a base hit and a RBI.

M2
Critical to get on top of Peavy early like this.

If Harang can deliver seven strong innings, the Reds have got a chance to get one in the win column tonight.

LINEDRIVER
Im all for LaRue having his rear end parked on the bench tonight. The guy is offensively inept and he's getting a free ride so far this year.

A free ride? Anybody who plays as much as he does, whiffs as much as he does, and doesnt contribute as much as he does WITHOUT getting booed is getting a free ride.

Chip R
05-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Casey needs to be put on the rack. Maybe he wouldn't have to stretch after any kind of movement.
http://www.alibaba.com/photo/10405174/Dish_Rack.jpg

Reds Fanatic
Aurilia flies to right but Giles dropped the ball for a 2 base error. 4-0 Reds

LvJ
Scoring off of Peavy is rare. This is sweet.

KronoRed
That should be an error

Dave Miley grins and smirks at Kearns

Puffy
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Critical to get on top of Peavy early

Pervert.

:mooner:

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 07:31 PM
There are ways to reward posters that make you laugh, you know..

(I have no shame when it comes to rep points)

:thumbup:

I got ya Phil :)

Stormy
05-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey game threadies :wave:

:wave:

Reds Fanatic
Valentin strikes out. 4-0 Reds after 1.

KronoRed
Hey LGJ :)

RFS62
05-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, look at this.

Stormy is in the house.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey LGJ

RFS62
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I got ya Phil :)

You two get a room.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey LGJ

Aloha. I can't watch this game so someone needs to give me updates.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Reds up 4-0 in the 1st

Lets get this game called.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Nevin grounds out. 1 out.

letsgojunior
You two get a room.

Well the PS in PSR does indeed stand for 'purely sexy'.;)

Raisor
You two get a room.

:devil:

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Giles singles to center.

PuffyPig
I just got back from a meeting and instead of simply checking the score, I decided to check the Board so I could get the game thread gradually. What a suprise to see the 2 out hits scoring runs. Nice start.

Note to Jamie (my son), who posts on the Redszone Live Board under Austin Kearns: I'll be home in about 20 minutes, I hope you're doing you homework.

Raisor
Well the PS in PSR does indeed stand for 'purely sexy'.;)

She would know...

wait, no one is supposed to know that she would know..

ummmmm..

NEVERMIND!

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Can I get some reputation points for that? I have no shame in asking either.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Good work Lopez

He'd be a good SS

westofyou
My cat is on my lap so all I can say yeech.

LvJ
/Aurilia

Reds Fanatic
Hernandez grounds out. Should have been a double play but Aurilia bobbled the ball. Runner on 2nd with 2 outs.

Caveat Emperor
05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
...words fail me. :bang:

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Greene flies out to 2nd. 4-0 Reds middle of the 2nd.

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm all about the Redszone love y'all. But please, no matter how bad it gets in the game, don't be hatin' on each other.

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm all about the Redszone love y'all. But please, no matter how bad it gets in the game, don't be hatin' on each other.

Come on people now, smile on the posters, everybody post together try to love one another right now :D

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Harang lines out to 2nd. 1 out.

M2
05-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Boggles my mind that Giles' ball went for a hit. I know I've been spoiled as a Reds fan, but I'm not taking kindly to watching balls go for hits that Larkin and Concepcion (even at an advanced age) would field without incident.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Freel lines a single to right.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Lopez flies out to left. 2 outs.

Falls City Beer
Come on people now, smile on the posters, everybody post together try to love one another right now :D

It's a court-ordered PSA.

PuffyPig
How come the Cards get Tim ( "I can give up more runs than Wilson") Redding yesterday, and we get Jake Peavy tonight?

When will those #%$^& law of averages start to even out?

Reds Fanatic
Freel steals second.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Casey doubles to right. 5-0 Reds!

KronoRed
05-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Padres looking Red like ;)

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Casey doubles to right. 5-0 Reds!

I can't get mildly excited by a single-digit lead.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Junior walks. 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I can't get mildly excited by a single-digit lead.

I'm only comfortable with 47 run leads at this juncture.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Boggles my mind that Giles' ball went for a hit. I know I've been spoiled as a Reds fan, but I'm not taking kindly to watching balls go for hits that Larkin and Concepcion (even at an advanced age) would field without incident.

That was not a hit, it was a gift

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Dunn strikes out looking. 5-0 Reds after 2.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Dunn looking, Miley tells Ak to get some swings in the tunnel.. and a coke for Narron

Caveat Emperor
05-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Dunn looking, Miley tells Ak to get some swings in the tunnel.. and a coke for Narron

Maybe a Frosty Malt for Don Gullett... :laugh:

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Freakin' T@b, more like. :drink:

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Burroughs strikes out swinging. 1 out.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Peavy grounds out to short. 2 outs.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Sean Burroughs will go down as one of the major disappointments in recent years.

His dad got all the power.

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Sean Burroughs will go down as one of the major disappointments in recent years.

His dad got all the power.

Edgar Rice?

Dude, Tarzan is the bomb.

westofyou
Tab was the 2nd sugar free cola

Who Knows the first?

3 up and down

Reds Fanatic
Roberts flies out to left. 5-0 Reds middle of the 3rd.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Edgar Rice?

Psycho in the middle

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/images/060499/spo_hangover.jpg

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM

Who Knows the first?

3 up and down

Fresca?

Caveat Emperor
Edgar Rice?

I always preferred "John Carter of Mars," personally.

Reds Fanatic
Randa leads off with a single.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Fresca?
Fresca's not sugar free is it? I thought it was Cokes answer to Squirt.

Diet-Rite, 1961

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Aurilia grounds into a 6-3 double play.

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Fresca's not sugar free is it? I thought it was Cokes answer to Squirt.

Diet-Rite, 1961

It is now. I thought I remember hearing my neighbor talk about being stuck somewhere in Viet Nam with only Fresca to drink.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:03 PM
That photo is this incident.

"Ten-Cent Beer Night" in Cleveland backfired after drunken and disorderly fans stumbled onto the field of play causing the Indians to forfeit the game to the Texas Rangers. With a 5-all score in the ninth, Tribe fans poured onto the field and surrounded outfielder Jeff Burroughs while trying to take his hat and glove for souvenirs. After players from both sides rushed to his aid, the game was called in favor of the visitors.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Valentin strikes out swinging. 5-0 Reds after 3.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Reds catchers have 41 K's in 100 ab's for the season (10 walks)

WVRedsFan
05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
... it becomes clear that DanO is not cut out for the task of either building for the future, nor contending in the present. Misallocation of funds, horrid talent identification/evaluation, and specious draft and development philosophy.

Add in Miley's inscrutably poor personnel usage, lineup design, and handling of the rotation and bullpen, and you have a blueprint for disaster. And, due to Miley's minor league quirks, we often haven't even had the pleasure of watching Kearns, Pena, Lopez (actual cornerstones to this club's long-term future) develop in the process. It would be hard to botch every aspect of the process more than DanO and Miley have, and unlike horrid seasons' past, it's not the result of a plague of injuries or a shoestring budget... it's the result of poor general management team design, and unbelievably incompetent game/lineup/staff management.

You're really missed around here because you are seldom wrong about this team and its situation.

I toally agree.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Loretta strikes out. 1 out.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Klesko pops out to 1st. 2 outs.

GAC
05-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Another 1-2-3 inning for Aaron

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Nevin flies out to right. 6 pitch inning for Harang. 5-0 Reds middle of the 4th.

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Fresca introduced as Coke's second calorie-free option in 1966, the year of my birth, Annus Mirabilis.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Harang grounds out to 3rd. 1 out.

MWM
05-09-2005, 08:12 PM

Who Knows the first?

3 up and down

RC

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Freel grounds out. 2 outs.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Fresca introduced as Coke's second calorie-free option in 1966, the year of my birth, Annus Mirabilis.

No wonder Squirt blows it away.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm learnin baseball from Chris and George!!

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Lopez doubles to left. Nice 9 pitch AB for Lopez.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Lopez is my new hero.

OnBaseMachine
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Lopez with a great atbat.

he is a stud.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Casey flies out to left. 5-0 Reds after 4.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Lopez was a bad LH hitter before this year, he K'd alot and tried to pull it, now he's taking it the other way and he's strong enough to do something with it too.

OldRightHander
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow. I just get to a radio after my evening business appointments and I find that we're up 5-0. What got into them? It looks like Lopez is once again making a very persuasive case for regular playing time. What the heck is Aurilia still doing in there though? Miley afraid of putting Lopez at SS? About Kearns: There's something I've been wondering about. You think there's a trade in the works and he's being kept on the bench to avoid any inconvenient injuries?

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, I really needed to see outtakes of those two A&E door chicks on a commercial.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:21 PM
What the heck is Aurilia still doing in there though?

Aurilia has postseason experience, and is a savvy veteran. Get with the program!

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Giles leads off with a double.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Hernandez doubles. 5-1.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Aurilia has postseason experience, and is a savvy veteran. Get with the program!

He just got called up, LGJ. We need to get that welcome package and guidebook over to him, pronto.

OldRightHander
05-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Raining something awful at my house right now. Anyone close to downtown who can assess the chances of getting through this inning? It seems like a good rainstorm after the top of the 5th could be just the "bullpen help" the Reds need. ;)

Stormy
05-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Lopez was a bad LH hitter before this year, he K'd alot and tried to pull it, now he's taking it the other way and he's strong enough to do something with it too.

His LH swing/approach has always reminded me of Robbie Alomar's in terms of how fluid, quick he is through the strikezone (one reason I was always opposed to the notion that he should give up switch-hitting). Now that he's not trying to turn on pitchers on the outer-half, I think we'll see FeLo develop into an extremely potent hitter from both sides of the plate.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Greene strikes out swinging. 1 out.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
He just got called up, LGJ. We need to get that welcome package and guidebook over to him, pronto.

We may need to include the Tom Emanski defensive drills tape, featuring Fred McGriff, in there too.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:26 PM
We may need to include the Tom Emanski defensive drills tape, featuring Fred McGriff, in there too.

Check

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Raining something awful at my house right now. Anyone close to downtown who can assess the chances of getting through this inning? It seems like a good rainstorm after the top of the 5th could be just the "bullpen help" the Reds need. ;)
Just looked at the radar and there doesn't appear to be much rain in the area. Probably just brief showers if we get any rain.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Burroughs strikes out swinging. 2 outs.

OldRightHander
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM

You mean that "how to turn children into baseball robots" video? Great stuff there. Really makes baseball look fun.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Peavy strikes out swinging. 7 K's for Harang. 5-1 Reds middle of the 5th.

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
You mean that "how to turn children into baseball robots" video? Great stuff there. Really makes baseball look fun.

Yeah, I wanna see Fred McGriff throw a baseball into a garbage can from centerfield.

membengal
Well, Miley and the FO have saved me money this season. I was going to make the annual trip to baseball mecca late this season, but, really...why?

Exactly. I don't care that they have scored some runs. The bigger issue is the continued and unbelievably indefensible Rich Aurilia obsession. Really, I don't know what else can be said on this. I am still so mad I can't see straight.

Glad to see Harang dealin' a little bit tonite. Every so often he tantalizes with one of these, and you wonder why he can't do it more consistently...

OldRightHander
Harang has been a pleasant surprise this year. It would be nice to see him continue to improve the way he has been lately.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
66 pitches so far for Aaron

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Junior strikes out looking. 1 out.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Dunn flies out to left. 2 outs.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Randa grounds out to short. 5-1 Reds after 5.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Peavey up to 88 pitches

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Roberts grounds out to 1st. 1 out.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Randa grounds out to short. 5-1 Reds after 5.

Thanks for the updates for those of us who can't watch RF. Rep points are coming your way. :thumbup:

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Mark Loretta looks a little like "G.I. Blues" era Buddy Ebsen.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Aurilia throws the ball away :thumbdown Loretta goes to 2nd on the throw.

MWM
05-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Rich Aurilia now has as more bad throws this year than FeLo.

Virginia Beach Reds
05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Aurilia with air mail throw to first. That won't sit well around here.

Reds Fanatic
Starting to rain lightly at the park.

MWM
Wow, Klesko looks like he's lost about 30 pounds (note: that's not an accusation of steroids).

membengal
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Rich Aurilia now has as more bad throws this year than FeLo.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA. I hate him so much. SOOOOOOO much hate.

Sorry, I know that wasn't constructive. But, really, I have lost all perspective and any touch of rational thought on the Aurilia "fetish", hat tip to Chip R for that.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I feel badly for constantly dogging Aurilia, as I think he's a good guy. Instead I'm just going to continue to bash Miley/DanO for keeping him at SS despite Lopez vastly outplaying him.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Klesko walks. 1st and 2nd with one out.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
If I knew Rich he would be the best player I ever knew.

But I don't know him.

So he stinks.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I feel badly for constantly dogging Aurilia, as I think he's a good guy. Instead I'm just going to continue to bash Miley/DanO for keeping him at SS despite Lopez vastly outplaying him.

Wow, I was just getting ready to type my version of this.

ALL of them want to play, and want in there every day. I wouldn't want it any other way.

It's not his fault, it's all on Miley. I'd love to know how much, if any, influence DanO has on the starting lineup.

RedlegNation
I can't take this Aurilia nonsense anymore. I think I'm going to take a hostage.

I wish I knew what was going on in Dave Miley's head. Aurilia has no business in the lineup.

Think he's feeling the pressure from Lopez? Two terrible plays tonight by Aurilia.

Reds Fanatic
Nevin pops out to 3rd. 2 outs.

Stormy
05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
That's the third routine play Aurilia has botched tonight, and there was a 4th within his zone that he failed to come up with. No range, miscues and arguably the worst regular middle infield bat in the NL... and yet he continues to prevent Felipe from developing at the position (after already taking a month of ABs from him), and is indirectly keeping Austin Kearns on the bench simultaneously. Mystifying, from a team that desperately needs to develop it's young resources for the future, while getting maximum production for the buck from each position in the present.

Let this guy be the "veteran bat off the bench" already, get FeLo his reps at SS (where he'll soon be one of the league's best young MI's), and mend the fences with Kearns et al before it affects more than just Austin.

membengal
05-09-2005, 08:45 PM

You know, you are right. It's just that I can't see O'Brien and Miley as often as I see Aurilia, so my irritation lasers in on him.

Plus, Aurilia did come into camp this spring with the whole "I didn't sign to sit" stuff, which, of course, is prob necessary bravado, but still...coming off of the last few years that he had, a little over the top.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
That's the third routine play Aurilia has botched tonight, and there was a 4th within his zone that he failed to come up with. No range, miscues and arguably the worst regular middle infield bat in the NL... and yet he continues to prevent Felipe from developing at the position (after already taking a month of ABs from him), and is indirectly keeping Austin Kearns on the bench simultaneously. Mystifying, from a team that desperately needs to develop it's young resources for the future, while getting maximum production for the buck from each position in the present.

Let this guy be the "veteran bat off the bench" already, get FeLo his reps at SS (where he'll soon be one of the league's best young MI's), and mend the fences with Kearns et al before it affects more than just Austin.

It just makes no sense on so many levels

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow, I was just getting ready to type my version of this.

ALL of them want to play, and want in there every day. I wouldn't want it any other way.

It's not his fault, it's all on Miley. I'd love to know how much, if any, influence DanO has on the starting lineup.

You and me, we're just connected like that. Either that or it's those tapes Puffy's been circulating.

I think DanO has substantial influence... in looking at his comments in the paper this morning about Kearns and DJ, he's got to be dictating it to some degree IMO.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Giles swings on a 3-0 pitch and flies out to right. 5-1 Reds middle of the 6th.

SteelSD
05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Ok. Is it just me, or does someone need to teach the Fox Sports Ohio cameramen how to hold the stinkin' camera STEADY????

They using handhelds or are we playing through an earthquake?

SirFelixCat
05-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the updates, and wow, Harang dealing for the Reds and my fantasy team tonight. :beerme:

Falls City Beer
05-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Ok. Is it just me, or does someone need to teach the Fox Sports Ohio cameramen how to hold the stinkin' camera STEADY????

Maybe someone's going half on a baby in the camerawell.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 08:49 PM

New Wave Cinema was overrated

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM

That center field camera is moving so much I am getting motion sickness.

SteelSD
New Wave Cinema was overrated

I dunno what's going on with the cameras, but I now have a LOT more empathy for Nick Esasky and Ben Sheets. GAH!

OldRightHander
Well y'all, I'd love to sit here and chit chat til the end of the game, but I have laundry to do before my wife gets home, or she might dish out "negative reputation" points. I don't fancy the couch. At least I can set the ironing board up in front of the tv for the rest of the game. Bye now.

Puffy

Would anyone like some clay? I made it just the other day. It was the first of May. I won't make anyone pay, that really isn't my way.

Reds Fanatic
Aurilia lines out to right. 1 out.

Stormy
05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
It just makes no sense on so many levels

That's the beauty of it! ;) DanO's madness is labyrinthine.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Valentin lines a single to center.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Harang attempts a bunt but grounds into a 1-6 fielder's choice.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Would anyone like some clay? I made it just the other day. It was the first of May. I won't make anyone pay, that really isn't my way.

I'd give you some positive reputation points for that lovely rhyming verse, but I still have to "spread the reputation around before I can give it to Puffy again."

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Freel grounds out to 2nd. 5-1 Reds after 6.

Stormy
05-09-2005, 08:53 PM
You and me, we're just connected like that. Either that or it's those tapes Puffy's been circulating.

I think DanO has substantial influence... in looking at his comments in the paper this morning about Kearns and DJ, he's got to be dictating it to some degree IMO.

Agreed... Miley's not bright enough to be stupid on such an epic scale. ;)

OnBaseMachine
05-09-2005, 08:55 PM

Yeah, why don't I go eat some hay? I can make things out of clay, or lay by the bay, I just may. Whaddya say?

Puffy
I'd give you some positive reputation points for that lovely rhyming verse, but I still have to "spread the reputation around before I can give it to Puffy again."

Yeah, I'm dependent on you and RFS and RL for Rep points - otherwise I'd be SOL.

Take your time, I like 259. I just ate some bovine, and this blue shirt make me look fine.

RFS62

:mooner: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:56 PM
:mooner: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brown noser

:mooner:

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
LGJ, does Puffy know about Raisor?

Puffy
"24" starts in 4 minutes.

pedro
Remember folks, it's about competition and performance.

That's why Richa Aurilia is starting.

I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I'm dependent on you and RFS and RL for Rep points - otherwise I'd be SOL.

Take your time, I like 259. I just ate some bovine, and this blue shirt make me look fine.

Does it bring out the blue in your eyes?

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Hernandez strikes out swinging. 1 out.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 08:59 PM
94 pitches

Puffy
05-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Does it bring out the blue in your eyes?

Yup, there this color: :(

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Greene pops out to 1st. 2 outs.

Puffy
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
LGJ, does Puffy know about Raisor?

Yup, and I don't wanna say anything but Jack Bauer could take out both Gilmore Girls in the blink of an eye.

Just sayin'

SirFelixCat
05-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Wow. Harang looking quite like a ML pitcher. :D He and Wags...the two bright spots in an otherwise shoddy pitching staff.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Burroughs flies out to center. 5-1 Reds middle of the 7th.

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I got all of my reputation points from RFS, Puffy, RL, and from generally begging and having no shame.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
So, what kind of reception will Gravy get tonight if he gets in there?

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Lopez grounds out to 2nd. 1 out.

Reds Fanatic
05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Casey lines a double to left center.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Man, we need Casey to get that stroke back he showed first half of last year.

westofyou
05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Man, we need Casey to get that stroke back he showed first half of last year.

Sometimes I worry that Casey's "Stroke" has the staying power of Billy Squires "Stroke"

letsgojunior
05-09-2005, 09:08 PM

I don't like saying this about any Reds player, but I really hate Graves with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. I can tolerate poor play to a degree, but Graves just rubs me the wrong way with his constant complaints. Despite the Reds being bad in recent years, he's the only real player I haven't been able to stand. I even tolerated guys like JimmAH, JimmA to an extent because I knew they were never very good, and we're being placed in situations they really didn't belong in. OTOH, Graves should be a lot better than he actually is IMO.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Sometimes I worry that Casey's "Stroke" has the staying power of Billy Squires "Stroke"

Yep. It's definitely not there yet.

Reds Fanatic
Junior lines a single to right. 1st and 3rd with one out. New pitcher coming in.

westofyou

Is he smooth or lumpy?

It matters.

Casey is more Ernie Lombardi than Hans Lobert.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh please..... please please please please please.... Junior stay healthy this year.

letsgojunior
Oh please..... please please please please please.... Junior stay healthy this year.

From what I've seen (which has admittedly been like 3 games total)... he's looking a lot better lately.

westofyou
I don't hate baseball players myself. I save that loathing for people who commit crimes against humanity.

Like Paul Rodgers and Bad Company.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Casey is more Ernie Lombardi than Hans Lobert.

Casey dreams of having the Schnozz's speed.

Reds Fanatic
Rudy Seanez in to pitch for the Padres

Falls City Beer

But if it had the staying power of Clarence Carter's "Strokin'" we'd be set.

RFS62
05-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't hate baseball players myself. I save that loathing for people who commit crimes against humanity.

Like Paul Rodgers and Bad Company.

Yeah, we throw that word around a lot. I think we generally mean we hate the players game.

Although, in Lumpy Gravy's case, somebody needs to smack the zen outta his little whiny baby act.

And I'm all about zen. But not with closers underperforming at his level.