PDA

View Full Version : senior class barred from graduation, teacher fired, daughter expelled due to prank

savafan
05-26-2005, 01:40 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7957058/

DELEON SPRINGS, Fla. - A senior class prank has left all eight graduating seniors from Lighthouse Christian Academy barred from campus.

The seniors, all honors students, have had their graduation cancelled, but the principal didn't stop there, WESH 2 News reported.

The mother of one of the seniors, who is a teacher at the academy, was fired, and her daughter, a fourth-grader, was kicked out of the school.

"I think we deserve some kind of punishment, but not this," said Sami Faires, the teacher's daughter. "Not something we worked so hard on."

Faires and classmate Dottie Thomas have received their caps and tassels, but now they are paying the price for their prank.

"I don't think what we did was vandalism," Dottie Thomas said.

On May 12, the seniors moved the principal's desk outdoors and put up toilet paper and sprayed shaving cream. They even wrote, "We love you, Mr. Pearson!" on the walls.

"Everyone was worried about it, and I said he's not really going to do it," Thomas said. "Why would he take away our graduation? Then he really did."

Principal Luke Pearson said he felt like he had no choice in the matter and considers the act vandalism.

"You have to send a message, this cannot happen," Pearson said. "They are good kids, but they did a very wrong thing and there has to be consequences for that."

The seniors went back to the school on the day of the prank and cleaned up their mess in one hour.

"I'm astounded that it has gone as far as its gone," said Deborah Clark, the teacher who was fired. "The kids are heartbroken. The grandparents are heartbroken."

The principal's assistant resigned because of her role in helping the students with their prank.

The students won't face charges. Their graduation had been scheduled for Saturday.

jmcclain19
05-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Wow, shaving cream AND Toliet paper

If I were the Principal's laywer, I'd be calling for the gas chamber. :rolleyes:

Larry Schuler
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
There was something in that desk that the principal didn't want anyone to see. That's why he got so flustered about it.

smallbattle
05-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Man, I would have been put in jail for what I did to our principal. Thank God, I grew up in the early eighties.

TeamCasey
05-26-2005, 06:55 AM
My mother and her friends took apart the principal's car and reassembled it on the Public Library roof.

Roy Tucker
05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Moved the desk? They must have been inspired by Dave Miley.

GAC
05-26-2005, 08:53 AM

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad school administrators weren't has hard-nosed when I was in school, because we pulled some whoper pranks. We had a principal whose nickname was Chicken Charlie (Charles Price). He had been there for many years - my uncles, who went to school there, also pulled some good "chicken" pranks on him. I had to carry on the family tradition. During my senior year, during a pepper rally in the school gym, I waited till he was at the mic to adress the students and I let loose with one of those rubber dead chickens. It was really one of those "wing and a prayer" shoots because I had to be fast not wanting to be seen.

It landed right at his feet (a one in a million shot), and the whole auditorium broke out laughing like crazy.

It took him a couple days of investigation to finally figure out who did it (somebody squealed). I sure wish they didn't believe in cracking students back then. ;)

Redsland
05-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I poured Mr. Bubble in the school fountain, wrote my graduation year in the grass "permanently" with bleach, inserted fake announcements in the morning, uh, announcements, disconnected the classroom "bells" that start and end classes, hid the blank "ditto" forms to prevent quizzes, organized a Senior Skip Day that included a cabrewing floatilla that coincidentally ran across a legitimate gym class outing with teachers, changed the padlocks on the gates to the parking lots, and a few other things that have slipped my mind.

;)

KronoRed
05-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Yeesh Redsland you'd end up executed these days :lol:

TeamDunn
05-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Are there any graduating classes that get to throw their caps in the air?

Our school stopped letting people do it and we were told we would not graduate if we did.

Back then it scared us enough to not do it, but I wonder if they really could have taken our "graduate" status away from us?

When we went through our ceremony we did not get our true diplomas, we had to pick them up later in the week.

Redsfaithful
05-26-2005, 09:16 AM
The mother of one of the seniors, who is a teacher at the academy, was fired

Gee, I wonder what her union thinks. Wait ...

Lighthouse Christian Academy

Well nevermind then.

Redsland
05-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeesh Redsland you'd end up executed these days :lol:
Ah, but notice that none of them (save the underage drinking) were crimes.

Bleach, not fire, for example. :evil:

Mischievous, certainly, but no damage or mayhem.

(The previous year, the seniors brought in garbage bags full of live cicadas and released them into the cafeteria and halls at lunch. Now THAT was disruptive.) :devil:

Blimpie
05-26-2005, 10:08 AM
One of my best friends was told by our high school principal that he would not be allowed to "march across stage" during our graduation ceremony because he owed something like $ 12.15 in unpaid library late fees. He had to sit with all of the parents in the crowd. Ironically enough, his family spent over $ 50.00 on his graduation announcements...

BuckU
05-26-2005, 10:42 AM
When we went through our ceremony we did not get our true diplomas, we had to pick them up later in the week.

My high school did this too. I think it was to avoid somebody mooning or flippling off the person handing out the diplomas.

registerthis
05-26-2005, 11:45 AM
THAT was funny. :D

Blimpie
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
My high school did this too. I think it was to avoid somebody mooning or flippling off the person handing out the diplomas.High school? Hell, my COLLEGE (University of Florida) did the same thing...We had to trek across campus and return our gowns and mortarboards in order to get our diplomas.

I think the card inside the holder said something like, "redeem this coupon for a free diploma at the administration building" :D