PDA

View Full Version : RedsZone Gathering games tickets

Pages : [1] 2

creek14
05-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah I finally found the time to get these ready to send out. Here's the status of what I am doing with them. If you want something different done with them, PM me before tomorrow (Sat) around noon.

There are some extras if anyone else wants to go. PM about that too.

GAC - mailing
RedsBaron - mailing
Kitty - TeamDunn is holding your ticket
Red Leader - mailing (have you moved?)
Redsland - TeamDunn is holding your tickets
Rosie - mailing
Zombie - mailing
Sandy - mailing
Puffy - mailing
Unassisted - mailing
LGJ - holding pending notification of your plans or new address
Teamsters - TeamDunn is holding your tickets
Roy - mailing
Krono - need your address
Chip - need your address

Red Leader
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM

We are not moving until July 27th, so the address you have is the correct one to send the tickets to. Much thanks, creek. Really appreciate it.

zombie-a-go-go
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Props, c14. :thumbup:

RosieRed
05-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks Creek. :)

KittyDuran
05-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks Creek & TD...

Redsland I just sent you a PM.
Teamsters - I'm getting the tickets from TD on Saturday, I can either drop them off or mail them.

KronoRed
05-27-2005, 05:50 PM

I'll need to look that up :D

Thanks creek :)

RedsBaron
05-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Creek:
I just sent you a PM. Please give my ticket to someone. My wife and oldest son will be out of town the weekend of June 10-12. If I go to the Reds game on June 10, I'd have to leave my younger sons with grandparents, forcing them to miss their own Little League games. I'd rather they get to play. Besides, I expect my twelve year old's team to win--they have quality starting pitching! ;)
Thanks!

creek14
05-28-2005, 11:05 AM
A few people have PM'd me and asked about meeting before the game(s).

I know that 5th and Vine is the traditional meeing spot, but I'm going to suggest GameDay. It's roomy and just a block from the park.

Suggestions?

KittyDuran
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM

I know that 5th and Vine is the traditional meeing spot, but I'm going to suggest GameDay. It's roomy and just a block from the park.

Suggestions?Creek, how's the parking around Gameday Cafe?

Newport Red
05-28-2005, 06:27 PM

Suggestions?

Bar Louie in Newport on the Levee is huge.
Parking at the levee is $4.00 on friday and saturday.
If you make a $3.00 purchase at the Levee the parking is free.
I don't know if the promotion will last into July though.

Or the Hofbrauhaus Beer Garden!!

Chip R
05-28-2005, 11:56 PM

Suggestions?What?! Break tradition?! ;) I don't care where we meet but I worry GAC will never find GameDay since he had such a difficult time finding 5th and Vine. ;)

KronoRed
05-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Some people could go to 5th and lead the stragglers to Gameday (I just found it this evening when I was walking to the purple bridge :lol: )

Chip R
05-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Some people could go to 5th and lead the stragglers to Gameday (I just found it this evening when I was walking to the purple bridge :lol: )We could leave bread crumbs for them. Or leave a trail of empty Warsteiner bottles for GAC. ;)

GAC
05-29-2005, 05:54 AM
I say we hogtie CQ and make him take that ticket off of RB's hands. ;)

Thanks again creek for all that you've done. I know you're a busy lady.

Chips' driving, so I could less where we are gonna meet up at. :lol:

I am going down earlier in the day, cause I want to check out the HOF.

Anyone else that wants to meet up with Chip and I, let us know.

Boss-Hog
05-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I mentioned this in chat last night, but those of you going Friday night are going to be stuck with me. ;) Thanks again to Creek for organizing this all.

Boss

KronoRed
05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I mentioned this in chat last night, but those of you going Friday night are going to be stuck with me. ;) Thanks again to Creek for organizing this all.

Boss

Coolness Boss :beerme:

TeamMorris
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
I mentioned this in chat last night, but those of you going Friday night are going to be stuck with me. ;)
Boss

:thumbup: Looking forward to meeting you and others!!

Puffy
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM
GAC - mailing
RedsBaron - mailing
Kitty - TeamDunn is holding your ticket
Redsland - TeamDunn is holding your tickets
Rosie - mailing
Zombie - mailing
Sandy - mailing
Puffy - mailing
Unassisted - mailing
LGJ - holding pending notification of your plans or new address
Teamsters - TeamDunn is holding your tickets
Roy - mailing
Chip - need your address

Why am I ninth on this list? I should be first - and if anything GAC and I should be switched cause I am way more valuable than GAC!!! And how can Zombie rate ahead of me?

I feel so abused.

KronoRed
05-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Sac up ;)

GAC
05-30-2005, 08:36 PM
What?! Break tradition?! ;) I don't care where we meet but I worry GAC will never find GameDay since he had such a difficult time finding 5th and Vine. ;)

Ay my age it isn't hard to find running water (Fountain Square). It's like a sixth sense. ;)

GAC
05-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Why am I ninth on this list? I should be first - and if anything GAC and I should be switched cause I am way more valuable than GAC!!! And how can Zombie rate ahead of me?

I feel so abused.

We have tenure pagan. :lol:

creek14
06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
SB11 and ORH, your tickets went out late Thur.

Newport I think I'll leave yours at will call, just to make sure you get it. Could you please PM me your name.

Everyone else, your tickets went out last weekend (so Tue due to the holiday). Anyone gotten them yet?

There are a couple left for each game (Fri and Sat vs the Orioles) if anyone is interested.

RosieRed
06-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Got mine the other day Creek. Thanks again for handling this. :)

letsgojunior
06-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Got them today creek. Thanks for putting this together.

I have seat 4 on Friday and 9 on Saturday - hopefully Puffy is nearby.;)

Chip R
06-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I got mine as well. Thanks bunches, creek.

SandyD
06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Mine came today as well ... cool. Thanks, creek. Time to start packing. ;)

Puffy
06-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Got them today creek. Thanks for putting this together.

I have seat 4 on Friday and 9 on Saturday - hopefully Puffy is nearby.;)

I still haven't got mine. But we'll work a trade if we have to, so you'll be near me :D

Chip R
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I still haven't got mine. But we'll work a trade if we have to, so you'll be near me :DGet a room, you two. ;)

Unassisted
06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Mine arrived today. Thanks, Creek!

letsgojunior
06-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Creek has informed me that there is no need to trade - Puffy and I are already sitting next to each other. :D

TeamMorris
06-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Got ours...Thank You Kitty and whoever handed them off to her :confused: :laugh:

KittyDuran
06-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Got ours...Thank You Kitty and whoever handed them off to her :confused: :laugh:TeamDunn did the honors - in a pretty red purse...(thanks TD!)

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Got mine Thursday..thanks creek :)

TeamDunn
06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
TeamDunn did the honors - in a pretty red purse...(thanks TD!)

:D

TeamMorris
06-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you TD :)

creek14
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Anyone interested in going out Sat after the game?

Redsland
06-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Um, Duhhhhh!

:beerme:

KronoRed
06-05-2005, 11:20 PM

Who isn't? ;)

creek14
06-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Um, Duhhhhh!

:beerme:
Well then let's make some plans. I'm a planner. I have to plan. Ducks in a row and all that stuff.

GAC
06-06-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm coming down to Chips earlier in the day (around noon) on Friday if anyone wants to meet up. I want to see the Red's HOF (and drown my sorrows). ;)

Redsland
06-06-2005, 09:47 AM
What's the status of the softball game?

I've been sharpening my cleats for a week.

:evil:

zombie-a-go-go
06-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Friday? Pshaw. We're meeting up Thursday to watch the DRays game and go drinkin' afterward.

If only I knew where we were meeting... (hint, hint Puffy)

Puffy
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Friday? Pshaw. We're meeting up Thursday to watch the DRays game and go drinkin' afterward.

If only I knew where we were meeting... (hint, hint Puffy)

Ummmm, I've never been to Cincinnati before, so you are gonna have to pick the places there Z.

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Z..pick a place..I know it's hard..but please..FOCUS ;)

zombie-a-go-go
06-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Ummmm, I've never been to Cincinnati before, so you are gonna have to pick the places there Z.

*sigh*

Fifth and Vine, then. Because I've never been to Gameday and half the time even I can't find O'Malley's. ;)

And then we can do Gameday after the game. Or cross the river to see strippers. ;) :devil:

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 10:00 AM
*sigh*

Fifth and Vine, then. Because I've never been to Gameday and half the time even I can't find O'Malley's. ;)

And then we can do Gameday after the game. Or cross the river to see strippers. ;) :devil:

Umm..they don't do that in Newport ;)

letsgojunior
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag, so someone needs to tell me how to get from Covington to this Fifth and Vine place. Please don't make me bring my map.:lol:

Chip R
06-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag, so someone needs to tell me how to get from Covington to this Fifth and Vine place. Please don't make me bring my map.:lol:You start by going across the river. ;)

letsgojunior
06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
You start by going across the river. ;)

If Cincinnati is a baseball diamond, and I'm at home plate, what base am I headed towards?:lol:

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Umm..3rd I think :lol:

Driving or walking? walking, just head across the suspension bridge..then take a left at 2nd..that should take you to Vine..then walk up Vine till you see the 5th and Vine on your right..at 5th street ;)

I THINK..I've never walked it..but it sounds right :D

Chip R
06-06-2005, 01:30 PM
If Cincinnati is a baseball diamond, and I'm at home plate, what base am I headed towards?:lol:Hmmmmm. I'd say somewhere between 1st and 2nd base. Karin, don't worry about it. They have shuttles that will take you from your hotel to right by there if not actually to the Westin (5th and Vine) and it's not like you are going to be on your own there. Someone familiar with the city is going to be able to help you out.

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Or you could follow Chips advice and take a shuttle that will drop you off right there....if you wanna do it the easy way

;)

zombie-a-go-go
06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Or take a cab, shouldn't be more than a $5 spot.

If you're considering renting a car, I'd suggest against it. Everything downtown is close enough that you shouldn't have any problems on foot or w/ a taxi - also, there will surely be plenty of native RZers around to give you a lift somewhere should you need it.

And now that I've said all that, it will surely prove false.

letsgojunior
06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I can't rent a car anyways, I'm only 23 and I think you have to be 25.

Anyway, who all is going to the game on Thursday now?

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Anyway, who all is going to the game on Thursday now?
:wave:

zombie-a-go-go
06-06-2005, 01:43 PM

Ditto.

Red Leader
06-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm getting my hair frosted, and can't make it, sorry. I'll see you Friday, though.

KittyDuran
06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I can't rent a car anyways, I'm only 23 and I think you have to be 25.

Anyway, who all is going to the game on Thursday now?I'm probably in... have to see how my physical therapy goes in the morning [had my first visit this morning - not too bad]

OldRightHander
06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I can't go on Thursday, but I'll be there Friday. See y'all then. I have to be downtown Friday afternoon to meet with a client, so I figure I'll just be sticking around until game time. I worked downtown for years, so I know my way around pretty well if anyone needs any directions.

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm getting my hair frosted, and can't make it, sorry. I'll see you Friday, though.
That hair betty be extra krispy :D

TeamDunn
06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Karin,

If you are taking the shuttle straight to the park you can get off at the first stop across the bridge and walk over to the park...you can stay on the shuttle an extra 10-15 minutes and it will drop you off right at the park on its way to Newport if you prefer.

If you are taking it to 5th & Vine it stops right at the 5th street side of the Westin and 5th & Vine is on the right. You can go in the main doors on 5th street or the "kinda side" doors on Vine st.

If you need any help taking the bus from Ky to Cincy PM me and I can help you. If you are right on the river in Covington you will be very close to me.

TD

TeamCasey
06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
If you need a landmark, 5th and Vine is on Fountain Square. Just ask for directions to the fountain.

RosieRed
06-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Karin,

Let me add to the confusion and say I can give you directions to the bar when I pick you up Thursday.

:)

KittyDuran
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Where is everyone sitting at the ballpark on Thursday?

GAC
06-06-2005, 09:11 PM
I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag, so someone needs to tell me how to get from Covington to this Fifth and Vine place. Please don't make me bring my map.:lol:

First bring a swimsuit because you'll have to cross the Ohio River. Start on the WV side because the tide will carry you downstream. ;)

Take 75 to the 5th St exit. Follow 5th till to see the Fountain (center of town). I normally turn left right there (get in the right lane IMMEDIATELY) and the parking garage is right there. Best place to park IMO; but you need to get there before 5 PM IMO. The Westin (5th & Vine bar) is directly south across the street.

I usually like to start at the Rock Bottom cafe (which is directly above the parking garage, and then wander of to the Westin.

From there it's just a stumble downhill to the stadium. ;)

GAC
06-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Any of you out of towners who are not familiar with the area let Chip or I know. I'm coming down earlier in the day and will make arrangements to help you out somehow.

NOTICE TO ALL THAT IS COMING - Our final destination before the game is the Westin's 5th and Vine. And you should be there around 5 PM if WE ALL want to get seating, because it does fill up.

If any of you alcoholics want to meet prior to that then let me and Chip know. I want to see the HOF so we are going down earlier in the day. Chip may not know this yet, but we be starting at the Rock Bottom Cafe around 3:30 or so.

Rock Bottom - how appropriate ;)

GAC
06-06-2005, 09:14 PM
What's the status of the softball game?

I've been sharpening my cleats for a week.

:evil:

We thought you were organizing that Miley!!! ;)

SandyD
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
5th and Vine? I thought we were meeting at Gameday or something.

I'm arriving Thursday morning.

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 11:42 PM
5th and Vine? I thought we were meeting at Gameday or something.

I'm arriving Thursday morning.

I think Gameday is friday..5th and vine for the Thursday people :D

Kitty, I don't think we have tickets for Thursday yet..should be no trouble to get Reds/D-Ray tickets at the gate ;)

SandyD
06-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I know where 5th and Vine is. Not sure about Gameday, but should be able to find it. We'll be on foot, though.

Just so you recognize us ... maybe I'll "make" Alfred wear his White Sox cap. :D

KronoRed
06-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Gameday is right down the street from the ballpark heading toward the purple bridge :D ..quick walk :)

Chip R
06-07-2005, 07:56 AM
For what it's worth, it might be best to meet up at Gameday on Friday and Saturday since we'll have such a large group both nights. Since the group will be smaller on Thursday, 5th and Vine might work out well for that.

creek14
06-07-2005, 08:14 AM
For what it's worth, it might be best to meet up at Gameday on Friday and Saturday since we'll have such a large group both nights. Since the group will be smaller on Thursday, 5th and Vine might work out well for that.
As of right now Mr creek and I are planning on going to GameDay post game on Saturday.

KittyDuran
06-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Those of us for the Friday night game might want to do this....

From the Reds website:

Photo Fridays
The Reds Community Fund and Cincinnati Bell Yellow Pages host “Photo Fridays” at all Reds Friday home games this season. Fans will have an opportunity to have a custom digital photo taken at the Reds Community Fund booth, located outside section 120 by the Gapper’s Alley entrance at Great American Ball Park.

Fans can pose in front of one of several baseball backgrounds and will receive their framed photo keepsakes just moments later. The images are just $5, and all proceeds benefit the Reds Community Fund.

“Photo Fridays” begin when the Great American Ball Park gates open, 90 minutes prior to game time. The booth will remain open for 15 minutes following the conclusion of the game.

Cincinnati Bell Yellow Pages underwrites the program and marks its second year of association with the Reds Community Fund. Last September, Cincinnati Bell Yellow Pages was the presenting sponsor of “Opening Night,” the gala grand opening of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum.

letsgojunior
06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
What kind of food do the 5th and Vine and Gameday have? Is it a bigger selection than just burgers/fries sort of thing?

TeamDunn
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Other than the free popcorn does Gameday have food? I didn't go in the back section. There was a group on the patio that had food but I figured they brought it or had it catered?

Super_Barry11
06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
The tickets got to my house in Dayton yesterday (my mom called to tell me this morning), so thank you so much, Creek!! Once again, let me know how you want me to pay!! :)

I'm so excited!!! :D

KittyDuran
06-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Anybody going Sunday? I have an extra ticket [no charge - but ya have to sit with me... :D ]

Chip R
06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Anybody going Sunday? I have an extra ticket [no charge - but ya have to sit with me... :D ]I think Alfred and Sandy may be going. I may too but I guess it all depends on if I survive Saturday.

TeamDunn
06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Italian Fest is in Newport Thursday through Sunday. They have some great Italian foods. By Saturday afternoon/evening they start running out of stuff so get there early! :)

It is along the River just below/at the Levee.

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 03:14 AM
Italian Fest is in Newport Thursday through Sunday. They have some great Italian foods. By Saturday afternoon/evening they start running out of stuff so get there early! :)

It is along the River just below/at the Levee.

Aww crud! parking for me just got 1000% harder :help:

Defiantly have to bum rides off others now ;)

GAC
06-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Where is everyone sitting at the ballpark on Thursday?

Moon deck, section 146, row E

GAC
06-08-2005, 08:32 AM

Thats fine with me; but we're still making a stop at the Rock Bottom. ;)

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 08:34 AM
We could just skip the game and go bar hopping ;)

I'll of course just be seeing if sprite tastes different in places :D

GAC
06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Time? I have yet to hear at what time we are all going to meet prior to the game?

This is starting to look like an Abbott and Costello routine of Who's In First?" :lol:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.jpg

Again - are any of you out-of towners going to try and see the HOF prior to the game on Friday? If so, let Chip and I know. We'll try to meet up if possible.

Chip R
06-08-2005, 08:50 AM
But of course. BTW, I won't be going up to Sharonville after all so c'mon over anytime you want.

zombie-a-go-go
06-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Well, our early-Thursday group managed to make plans with nary a muss or a fuss to be had.

You guys must be getting old. :evil:

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey Z

How you feeling today? fever gone I hope?

zombie-a-go-go
06-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Z

How you feeling today? fever gone I hope?

Yep. :thumbup:

I told it how much it was going to cost me to cancel my hotel reservations now, scaring it into submission. :D

Seriously, though, I'll be ready to go come 5:30 tomorrow (that's Thursday, people) afternoon at Fifth and Vine.

Chip R
06-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Well, our early-Thursday group managed to make plans with nary a muss or a fuss to be had.

You guys must be getting old. :evil:It's a little easier to plan when only 4-5 people are getting together, Fever Boy. ;)

SandyD
06-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm sick (headache, sore throat, earache and lost voice), and Alfred is having trouble finding someone to check up on his dad while he's gone. He had someone who backed out.

I have to work late tonight, and then do laundry before I pack. And my flight is 7am. SO, it'll be close. :D

(I was supposed to do laundry last night, but my sister in law had the machines tied up all night, and even this morning.)

letsgojunior

That's because the Thursday group is simply the coolest collection of people ever assembled.

zombie-a-go-go
And I'll wear my Reds cap so you cats recognize me. ;)

zombie-a-go-go
06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I have to work late tonight, and then do laundry before I pack. And my flight is 7am. SO, it'll be close. :D

We'll have coffee spiked with the libation of your choice waiting for you. :D

zombie-a-go-go
06-08-2005, 09:02 AM
That's because the Thursday group is simply the coolest collection of people ever assembled.

Truer words were never spoken... save for all those people who bemoaned the Ramon Ortiz signing. ;) :D

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 09:03 AM

Word up :cool:

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Hope you feel better Sandy :(

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
And I'll wear my Reds cap so you cats recognize me. ;)
Yeah I won't walk by you this time :D

letsgojunior
06-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm very nervous about my flight already. Who wants to volunteer to be my Redszone contact at the airport when I completely panic and start crying?:lol:

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm very nervous about my flight already. Who wants to volunteer to be my Redszone contact at the airport when I completely panic and start crying?:lol:
You'll be fine :) it's a pretty short flight..if you need you can conference call all of us :D

TeamCasey
06-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Is it official ........ GAMEDAY for Friday and Saturday?

letsgojunior
06-08-2005, 09:19 AM
You'll be fine :) it's a pretty short flight..if you need you can conference call all of us :D

I'm taking off from Newark NJ which is just outside NYC so it's like a 2 hour flight. I'm ready to cry now. And I have a window seat. I hate window seats, but there were no aisle seats except in the back rows of the plane. I hate seeing all the little cars and buildings below, it makes me really nervous. I think I need therapy. :help:

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Ok, so what time is everyone showing up at Gameday? I have to meet with a client Friday, but I can be over there by around 4:30.

Chip R
06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm taking off from Newark NJ which is just outside NYC so it's like a 2 hour flight. I'm ready to cry now. And I have a window seat. I hate window seats, but there were no aisle seats except in the back rows of the plane. I hate seeing all the little cars and buildings below, it makes me really nervous. I think I need therapy. :help:
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10112000/10112414.jpg

Chip R
06-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Ok, so what time is everyone showing up at Gameday? I have to meet with a client Friday, but I can be over there by around 4:30.I'm sure GAC and I will be there before that. But I'm sure folks will start rolling in around that time.

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
That sounds good. I'm not much of a drinker, so I may just get a coke and chit chat a bit. I don't have a clue what anyone looks like, but I will probably be in a Reds golf shirt with a home Reds cap. See y'all then.

Chip R
06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
That sounds good. I'm not much of a drinker, so I may just get a coke and chit chat a bit. I don't have a clue what anyone looks like, but I will probably be in a Reds golf shirt with a home Reds cap. See y'all then.
You'll recognize GAC easy ;)

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Look for the loud group dressed in Red :D

Joseph
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm behind home plate on Saturday [bought my tickets before this was put together] so I'm going to have to take a sign the slanders Redszone so you guys can find me :)

Kidding.

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Just slander The Reds :D

Joseph
06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Just slander The Reds :D

I'm afraid I wouldn't stand out though. :laugh:

KittyDuran
06-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Moon deck, section 146, row E I got a ticket for that section and row, seat 4. Is that anywhere near you guys???

TeamBoone
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Ok, so what time is everyone showing up at Gameday? I have to meet with a client Friday, but I can be over there by around 4:30.

I thought Friday was 5th and Vine? :help:

Chip R
06-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I thought Friday was 5th and Vine? :help:No, that's Thursday. We thought Gameday was better for Friday since we'll have such a big group.

Puffy
06-08-2005, 12:51 PM
No, that's Thursday. We thought Gameday was better for Friday since we'll have such a big group.

When do I get my name tag?

letsgojunior
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM

I did not realize there would be name tags. It would be funny if we all switched our name tags, for instance I could be Puffy and say things like "I'm sensitive and stuff", "Just sayin'", "I loathe the Joe Randa signing."

Roy Tucker
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
So what's the protocol for these kinds of soirees? Do we go by our RedsZone names or our real ones? I'm not sure if someone hollered "Roy" I'd turn around and look.

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 12:56 PM
So what's the protocol for these kinds of soirees? Do we go by our RedsZone names or our real ones? I'm not sure if someone hollered "Roy" I'd turn around and look.

Roy Tucker isn't your real name? :confused: :confused: :confused:

;)

Chip R
06-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Like you'll need one. Everyone will recognize the presence of Jim Coombs by his aura as soon as he steps off the plane.

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Like you'll need one. Everyone will recognize the presence of Jim Coombs by his aura as soon as he steps off the plane.

I'm thinking the blow-up doll will give it away.

Puffy
06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking the blow-up doll will give it away.

Says the person whose wife won't let him play with the rest of the group.

:mooner:

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM

I've used both at gatherings

It helps to have a short first name :D

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Says the person whose wife won't let him play with the rest of the group.

:mooner:

No, no. Don't get me wrong. That was a compliment. I'm jealous.

letsgojunior
06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
And here I thought RL was getting his hair highlighted...

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:19 PM
And here I thought RL was getting his hair highlighted...

That's Thursday. :D

and the word is "frosted".

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 01:22 PM
What color is it now? so we can imagine a before and after :D

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
What color is it now? so we can imagine a before and after :D

It's brown. I'm getting it "frosted" with gray highlights.

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Sweet ;)

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm also scheduled to undergo a reverse liposuction treatment.

Got a good deal on the package.

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I've got a bit of that grey frosting too, but I got mine for free, rather naturally as a matter of fact.

Red Leader
06-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I've got a bit of that grey frosting too, but I got mine for free, rather naturally as a matter of fact.

Yea, but did you get the package with the reverse liposuction?

Cuz that's where the real deal comes in. ;)

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Yea, but did you get the package with the reverse liposuction?

Cuz that's where the real deal comes in. ;)

I think I got that package as well, but I think I did more to contribute to that condition than the frosting.

TeamCasey
06-08-2005, 03:24 PM

I tend to stick to computer names. I'll never learn everyone's real names. I have the attention span of a Puffy.

Joseph
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
You people should have screen names and real names that are similar. For instance my screen name is Joseph, and my real name is....Joseph/Joe. I find I get confused less easily that way. :)

KittyDuran
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
You people should have screen names and real names that are similar. For instance my screen name is Joseph, and my real name is....Joseph/Joe. I find I get confused less easily that way. :)Mine's not too different... screen name is KittyDuran or Kitty and my real name is Cathy. :)

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
You people should have screen names and real names that are similar. For instance my screen name is Joseph, and my real name is....Joseph/Joe. I find I get confused less easily that way. :)

This is the only web site where my screen name isn't my real name. Maybe I should be more consistent.

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 03:36 PM
My screen name starts with the same letter as my middle name..other then that I got nothing ;)

zombie-a-go-go
06-08-2005, 03:37 PM
My first name isn't "zombie," but my last name is "a-go-go."

OldRightHander
06-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Well, anyone who wants to know my real name will just have to come Friday night.

Redsland
06-08-2005, 03:43 PM
In the past I've answered to screen name (Redsland) or my first name (Hey) or my last name (Dude).

TeamBoone
06-08-2005, 03:46 PM

No, lgj, you don't need therapy... just put the shade down so that you're not tempted to look out the window.

Also, someone may be willing to switch with you. I've always preferred the window (it gives me something to lean on so that I can take a nap)... there must be others out there.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday night! :beerme:

Chip R
06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
You people should have screen names and real names that are similar. For instance my screen name is Joseph, and my real name is....Joseph/Joe. I find I get confused less easily that way. :) :wave:

Matt700wlw
06-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Guess what my real name is? :D

Joseph
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Guess what my real name is? :D

You didn't have some of those weird parents who named their kid after their favorite radio station did you? My wife went to school with a girl named, and I kid you not, WEBN 102.7. That was the first and middle names. I can't recall her last name.

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Matt's are cool

Just sayin ;)

creek14
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I know all your names and addreses. Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Well those who got group tickets.

Unassisted
06-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I am in the Buckeye State now, having landed in Columbus this morning. Got my Priceline hotel stay all booked and I'm just watching the details of the pregame meetup come together here.

See y'all on Friday. :)

wally post
06-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm jealous... :bang:
HAVE A GREAT TIME!

KronoRed
06-08-2005, 06:35 PM
I am in the Buckeye State now, having landed in Columbus this morning. Got my Priceline hotel stay all booked and I'm just watching the details of the pregame meetup come together here.

See y'all on Friday. :)

Good flight I hope :)

Unassisted
06-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Good flight I hope :)Good, except for the getting-up-at-4-AM part. ;)

GAC
06-08-2005, 09:02 PM
It's brown. I'm getting it "frosted" with gray highlights.

Then mine has been frosted for the last several years. Only mine came naturally! :lol:

Chip - I'll still be down around noon. I gotta drop the kids off at the grandparents in West Chester.

I'm assuming we will park downtown and that everywhere we want to go is then within a walking/stumbling distance.

Is everyone else whom creek got tix for also out in the moondeck?

Like I said - section 146, row E, seat 4 is where I is.

KittyDuran
06-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Then mine has been frosted for the last several years. Only mine came naturally! :lol:

Chip - I'll still be down around noon. I gotta drop the kids off at the grandparents in West Chester.

I'm assuming we will park downtown and that everywhere we want to go is then within a walking/stumbling distance.

Is everyone else whom creek got tix for also out in the moondeck?

Like I said - section 146, row E, seat 4 is where I is.Wait a minute isn't Section 146 is where the Thursday crowd is going to be? That's my ticket tomorrow night... :confused:

Puffy
06-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Wait a minute isn't Section 146 is where the Thursday crowd is going to be? That's my ticket tomorrow night... :confused:

No, we haven't gotten tickets for Thursday yet.

KittyDuran
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
No, we haven't gotten tickets for Thursday yet.Well, GAC must have read my post wrong - he answered the moon deck... :bang:

I guess I can turn the ticket in... :confused: If not, I guess I'll be at the game on Thursday, but won't see anyone until Friday since no one has got their tickets yet...

SandyD
06-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Kitty, gonna be at 5th and Vine tomorrow? 5:30ish?

I can't believe in less than 12 hours I'll be in Cincinnati.

As for recognition:

If I remember to bring it, I might be the one in a Tulane Green Wave baseball cap and/or a New Orleans Zephyrs T-shirt. If not, Alfred will most likely wear his White Sox cap. :D

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Check..look for white sox fan and throw stuff at them ;)

creek14
06-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Is anyone going to GameDay AFTER the Saturday game?

Just a reminder - RedsZone.com will be recognized on the scoreboard during the Friday game - when they welcome groups etc. I don't remember when they start throwing those up, maybe the 3rd or 5th.

KittyDuran
06-09-2005, 07:35 AM

As for recognition:

If I remember to bring it, I might be the one in a Tulane Green Wave baseball cap and/or a New Orleans Zephyrs T-shirt. If not, Alfred will most likely wear his White Sox cap. :DProbably not... I don't get off work until 5pm and I work about 20 miles away. It takes me at least 45 minutes to get downtown, then parking, then walking to 5th & Vine - everybody will be leaving to go to the park by then.

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Is anyone going to GameDay AFTER the Saturday game?

creek14
06-09-2005, 07:42 AM
:confused: The little yellow wavy guy is going?

Does he have an ID? Cause they card at GameDay.

Well, not old people like me, but others.

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 07:55 AM
He's saying he'll be there

I have fake ID for him ;)

GAC
06-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Well, GAC must have read my post wrong - he answered the moon deck... :bang:

I guess I can turn the ticket in... :confused: If not, I guess I'll be at the game on Thursday, but won't see anyone until Friday since no one has got their tickets yet...

I've never read a post wrong in my life! :lol:

But yeah, my ticket is for Friday.

Do people already have their tix for the Saturday game? Who is all going? And are there any extra tix around for that game?

The grandparents said they'd like to have the kids longer then just over night, and that is just the excuse I need with the wife to stay down there another day and catch the HOF inductions. ;)

She doesn't mind anyway, 'cause she's got the whole house to herself then.

I talked with CQ this morning. He either didn't know, or had forgotten about the wingding this weekend. To his defense, he's been really very busy in his job for awhile now. He said he couldn't make it Thursday or Friday, but was gonna see what he could do for Saturday.

GAC
06-09-2005, 08:00 AM

As for recognition:

If I remember to bring it, I might be the one in a Tulane Green Wave baseball cap and/or a New Orleans Zephyrs T-shirt. If not, Alfred will most likely wear his White Sox cap. :D

Is the cap the only thing he is gonna have on? :lol:

creek14
06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
GAC -
I have a couple Fri tix left and 3 or 4 Sat tix left. $18 for Fri and $30 for Sat.

GAC
06-09-2005, 08:04 AM
GAC -
I have a couple Fri tix left and 3 or 4 Sat tix left. $18 for Fri and $30 for Sat.

$30!!!!

I better be sitting next to Davey Miley then! :lol:

I'll probably take one creek; but I have to clear it with my better half when she gets home later. ;)

I'm gonna call CQ and let him know you have tix for Sat. then.

GAC
06-09-2005, 08:06 AM
OK. I just talked with CQ and let him know creek.

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 08:15 AM
The 30 dollar tickets got us close to the field, our plan being to storm the field if we don't like the line up :devil:

GAC
06-09-2005, 08:39 AM
The 30 dollar tickets got us close to the field, our plan being to storm the field if we don't like the line up :devil:

Like I am gonna feel really confident stormin' the field with you by my side! :lol:

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Like I am gonna feel really confident stormin' the field with you by my side! :lol:
We have Jim Coombs :cool:

Boss-Hog
06-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but everyone is meeting at Game Day before Friday's game, right? I'll be there.

creek14
06-09-2005, 11:03 AM
So it's going to be mr creek, krono, the yellow wavy guy, and me at GameDay Sat post game?

Chip R
06-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but everyone is meeting at Game Day before Friday's game, right? I'll be there.Yep. See you then.

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2005, 11:13 AM
So it's going to be mr creek, krono, the yellow wavy guy, and me at GameDay Sat post game?

I'll mosey on over for a beer or two.

I'll drag Rosie along as well. :D

Redsland
06-09-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm somethinng of a lemming when it comes to these things.

:drink:

Chip R
06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm somethinng of a lemming.

:drink:I fixed that for you. ;)

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 12:29 PM

I'll help Z drag others by force :evil:

Redsland
06-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Okay, so currently the situation is:

Thursday: Pre-game at 5th & Vine
Post-game at ???

Friday: Pre-game at Game Works
Post-game at ???

Saturday: Pre-game at ???
Post-game at Game Works

Correct?

And shall I assume that the softball game is cancelled?

Chip R
06-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Okay, so currently the situation is:

Thursday: Pre-game at 5th & Vine
Post-game at ???

Friday: Pre-game at Game Works
Post-game at ???

Saturday: Pre-game at ???
Post-game at Game Works

Correct?

And shall I assume that the softball game is cancelled?Correct.

OldRightHander
06-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I think that's Gameday on Friday and not Game Works.

Chip R
06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I think that's Gameday on Friday and not Game Works.That is correct.

Redsland
06-09-2005, 01:42 PM
So, wait. Is my inaccurate post correct, making ORH's correction erroneous, or is ORH's correction right, making my correct OP incorrect?

:confused:

OldRightHander
06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
So, wait. Is my inaccurate post correct, making ORH's correction erroneous, or is ORH's correction right, making my correct OP incorrect?

Well, I seem to remember everyone talking about Gameday on Pete Rose Way earlier in the thread. I hope I'm not guilty of an erroneous correction. I really hate it when I do that.

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 01:44 PM

Your OP is correct, except that Game Works is actually called GameDay. ;)

OldRightHander
06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Your OP is correct, except that Game Works is actually called GameDay. ;)

I think there is a Game Works as well, the video game arcade over at Newport on the Levee. I hope nobody is wandering around over there wondering where everyone else is.

Redsland
06-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I think there is a Game Works as well, the video game arcade over at Newport on the Levee. I hope nobody is wandering around over there wondering where everyone else is.
But isn't that were Dunn and Kearns will be?

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Good Gawd, you people are making my head hurt. :evil:

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Good Gawd, you people are making my head hurt. :evil:

Wait 'til the "real names" thing starts... :laugh:

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I might wander over to Gameworks anyway.

Video bowling.... yum... ;) :evil:

zombie-a-go-go
06-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Wait 'til the "real names" thing starts... :laugh:

Here's a hint... liberal use of the appelation "Miss Teamster" will keep you from looking silly when all the quartet is around.

RosieRed
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll mosey on over for a beer or two.

I'll drag Rosie along as well. :D

You will? Oh, okay, fine.

For what it's worth, I will be able to go out before and after the Fri and Sat games. Just let me know where! (I think I know where, but let me know if it changes.)

creek14
06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Gesh and we think the FO isn't organized. :mooner:

pedro
06-09-2005, 04:14 PM
So, when you all get together do you call each other by your RZ monikers or does everyone fess up their real names?

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 04:15 PM
So, when you all get together do you call each other by your RZ monikers or does everyone fess up their real names?

I'm going to tell everyone I'm pedro. :evil: :laugh:

Chip R
06-09-2005, 04:16 PM
So, when you all get together do you call each other by your RZ monikers or does everyone fess up their real names?Yes. ;)

pedro
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm going to tell everyone I'm pedro. :evil: :laugh:

um, you might not want to do that. really. ;)

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Maybe we should just have people everywhere....then we'll be in total control ;)

Super_Barry11
06-09-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm Kristin, and if you can't remember that, then Super Barry works fine too. :) In fact, some of my softballas call me Barry or Little Barry anyway. ;)

I'll be able to go out before and after both the Friday and Saturday games!!! :beerme:

creek14
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm Kristin
It's like a 12 step program.

Hi, I'm Cindy and I'm a Reds addict.

Red Leader
06-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi, I'm Tony and I wish I was smoking something when watching Terry Reynolds and Dan O'Brien draft.

Super_Barry11
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
It's like a 12 step program.

I NEED a 12 step program for overcoming my baseball addiction... Just think of what I could get done instead of watching the games and obsessing over baseball. My grades would definitely improve!! :p:

Cyclone792
06-09-2005, 09:38 PM
I NEED a 12 step program for overcoming my baseball addiction... Just think of what I could get done instead of watching the games and obsessing over baseball. My grades would definitely improve!! :p:

I must be lucky. Incessant watching and obsessing over baseball was highly beneficial to several of my classes, and boosted the overall GPA!

TeamBoone
06-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Is there a softball game on Saturday? If no, is there anything else going on, beside the game of course.

KronoRed
06-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Don't think we're having a game

We should all find something to do that day :)

TeamCasey
06-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Is there a softball game on Saturday? If no, is there anything else going on, beside the game of course.

http://www.1869reds.com/

http://www.buckeyesbaseball.org/ballists/

(There's a really cool picture on that second page. You can roll over it for a close-up.)

OldRightHander
06-10-2005, 08:15 AM

Maybe I'll tell everyone my real name and let them try to guess which "screen name" I am. Then I'll hold my drink in my left hand just to throw you off.

Chip R
06-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Maybe I'll tell everyone my real name and let them try to guess which "screen name" I am. Then I'll hold my drink in my left hand just to throw you off.Well aren't you the devious one.

OldRightHander
06-10-2005, 08:40 AM
All kidding aside, I don't see that harm in people knowing my real name. It's not like I'm worried about getting too much fan mail or something. :)

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Ok, anyone familiar with the Cincy area. If I park in the lots behind the Underground Railroad Museum, where do I go from there to get to GameDay?

TeamDunn
06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
You will actually be kinda close!

Go past GAB, US Bank Arena, past the parking garage and it is just down from the garage.

TeamCasey
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
TC = Tracy

TeamGriffey calls me Aunt TC though.

TC just sort of stuck when my nephew couldn't pronounce Tracy as a toddler. It's a weird coincidence that my moniker is TeamCasey or TC.

TeamCasey
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
If I get rid of Amanda, I could be Tracy Casey. :)

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
You will actually be kinda close!

Go past GAB, US Bank Arena, past the parking garage and it is just down from the garage.

Ok, so its on the other side of US Bank Arena, and on the same side of the street? Would it be better to park in those parking garages by US Bank Arena? I think the lots behind the Railroad Museum charge $5. Anyone know how much it is for the parking garage next to US Bank?

creek14
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Ok, so its on the other side of US Bank Arena, and on the same side of the street? Would it be better to park in those parking garages by US Bank Arena? I think the lots behind the Railroad Museum charge $5. Anyone know how much it is for the parking garage next to US Bank?
The US Bank Arena lot is right in between the GAB and GameDay. It cost $10 to park there, I think.

Chip R
06-10-2005, 09:02 AM
It would probably be best to park there. That way it's a short walk to and from the bar and the stadium. I don't know how much it is to park there though.

TeamDunn
06-10-2005, 09:02 AM

It's a buck to park in the Fountain Square garage! But if you are looking for convenience then there is a lot across the street from GameDay (or close by there) and I think it is $5.00 They may have raised it. The arena one I can't remember, I think Mr. Creek said either $8 or $10 the last Sat game we went to.

And yes, other side of the arena, on the same side of the street. :)

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 09:04 AM
The US Bank Arena lot is right in between the GAB and GameDay. It cost $10 to park there, I think.

Sold. I'll pay the extra $5 to basically be right between the two places I'm going to be all night. What time is everyone getting to GameDay? I'm planning on being there by 5pm.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hate when I know I'm like 2 minutes from somewhere, yet I'm lost (if that makes any sense). Really, really frustrates me. Glad to know ahead of time I won't have that problem. :beerme:

KronoRed
06-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Sold. I'll pay the extra $5 to basically be right between the two places I'm going to be all night. What time is everyone getting to GameDay? I'm planning on being there by 5pm.

My plan is to arrive at around 5:24pm :D

Roy Tucker
06-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I hate when I know I'm like 2 minutes from somewhere, yet I'm lost (if that makes any sense). Really, really frustrates me. Glad to know ahead of time I won't have that problem. :beerme:
Here's a Yahoo map...

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=537+E.+Pete+Rose+Way&csz=45202&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

I've never been there either but I've driven past it plenty.

I'll be there somewhere between 5 and 5:30 depending on I-71 S traffic.

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Roy. Looking forward to seeing you.

Cyclone792
06-10-2005, 10:13 AM

The garage you've been referred to is East Garage, I believe. Sometimes it is passes only, so you may want to plan accordingly. It is a Friday night interleague game against a first place team that we haven't seen in countless years so there's a chance they might label East Garage passes only.

If you're getting there that early, check the public landing, which is across the street from the Mehring Way entrance of East Garage. The landing is literally between US Bank Arena and the river and the lot is right along the river (you know you're there if you're in a lot where you could just roll your car into the Ohio).

The best part about the public landing? It's free.

Other lots that are actually on East Pete Rose Way and very close to where you'll be...

North side of Pete Rose Way, essentially across the street from Gameday... that lot is $10.

Montgomery Inn Banquent Center... south side of Pete Rose Way and about a two minute walk from Gameday... that lot is $10.

There is another $7 lot further east on Pete Rose Way on the northside. By further east I mean merely another five minutes walking max.

If you're on East Pete Rose Way, you won't be able to miss any of those three lots.

Unassisted
06-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Heard on the radio that UC's graduations are today. That might make parking hard to get at US Bank Arena.

Cyclone792
06-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Heard on the radio that UC's graduations are today. That might make parking hard to get at US Bank Arena.

I am graduating from UC today, but I can assure you that UC graduations won't have a bearing on downtown parking, or at least shouldn't :)

Campus is in Clifton, which is several miles north of downtown and they've opened up every garage/lot on campus for free parking throughout the day. Not only that, but the neighborhood between Clifton and downtown is Over-the-Rhine... and nobody cuts through that area of Cincy to get to UC.

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I am graduating from UC today, but I can assure you that UC graduations won't have a bearing on downtown parking, or at least shouldn't :)

Campus is in Clifton, which is several miles north of downtown and they've opened up every garage/lot on campus for free parking throughout the day. Not only that, but the neighborhood between Clifton and downtown is Over-the-Rhine... and nobody cuts through that area of Cincy to get to UC.

Congratulations, Cyclone. Seriously. Something to be very proud of. Are you going to the gathering tonight? If so, find me. I'll buy you a beer. :beerme:

Cyclone792
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Congratulations, Cyclone. Seriously. Something to be very proud of. Are you going to the gathering tonight? If so, find me. I'll buy you a beer. :beerme:

Thanks, RL! I will be at the game tonight behind the plate (luck landed me those seats, plain and simple). Gameday after the game tonight isn't likely since I'll be with a 20-year-old, and Gameday is 21 and up after ballgames... unless they allow 18 and up for ladies, but I'm not expecting that.

The Saturday night games are a much better possibility that I can wander on down to the bars with you guys. :beerme:

KronoRed
06-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Cyclone792 ! :)

OldRightHander
06-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah, congrats. And UC graduation shouldn't have any effect on downtown parking. I've been downtown most of the day (just left the book sale on Fountain Square) and it didn't look any more crowded than usual. I have to meet with a client downtown this afternoon and then I'll be walking on over to Gameday around 4:30. See y'all then.

creek14
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
The ankle isn't going to allow me to walk out to the moon deck tonight, but I have GAC and lgj's cell numbers, so we'll give you all a call.

Hopefully I can consume enough adult beverages tomorrow to make the post game walk to GameDay a possibility.

Stupid ankle.

Red Leader
06-10-2005, 11:21 AM
The ankle isn't going to allow me to walk out to the moon deck tonight, but I have GAC and lgj's cell numbers, so we'll give you all a call.

Hopefully I can consume enough adult beverages tomorrow to make the post game walk to GameDay a possibility.

Stupid ankle.

Sorry to hear that, creek. :(

Are you going to GameDay before the game tonight? Where are you sitting during the game?

creek14
06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear that, creek. :(

Are you going to GameDay before the game tonight? Where are you sitting during the game?
Nope, not going to GameDay tonight. The more I walk, the closer I get to needing an ankle joint replacement and I want to put that off as long as possible. Plus it's just been hurting a lot lately, so I'm not going to push it. And we can't leave here till almost 5, so it just won't work.

Don't have tix yet, but we usually get HC seats in the 420's, and that's the plan for tonight.

KronoRed
06-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Hope your ankle feels better creek :(

creek14
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Don't forget - Sat post game at GameDay is Extra Innings with Seg and dear Tracy Jones. Have those questions ready.

KronoRed
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Tracy Jones??

Someone keep me away from throwable items ;)

Newport Red
06-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Nope, not going to GameDay tonight. The more I walk, the closer I get to needing an ankle joint replacement and I want to put that off as long as possible. Plus it's just been hurting a lot lately, so I'm not going to push it. And we can't leave here till almost 5, so it just won't work.

Don't have tix yet, but we usually get HC seats in the 420's, and that's the plan for tonight.

If that's the case, I can give you the money for the Redszone game.
Let me know.

creek14
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey Newport, check your PM's.

Newport Red
06-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Tracy Jones??

Someone keep me away from throwable items ;)

It would be fun to see the program live.
I wonder how much is tongue in cheek.

TeamMorris
06-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Sold. I'll pay the extra $5 to basically be right between the two places I'm going to be all night. What time is everyone getting to GameDay? I'm planning on being there by 5pm

I think we plan to park there also. Having a 4 year old in tow, the shorter the walk the better!

Redsland
06-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Way to bail on me, creek. :(

;)

creek14
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Way to bail on me, creek. :(

;)
What about tomorrow? You'll be there tomorrow, right. I'll buy you a beer or six to make it up to you.

TeamDunn
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Good luck on the game tonight! Pretty nasty out right now. My cookout has been cancelled until tomorrow! :eek:

OldRightHander
06-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty close to Gameday right now but I'm going to wait for the rain to let up some before I head over there. I might be there in the next 30 minutes if it stops long enough.

Boss-Hog
06-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah, what would be plan B if, by chance, a huge thunderstorm just happened to hit the area? :lol:

KronoRed
06-10-2005, 04:50 PM
..go swimming? :D

RFS62
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, what would be plan B if, by chance, a huge thunderstorm just happened to hit the area? :lol:

Backstroke.

Redsland
06-11-2005, 12:26 PM
What about tomorrow? You'll be there tomorrow, right. I'll buy you a beer or six to make it up to you.
Yeah, I'll be there. But I'm feeling kinda, eights-beers-sad, if you know what I mean. :beerme:

KronoRed
06-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I'll be there. But I'm feeling kinda, eights-beers-sad, if you know what I mean. :beerme:

Shoulda taken a chaser :laugh:

Redsland
06-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Shoulda taken a chaser :laugh:
It will be interesting to see how they treated Puffy. :help:

KittyDuran
06-11-2005, 02:26 PM
It will be interesting to see how they treated Puffy. :help:They were downing another round of Red Headed ______s - when I left them around 12:30am last night - so who knows???? :D

RosieRed
06-11-2005, 02:51 PM
It will be interesting to see how they treated Puffy. :help:

He said they didn't work, that he was hungover this morning. :laugh:

I wonder if there's some kind of warning label that says something like "Puffy, if you drink 15 beers and 4 shots, you're going to be hungover no matter how many of these you take."

OldRightHander
06-11-2005, 02:56 PM
It sounds like I was the tame one of the group, drinking cold water and leaving at 11:15.

KittyDuran
06-11-2005, 03:08 PM
It sounds like I was the tame one of the group, drinking cold water and leaving at 11:15.I had you beat - I ate and drank NOTHING... [not even a Sprite]... :)