PDA

View Full Version : Game thread 6-4-2005

Pages : [1] 2

TRF
06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Lineups. RA starts instead of Freel. just kill me.

Starting Lineups
No.Cincinnati Colorado
1 Felipe Lopez, SS Clint Barmes, SS
2 Joe Randa, 3B Desi Relaford, 2B
3 Sean Casey, 1B Todd Helton, 1B
4 Ken Griffey Jr., CF Preston Wilson, CF
5 Adam Dunn, LF Brad Hawpe, RF
6 Austin Kearns, RF Matt Holliday, LF
7 Rich Aurilia, 2B Garrett Atkins, 3B
8 Jason LaRue, C J.D. Closser, C
9 Aaron Harang, P Jamey Wright, P

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Aurilia :thumbdown

Randa batting 2nd :thumbdown

Dunn 5th :thumbdown

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 06:40 PM
For an "official" lineup for sports talk right now...could I get a link to that lineup?

Thanks

Ravenlord
06-04-2005, 06:42 PM
i'm going to draw names from a hat and see what my lineup looks like...

P Harang
1B Cruz
3B Freel
C LaRue
2B Aurilia
CF Griffey
LF Dunn
RF Romano
SS L. Lopez

seriously, that is what i came up with at random.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Joe Randa is OPSing below .750 since May 1. Only 3 walks during that time. So much for him learning how to take a walk eh?

TRF
06-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I think this is an official lineup.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050604_CIN@COL

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I think this is an official lineup.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050604_CIN@COL

Thanks....I appreciate it

wheels
06-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Dave Miley's lineups are worse than Dusty Baker's.

Newport Red
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Why is Clint Hurtle filling out our lineup?

Ravenlord
06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
let's try one more random lineup

LF Dunn
CF Romano
2B Aurilia
3B L. Lopez
C Valentin
RF Freel
SS F. Lopez
P Harang
1B Cruz

flyer85
06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
rich got a BB and a HR, got to be good for another week and I hope Miley enjoys his mushrooms.

wheels
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Joe Randa batting second.

We knew it was coming, just didn't think it would take as long as it did.

I guess he's a "good bat handler" and "makes good contact".

He "knows how to win" and knows "How to play the game".

Ugh.

paintmered
06-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Freel
Lopez
Dunn
Griffey
Kearns
Casey
Randa
LaRue
Harang

In my mind, I'm going to pretend that this is Miley's lineup. And I will keep my sanity and all will be well.

TRF
06-04-2005, 06:53 PM
you forgot one very important thing:

As the scourge of Gotham City, The Joker... er.. Joe Randa has a number of mind altering gases at his disposal. Joker gas can be lethal, and apparently has murdered Miley's common sense.

A murder that needs avenging.

wheels
06-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Freel
Lopez
Dunn
Griffey
Kearns
Casey
Randa
LaRue
Harang

In my mind, I'm going to pretend that this is Miley's lineup. And I will keep my sanity and all will be well.

That lineup isn't scrappy enough.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 06:58 PM
RA starts instead of Freel. just kill me.

Utterly ridiculous. God! This is getting old! :angry:

RollyInRaleigh
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
What the heck is wrong with Miley. He deserves to be whipped and tied. Freel sitting and Aurilia playing. Unbelievable. What's this clown trying to prove? I've tried and tried to somehow understand this guy's thinking but I've come to the conclusion that he just plain doesn't. I don't think I can watch the rest of the season with this guy at the helm.

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Utterly ridiculous. God! This is getting old! :angry:

My posts or Miley's man love of Aurillia?

RollyInRaleigh
06-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Freel
Lopez
Dunn
Griffey
Kearns
Casey
Randa
LaRue
Harang

That lineup makes too much sense, paintmered.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Is it wrong to say I want Aurilia to go 0-5 with 5 k's and make an error? :D

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
What the heck is wrong with Miley. He deserves to be whipped and tied. Freel sitting and Aurilia playing. Unbelievable. What's this clown trying to prove? I've tried and tried to somehow understand this guy's thinking but I've come to the conclusion that he just plain doesn't. I don't think I can watch the rest of the season with this guy at the helm.

I really think DanO is the one who wants Aurilia in there moreso than Miley....regardless of what Dan says.

Miley knows Lopez from AAA and knows what the kid can do. Dan brought in Aurilia to be the starting shortstop, which he clearly has been beaten out of.

Lopez continues to play, but since Aurilia is Dan's guy (much like Romano over Kevin Kelly), he's in the lineup.

Now last night's lineup there is no excuse for whatsoever.

pedro
06-04-2005, 07:08 PM

no more wrong than my being sorry he hit a dinger last night.

Eric_Davis
06-04-2005, 07:11 PM
This is the first time I've said anything bad about O'Brien, but he needs to go, only for the fact that he hasn't fired Miley by now. I hope Aurilia reinjures himself today, and has to go on the 60-day DL. It would be a good birthday present for me.

RollyInRaleigh
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I really think DanO is the one who wants Aurilia in there moreso than Miley....regardless of what Dan says.

Miley knows Lopez from AAA and knows what the kid can do. Dan brought in Aurilia to be the starting shortstop, which he clearly has been beaten out of.

Lopez continues to play, but since Aurilia is Dan's guy (much like Romano over Kevin Kelly), he's in the lineup.

Now last night's lineup there is no excuse for whatsoever.

If, in fact, that is the kind of crap that is going on, at the expense of winning, with this FO and manager, then Lindner or Allen needs to step in immediately and give them both their walking papers.

paintmered
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
This is the first time I've said anything bad about O'Brien, but he needs to go, only for the fact that he hasn't fired Miley by now. I hope Aurilia reinjures himself today, and has to go on the 60-day DL. It would be a good birthday present for me.

That would take a pretty catastrophic injury to land him on the 60-day DL. I want him out of the lineup, but I don't wish a severe injury upon him.

Eric_Davis
06-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Do REDS' fans get on Miley above the home dugout, such as calling him stupid, etc.?

Do they get on Aurilia to retire and save face?

Eric_Davis
06-04-2005, 07:26 PM
That would take a pretty catastrophic injury to land him on the 60-day DL. I want him out of the lineup, but I don't wish a severe injury upon him.

A pulled rib muscle, or hit-by-pitch on the wrist would make me very happy. He'll still get paid, but he won't be playing.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 07:28 PM
My posts or Miley's man love of Aurillia?

:D

I can only sit here and shake my head while my stomach is roiling and just want to HIT SOMETHING! :explode:

For the love of God, what is DM thinking that, in his mind, this is justified. Aurilia seems to have more clout than any of the other players... is he in the mafia? He tells the press he's unhappy about not playing every day and here we go.... he's in the lineup. Griffey and Dunn told Miley they were upset they weren't in the lineup last night and they still sit... the two biggest threats in Coors field... and he couldn't even see fit to pinch hit either one of them. I hope they both have a blockbuster game tonight. :pray:

What position is he playing tonight? I didn't even bother to look. :confused:

RosieRed
:rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

TRF
TRF sitting alone in the KACV control room, monitoring Tucker Carlson and awaiting the beginning of the Reds/Rockies game... "This lineup blows." He said with just a hint of disgust. "Randa in the two whole? I could out run him. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't have a clue as to how to got on ba...." His voice trailed off as he heard a loud crash outside the control room door. Slowly he arose to investigate, when suddenly Dan O'Brien pounced from the shadows and drugged TRF.

Hours later, TRF woke to 4 bright lights in his face. A voice from the shadows yelled in a booming voice... "RICH AURILLIA IS A VETERAN INFLUENCE THIS CLUB NEEDS." "Whatever." was TRF's one word reply, which was met with 5 masked men and stun guns. "RICH AURILLIA IS A VETERAN INFLUENCE THIS CLUB NEEDS." The voice repeated. Again TRF's sarcastic retort was met with pain. "JOE RANDA IS A PROVEN WINNER, AND KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE A BAT!"

Hours passed. Or was it days?

TRF woke, back in the control room at KACV filled with confidence that today's dgame will end in victory for his Cincinnati Reds. Equally confident that the reasons for that victory are Joe Randa and Rich Aurillia. Now why do I have an acidy taste in my mouth? And where did i get all these bruises?

Eric_Davis
06-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm going through the threads around here, and I'm just mad as hell. The fans are calling Miley an idiot, the players are calling Miley and idiot.

Why does this guy still have a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravenlord
06-04-2005, 07:34 PM
TRF sitting alone in the KACV control room, monitoring Tucker Carlson and awaiting the beginning of the Reds/Rockies game... "This lineup blows." He said with just a hint of disgust. "Randa in the two whole? I could out run him. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't have a clue as to how to got on ba...." His voice trailed off as he heard a loud crash outside the control room door. Slowly he arose to investigate, when suddenly Dan O'Brien pounced from the shadows and drugged TRF.

Hours later, TRF woke to 4 bright lights in his face. A voice from the shadows yelled in a booming voice... "RICH AURILLIA IS A VETERAN INFLUENCE THIS CLUB NEEDS." "Whatever." was TRF's one word reply, which was met with 5 masked men and stun guns. "RICH AURILLIA IS A VETERAN INFLUENCE THIS CLUB NEEDS." The voice repeated. Again TRF's sarcastic retort was met with pain. "JOE RANDA IS A PROVEN WINNER, AND KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE A BAT!"

Hours passed. Or was it days?

TRF woke, back in the control room at KACV filled with confidence that today's dgame will end in victory for his Cincinnati Reds. Equally confident that the reasons for that victory are Joe Randa and Rich Aurillia. Now why do I have an acidy taste in my mouth? And where did i get all these bruises? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eric_Davis
06-04-2005, 07:36 PM
RA has "special" photos.

paintmered
06-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Free Freel.

edit: this is very difficult to repeat five times fast. :p:

membengal
06-04-2005, 07:41 PM

No. For the first time in my life I am now openly rooting against a Reds player.

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:41 PM
"Rich Aurillia Is The Kind Of Proven Winner This Club Needs!"

Are they gone yet? Please, they'll kill me!

"Joe Randa brings intangibles!"

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 07:42 PM
No. For the first time in my life I am now openly rooting against a Reds player.

"My name's Falls City Beer, and I'm a Reds addict...."

letsgojunior
06-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Miley is just clueless. He must be on something when he's writing out these lineups.

I wonder what Timmy has on DOB/Miley.

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
"Hi FCB!"

"Jason Romano has the speed and abillity to play at the Major League level, ahead of Dunn and Junior!"

wheels
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Joe Randa Knows How To Handle A Bat.

Joe Randa Knows How To Play The Game.

paintmered
06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
"My name's Falls City Beer, and I'm a Reds addict...."

"Hello Falls City Beer"

You are an inspiration to all of us! :D

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:49 PM
"Rich Aurillia brings a power bat to the lineup!"

owowowowowow. My face is twitching. I wonder why?

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Alright, I'm watching this show originally shown on PBS called "The Natural History of the Chicken" and this woman with a huge shock of curly red hair is taking a bath in an outdoor fountain with a bantam rooster.

Now she's driving with him.

Awesome.

membengal
06-04-2005, 07:51 PM
"Rich Aurillia brings a power bat to the lineup!"

owowowowowow. My face is twitching. I wonder why?

Seriously, I am rooting for Aurilia to be 0 for 5 with 5 double plays grounded into. That is what Miley and OB have reduced me too.

Oh, and three errors to boot.

And, if case anyone was still wondering, if Felipe had not gone nuclear hot, they were clearly planning on yanking him for Aurilia when Aurilia got back from the DL.

Unsatisfactory by any measure.

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey! I am airing that show right now i think.

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey! I am airing that show right now i think.

My wife's originally from Tennessee and grew up next to a woman who kept chickens as pets. I'm ready to take the plunge--they rock!

RosieRed
06-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Luke Hudson has pitched two scoreless innings so far for the Lookouts, with 1 hit, 0 BB, and 2 Ks.

Box score here (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&did=milb&t=g_box&gid=2005_06_04_jaxaax_cngaax_1) if you get tired of the Reds. :)

TRF
06-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I had a pet chicken as a kid once.. "JOE RANDA'S FIELDING WILL SAVE MORE RUNS THAN HIS BAT COSTS!" It was kind of messy. BTW, Luke Hudson is in his third inning of work, has 2 K's and was jobbed on an infield hit call. He should be out of the third inning. The infield hit didn't hurt though.

Chickens are smelly.

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I had a pet chicken as a kid once.. "JOE RANDA'S FIELDING WILL SAVE MORE RUNS THAN HIS BAT COSTS!" It was kind of messy. BTW, Luke Hudson is in his third inning of work, has 2 K's and was jobbed on an infield hit call. He should be out of the third inning. The infield hit didn't hurt though.

Chickens are smelly.

What if you keep a diaper on 'em?

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh good God. I'm about to air Lawrence Welk.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
What if you keep a diaper on 'em?

Depends. cloth or disposable?

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Depends. cloth or disposable?

What about Depends?

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
don't use 'em. the chickens shred them.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Welsh just said he wasn't sure that it would have matter if Dunn and Griffey were in the game last night because of the 12 runs the Rockies scored.

What kind of BS is that? He of all people should know that it could have changed the entire complexion of the game... so much so, that perhaps the Rockies wouldn't have scored 12 runs.

I'm not saying it would have, but I think there's a darned good chance!

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Welsh just said he wasn't sure that it would have matter if Dunn and Griffey were in the game last night because of the 12 runs the Rockies scored.

What kind of BS is that? He of all people should know that it could have changed the entire complexion of the game... so much so, that perhaps the Rockies wouldn't have scored 12 runs.

Yeah, the Rockies may still have scored 12 runs, but why take the chance of the Reds scoring fewer runs than they might have?

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM

TB once you start to realize the beauty of the Dave Miley linup, and the sheer pleasure of worshipping at the altar of Dan O'Brien, then you will understand the complexities of the game. "ONCE ERIC MILTON RETURNS TO FORM WE'LL SEE THE 220 IP GAMER THAT KNOWS HOW TO WIN!"

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:07 PM
BTW, I like Joe Randa... not so sure he be should be 2nd in the order but with Freel sitting so that Aurilia can play, then I guess he's as good a choice as anyone.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Lopez singles to right to start the game.

flyer85
06-04-2005, 08:10 PM
trying to steal in Coors is stupid

Joseph
HR lil Joe!

Tony Cloninger
On another DO conspiracy note.... i think EM will continue pitching and not beacuse he is a "battler" like Miley said on Marty's show....but beacuse DO cannot be denied his glory for signing him. Even if Hudson pitches lights out in Triple A and Belisle continues to pitch like his last 2 starts.

letsgojunior
Yeah, the Rockies may still have scored 12 runs, but why take the chance of the Reds scoring fewer runs than they might have?

Exactly, especially in Coors Field. I saw Pokey Reese go yard there a few years back. Having Dunn and Griffey in there completely changes the complexion of the game, especially when they're replacing the likes of Romano and Timmy.

TeamBoone
It was close, but I think Felipe was safe by half a second!

Way to go Joe. Too bad Felipe wasn't still on base when the dinger was hit!

TRF
Lopez thrown out stealing. pheh.

BTW Hudson just k'd his third batter in the fourth inning.

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
On another DO conspiracy note.... i think EM will continue pitching and not beacuse he is a "battler" like Miley said on Marty's show....but beacuse DO cannot be denied his glory for signing him. Even if Hudson pitches lights out in Triple A and Belisle continues to pitch like his last 2 starts.

As Dave said to Marty..."he's one of our go-to guys"

TRF
Randa! Hr!

westofyou
trying to steal in Coors is stupid

Dave Mileys favorite Movie in 1980 - Kramer vs Kramer

"Kramer was a battler and Dave Collins had 79 steals."

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
As Dave said to Marty..."he's one of our go-to guys"

Who is?

Milton? blech

Or Hudson? I can't wait for him to come "home".

Joseph
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
BB Casey

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Casey walks.

TeamCasey
Hey Peeps! Is this one going to be worthy of my time this evening?

TeamBoone
I wouldn't be surprised to see a double switch tonight:

PH Ryan Freel, leave him in the game at second, and move Aurilia to third.

Tony Cloninger
06-04-2005, 08:14 PM
MIley and DO need to the feel the wrath of the Spanish Incquisition.

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Who is?

Milton? blech

Or Hudson? I can't wait for him to come "home".

Milton

flyer85
Chris ia stupid

TRF
Griff K's on a 7 pitch AB.

flyer85
06-04-2005, 08:16 PM
George and Chris making up excuses for the lineup last night

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
I would so like to smack Chris Welsh right in the mouth! for defending last night's lineup and pretty much bad mouth both Griffey and Dunn for their reactions at not being in the line up because Griffey "hasn't exactly been stellar against lefties this year", etc. "Swing the bats and you'll be in the lineup!. What a bunch of garbage!

Like either one of them isn't miles above Aurilia!

Anybody got their email address? I looked for it on the FSN website a few days ago, but I guess they're afraid to make it public.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
AD being bashed by Marty once again.

He just doesn't get it.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
AD singles, Casey to third.

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Dunn...a single :eek:

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:19 PM

He just doesn't get it.

What garbage did Marty have to offer so I can add it to Chris Welsh's trash talk?

SteelSD
Dunn singles. Sure would be nice to have that wasted Out back, Dave.

Gah.

flyer85
Maybe the radio and TV guys have been told to get in line or get off the ship

westofyou
06-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by TRF

He just doesn't get it.

The Rockies announcers are praising him.

TRF
Austin gets HBP. up comes the pitcher.... er... Rich Aurillia with the bases jammed.

TeamBoone
Maybe the radio and TV guys have been told to get in line or get off the ship

Ya never know, but Chris sounded quite sincere :bang:

Joseph
Aurilia is up, he'll homer and we'll have to grudgingly cheer for him.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM
oh man, now he's making excuses for Aurilia... "he's done so well in Coors that perhaps he's too psyched up".

MWM
Hey woy, you watching USA vs. Costa Rica?

TRF
What garbage did Marty have to offer so I can add it to Chris Welsh's trash talk?

He can't make contact. will he ever. blah blah blah.

TeamBoone
The stuff's gettin' deep folks. Don't get sucked under!

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh no!

paintmered
oh man, now he's making excuses for Aurilia... "he's done so well in Coors that perhaps he's too psyched up".

Or maybe he's a shell of his former self and doesn't have it anymore. But hey, you are the crafty left-hander and I'm just an ordinary fan, so you must know.

flyer85
Chris just said the 2B job is widr open

TRF
RA singles, two runs score. Freel may never play again. Kearns to third.

GAC
06-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Aurilia with a hit and two RBI's. He just secured his place in this lineup. :lol:

3-0 Reds

flyer85
Somebody get that refrigerator off his back

westofyou
Hey woy, you watching USA vs. Costa Rica?

No.... have to go to dinner at a friends... forgot about it.... elbows....mmmmm Coors Field.......Rich Aurilia...Trackstarsuperman

BigRedSmokey
LaRue gets double and Richie boy can't make it home from third. :thumbdown

GAC
Another hit makes it 4-0. RA thrown out at home to end the inning. :lol:

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:24 PM
LaRue doubles Kearns scores, Aurillia out at home 4-0 after half an inning.

Heh. Marty said he could outrun RA. hehe.

BigRedSmokey
06-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Uh, I should have said he can't make it home all the way from first. Sorry.

BigRedSmokey
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
4 Runs in the first inning, wonder if that is all they will get tonight?

GAC
Anyone want to chat?

TeamBoone
Now he plays tomorrow too!

BTW, would one of you smart folks write to Marty and put him in his place. Be very precise, because he doesn't get it unless it's very very basic (just ask Steel). I'm serious about this.

We should stop taking this lying down (well, not literally); instead, we should bombard Marty with intelligent, baseball-minded emails every time he says something stupid so he can't claim his usual "My friend, you have no idea what you're talking about!".

Do it, please. martyandsteve@redsonradio.com Just do it!!

flyer85
How can you not score from 1st on a double that goes to the wall 390 feet away?

BTW, when I saw RA in the spring I was amazed at how slow he was on the bases. He is Sean Casey slow.

paintmered
Anyone want to chat?

Yeah, I'm up for it for a little bit.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Chris just said the 2B job is widr open

You have got to be kidd... "2B IS PERFECT FOR RA... HIS RANGE MAY BE LIMITED BUT HIS KEEN BASEBALL MIND WILL ALLOW FOR BETTER POSITIONING!"

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Barnes GO to second. 1 out.

letsgojunior
You have got to be kidd... "2B IS PERFECT FOR RA... HIS RANGE MAY BE LIMITED BUT HIS KEEN BASEBALL MIND WILL ALLOW FOR BETTER POSITIONING!"

Plus, he has POSTSEASON EXPERIENCE.

KronoRed
:explode:

flyer85
Maybe there is something in the water out there ... they have all lost their freakin minds

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Relaford dribbles to Harang. out at first. 2 outs.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Helton flies out to Junior. end of 1, Reds 4, Rockies 0

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Now he plays tomorrow too!

BTW, would one of you smart folks write to Marty and put him in his place. Be very precise, because he doesn't get it unless it's very very basic (just ask Steel). I'm serious about this.

We should stop taking this lying down (well, not literally); instead, we should bombard Marty with intelligent, baseball-minded emails every time he says something stupid so he can't claim his usual "My friend, you have no idea what you're talking about!".

Do it, please. martyandsteve@redsonradio.com Just do it!!

Do what you want, but he won't get it until Tuesday....just an FYI

westofyou
Maybe there is something in the water out there ... they have all lost their freakin minds
Rich Aurlia must be a Jedi, the whole mind trick thing is the only reason I can see why he is the sitting on the sunshine throne.

TRF
Preston Wilson robs Haran of a double, possibly an inside the park HR. :)

flyer85
06-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Rich Aurlia must be a Jedi, the whole mind trick thing is the only reason I can see ... it does work on the weak-minded

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Felipe singles. He's 2-2 tonight.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Good to see Felipe hitting again. He had been in a mild slump over the last week or so.

Chip R
06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Preston Wilson robs Haran of a double, possibly an inside the park HR. :)
Heh! I'd pay to see Harang truck around the bases.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Randa K's 2 outs.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:39 PM
SC singles, Lopez to second.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Miami(OH) beat Quinnipiac today, 35-8. :eek:

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Griff GO to first. 3 outs.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Hate that Grand Victoria commercial where they say "oh, you're not here are you? you're home watching the game. look at all the fun you could be having!". If I was the Reds, I get that thing yanked.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Miami(OH) beat Quinnipiac today, 35-8. :eek:

Run it up thugs

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Hate that Grand Victoria commercial where they say "oh, you're not here are you? you're home watching the game. look at all the fun you could be having!". If I was the Reds, I get that thing yanked.

...have you seen the Reds? ;)

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Do what you want, but he won't get it until Tuesday....just an FYI

I know, even better... he could have a whole lot of 'em piled up in his mail box when he gets home.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Run it up thugs

They scored 12 in the 9th inning.

Texas beat Quinnipiac 20-2 yesterday.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Wilson singles, Hawpe K's on three pitches.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM
...have you seen the Reds? ;)

Yeah, Krono, you know I have. :D

I still think it's a very poor commercial to run in Reds country.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:45 PM

I think Quinnipiac has pitching problems ;)

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Aurilia getting hot..he'll be in the 2 spot and SS in no time.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Holliday K's. 2 outs

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I think Quinnipiac has pitching problems ;)

I think Don Gullett coaches them during his spare time. ;)

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I think Don Gullett coaches them during his spare time. ;)

They got the contact going on :laugh:

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Closser K's. three K's in the inning for Harang. he's got Three K's in 2 IP. 4-0 Reds after 2.

Caveat Emperor
06-04-2005, 08:49 PM

Just trying to upstage Tulane's 17-7 victory yesterday. :laugh:

MWM
06-04-2005, 08:50 PM
M2 deserves mad props for his call on Harang. In the offseason he beleived that Hrang was the one guy on the staff with potential to become a good major league pitcher. I only with the FO had similar instincts.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 08:51 PM
And Dunn leads off the third (that equals no one base). :D

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Dunn grounds to second. 1 out. sounds like a great play.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:53 PM
AK flies out to right. 2 outs.

MWM
06-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Stan Van Gundy looks like a retired porn actor.

Caveat Emperor
M2 deserves mad props for his call on Harang. In the offseason he beleived that Hrang was the one guy on the staff with potential to become a good major league pitcher. I only with the FO had similar instincts.

The Emporer bows down before his greatness. :notworthy

Props also due to the Reds former FO for actually getting some decent value out of that deal.

TRF
RA aurillia's to SS.... 3 outs.

westofyou
06-04-2005, 08:55 PM
FYI the Rockies scouting director is doing the color on the Rockies game, maybe tomorrow too. He's a collector of old gloves and a stat guy....... listening to him is like the first time you noticed girls.

TRF
Is it weird to root for a quick top half of the inning just to hear the description of Harang pitching?

westofyou
Props also due to the Reds former FO for actually getting some decent value out of that deal.

IIRC that was a Kullman trade

MWM
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I didn't Harang would amount to anything.

TRF
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Closser GO to second. 1 out.

letsgojunior
06-04-2005, 08:58 PM

I believe that trade was done when Maddox/Kullman assumed GM duties after Jimbo was canned and we were waiting to name a new GM.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I believe that trade was done when Maddox/Kullman assumed GM duties after Jimbo was canned and we were waiting to name a new GM.

Can we bring them back? :D

TRF
Wright K's. 4 strikeouts for Harang. 2 outs.

Hubba
Would that not be former?

KronoRed

I thought he'd be Jimmy Haynes part 2..glad I was wrong.

westofyou

He had a good season in the PCL one year, he had 3rd 4th guy potential, plus Joe V for the angriest ballplayer in the world.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I thought Harang would develop into an innings eating 4.50 ERA type of guy. Never did I dream that he would have this type of success. I know it's only 70 innings, but his stuff looks a lot better this year. He added a few mph and is keeping the ball in the yard.

Aronchis
Can we bring them back? :D

Hey, Brad Kullman is ready to go ;)

TRF
Barmes K's. 5 K's for Harang. my oh my.

paintmered
06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Harang with 41 pitches through 3 - 27 of them for strikes :thumbup:

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Cna someone take over PBP for a bit? i have a problem here at work.

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Harang K's swinging- two down

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey, Brad Kullman is ready to go ;)

Promote from within :D

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Lopez with an infield single. He's now 3-for-3 on the night.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Lopez infield single. 3-3 tonight.

Chip R
FYI the Rockies scouting director is doing the color on the Rockies game, maybe tomorrow too. He's a collector of old gloves and a stat guy....... listening to him is like the first time you noticed girls.Brian Engblom was sitting in with Chris and George.

KronoRed
He's gonna have 2nd base nailed down with Aurilia back at SS :evil:

MWM
06-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Now if w can just get FLOP to stop throwing the ball away all the time, maybe he'll be a decent major leaue shortstop.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Randa singles, Lopez to second.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:09 PM
SC flies out to center. 4-0 rockies coming up to bat.

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:09 PM
God. Reds put two runners on (Lopez, Randa singles) and Casey swings at the first pitch.

Griffey did the same dang thing in the 2nd.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:11 PM
God. Reds put two runners on (Lopez, Randa singles) and Casey swings at the first pitch.

Griffey did the same dang thing in the 2nd.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

That's one of the most frustrating things to me. I hate to see guys go up there and hack at the first pitch, especially when a guy is struggling.

westofyou
06-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Brian Engblom was sitting in with Chris and George.
Hockey Mullet man?

flyer85
06-04-2005, 09:12 PM
God. Reds put two runners on (Lopez, Randa singles) and Casey swings at the first pitch.the pitch Casey hit wasn't even close to being a strike.

flyer85
06-04-2005, 09:13 PM
That's one of the most frustrating things to me. I hate to see guys go up there and hack at the first pitch, especially when a guy is struggling.I don't mind if the pitch is down the middle but the pitch Casey hit was off the plate inside and down.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Helton K's!

Harang is really turning some heads. Icredible performance this season.

Chip R
Hockey Mullet man?One and the same. Although isn't Hockey Mullet redundant? ;) He's the Blue Jackets color guy and his family is still in Denver.

OnBaseMachine
For those interested, Cal State Fullerton plays Arizona tonight at 11 on ESPNU. Ricky Romero is pitching for CSF.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Can Harang go 9?

westofyou
06-04-2005, 09:15 PM
One and the same. Although isn't Hockey Mullet redundant? ;) He's the Blue Jackets color guy and his family is still in Denver.
Strikes gonna be over and only I care.....wooo it's like being an Archers of Loaf fan.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Wilson walks. first walk for Harang.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Hawpe singles. Wilson to 2nd.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Harang has a decent shot at another double digit K game. Anyone know when the last time a Reds pitcher had back-to-back double digit K games?

On May 20 he had 9 k's vs Cleveland, 10 last Monday vs Houston, and 6 in 3.2 innings tonight.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Holliday skies to Aurillia. 3 outs.

Harang's ERA is now 2.80. unreal.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Can Harang go 9?

He's at 60 pitches through 4 ip. Maybe, but I'd take 8.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:20 PM
He's at 60 pitches through 4 ip. Maybe, but I'd take 8.

8 is good..less time spent in the pen the better

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:20 PM
KGJ doubles to the wall on the first pitch.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
AD K's swinging.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Looks like Dunn's streak of walking in 8 straight games will come to an end.

Got ahead 3-0 right there and ended up striking out. Man he's really scuffling lately.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Kearns flies out to right. 2 outs.

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Wright has absolutely nothing tonight, but Reds hitters continue to swing at absolutely awful pitches.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Swing to contact

TRF
Aurillia single up the middle, but Junior caught rounding third. 3 outs.

SteelSD
Looks like Dunn's streak of walking in 8 straight games will come to an end.

Got ahead 3-0 right there and ended up striking out. Man he's really scuffling lately.

Expanding one's zone tends to do that.

And now Junior gets hung up at 3B on a single by Aurilia that Barmes stopped.

On a ball hit behind the runner, that's the 3B Coach's responsibility. Blown.

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Wright has absolutely nothing tonight, but Reds hitters continue to swing at absolutely awful pitches.

Wright handcuffed the Cardinals lineup through 6 innings earlier this week. They eventually got to him, but he gave them fits for a good long while.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Did Griffey go on his own or was he told to?

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Atkins flies out to right. 1 out.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Expanding one's zone tends to do that.

And now Junior gets hung up at 3B on a single by Aurilia that Barmes stopped.

On a ball hit behind the runner, that's the 3B Coach's responsibility. Blown.

I'm following on Gameday. Did Dunn swing at bad pitches?

I got to watch a few games on TV last week and I noticed that Dunn was chasing bad pitches. I don't if he's doing that on his own or if someone is telling him to, but he needs to stop.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Indians fire hitting coach Eddie Murray per Marty and Matt.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Closser GO to 2nd. 2 outs.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Wright K's. 3 outs. 7 K's for Harang who is now at 70 pitches through 5 innings and has lowered his ERA to 2.76.

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm following on Gameday. Did Dunn swing at bad pitches?

I got to watch a few games on TV last week and I noticed that Dunn was chasing bad pitches. I don't if he's doing that on his own or if someone is telling him to, but he needs to stop.

The pitch Dunn K'd on was a horrible pitch. WAY inside slider that wouldn't have been a K if it had been a straight fastball. The first pitch he swung at was very borderline as well (sinking fastball down and outside). Wright was trying to walk him there but Dunn wouldn't let him.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Think someone is whispering in Dunns ear that he should swing more?

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
The pitch Dunn K'd on was a horrible pitch. WAY inside slider that wouldn't have been a K if it had been a straight fastball. The first pitch he swung at was very borderline as well (sinking fastball down and outside). Wright was trying to walk him there but Dunn wouldn't let him.

That's the pitch I noticed he's been chasing a lot lately--fastball down and away. He either swings and misses it or hits a weak grounder to the right side.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Jason LaRue grounds out to Helton. 1 out.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:36 PM

My theory is that's he just getting too anxious at the plate because of the lack of good pitches he's seeing. Move him up in the order Miley!

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Harang grounds up the middle fielded by the SS. 2 outs.

SteelSD

I have no doubt that Miley is harping on batting average with the whole crew right now. I mean, Dunn makes an "I suck" comment yesterday. Pretty obvious to me that no one's taken the time to explain to Dunn that he, in fact, does not suck. Frankly, with the kind of feedback I think Dunn's getting, I might be swinging at more pitches too if I didn't know any better. He's pressing.

And it's pretty clear that no one in the Reds organization really does know any better.

TRF
FeLo flies out to left-center. 3 outs.

Chip R
That called first strike to Dunn appeared to be at knee level.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Harang had a pretty easy 5th inning, 10 pitches. He needed that with the top of the order coming up.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Barmes single to left. only the third Rockie hit tonight.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Relaford doubles, Barmes scores 4-1 Reds.

RedsBaron
06-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Rich Aurlia must be a Jedi, the whole mind trick thing is the only reason I can see why he is the sitting on the sunshine throne.
No, he's a Sith.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Go to the pen Will Robinson

Matt700wlw
Come on, Aaron...you can get out of this -- whatever Gullett told you at the mound, IGNORE him, you're last three batters recieved "pitch to contact" pitches! :evil:

TRF
Helton singles, Relaford scores. 4-2 Reds. Still nobody out.

Altitude may be fatiguing Harang here. I think he just needs to compose himself.

SteelSD
06-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Don Gullett makes a trip to the mound after the third straight hit of the Inning. The conversation:

Gullett: "Aaron, do you know where the best place to eat is in town? Miley sent me to this crab shack last night and it was awful."

Harang: "Huh? Why would I know?? Now, what do you need to adjust here to help me out?"

Gullett: "Err...stop sucking."

<Gullett trots back to the dugout>

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Aaron still has those hiccup moments. He had a few in Houston but was lucky enough to be at sea level.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Wilson FC to Aurillia, Helton out at 2nd, Wilson safe at first. 1 out.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Aaron still has those hiccup moments. He had a few in Houston but was lucky enough to be at sea level.

Yeah. still he's been a joy for the reds this year. He's emerging as a front of the rotation pitcher.

rdiersin
06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I have no doubt that Miley is harping on batting average with the whole crew right now. I mean, Dunn makes an "I suck" comment yesterday. Pretty obvious to me that no one's taken the time to explain to Dunn that he, in fact, does not suck. Frankly, with the kind of feedback I think Dunn's getting, I might be swinging at more pitches too if I didn't know any better. He's pressing.

And it's pretty clear that no one in the Reds organization really does know any better.

Can Dunn do anything bad, and it actually be his fault? Just curious. When Dunn struggles he swings at bad pitches. When Casey struggles he hits into DP. Players slump, and teaching isn't always the problem. He probably knows he's doing it, people have probably told him what he's doing, but sometimes that doesn't stop it.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Hawpe walks. Wilson to 2nd.

OnBaseMachine
06-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Looks like Brad Hawpe hangs out at the tanning bed. Looks like he has a serious sunburn in that picture.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_425547.jpg

Kc61
06-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Can Dunn do anything bad, and it actually be his fault? Just curious. When Dunn struggles he swings at bad pitches. When Casey struggles he hits into DP. Players slump, and teaching isn't always the problem. He probably knows he's doing it, people have probably told him what he's doing, but sometimes that doesn't stop it.

When Dunn strikes out it's Aurilia's fault.

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Holliday flies to right, Wilson to third. 2 outs.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 09:51 PM
When Dunn strikes out it's Aurilia's fault.
Glad we're all accepting this now :D

TRF
06-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Atkins single Wilson scores. 4-3 reds, still 2 outs.

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Time to yanky Harangy. Gasville.

TeamBoone
06-04-2005, 09:53 PM

Yes, I definitely do. Seems to me that everyone is messing with him lately.

That being said, if he doesn't swing at some of those, they're calling them strikes anyway because they're "close". He gets called out on more low balls than anyone I've ever seen.

ochre
06-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Its micro versus macro. Dunn is struggling, but still making less outs than many of his esteemed colleagues. The evidence indicates the illustrious staff of the the Reds would like him to alter his approach so that he makes more outs. Seems fallacious to me.

Joseph
06-04-2005, 09:54 PM
So much for that sub 3 ERA

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Dumb. Dave "one hitter too many" Miley.

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Well...Aaron was due for a not so hot outing.

Reds4Life
And the implosion continues, 5-4 Rocks now. :explode:

KronoRed
I loath Colorado

M2
I get the Schleprock Award on this one. I tuned in at the start of this half inning.

BigRedSmokey
06-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know what could happen to make this any better, but this team just flat out sucks. I love the Reds and will always root for them, but it hasn't seemed this bad since 1982. Every game they find ways to lose. Just totally mind-boggling. <Rant Over>

TRF
Closser doubles, and 2 runs score.

OK, this is just my opinion, but i think Harang was gassed going into this inning, likely due to altitude. He breezed through the fifth facing the bottom of the order, and giving Miley the impression that Aaron was still able to dominate. Can't fault Miley for this, though I'd have yanked him after the third run scored. Hindsight is 20/20.

Aronchis
Coors ate Harang up and spit him out, I am going to hate to see what it does to Brandon :help:

Joseph
Coffey time

Falls City Beer
Closser doubles, and 2 runs score.

OK, this is just my opinion, but i think Harang was gassed going into this inning, likely due to altitude. He breezed through the fifth facing the bottom of the order, and giving Miley the impression that Aaron was still able to dominate. Can't fault Miley for this, though I'd have yanked him after the third run scored. Hindsight is 20/20.

Or in my case, foresight is 20/20.

Matt700wlw
06-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Harang's next start will be important for him to see how he bounces back.

I think he'll be fine

Aronchis
Coffey time

Coffey hasn't pitched in Coors yet.................. :help:

rdiersin
Its micro versus macro. Dunn is struggling, but still making less outs than many of his esteemed colleagues. The evidence indicates the illustrious staff of the the Reds would like him to alter his approach so that he makes more outs. Seems fallacious to me.

What evidence as of late? The only evidence I can recall was in ST, in which Dunn himself said he wanted to alter his approach with 2 strikes and Chambliss was helping him with that.

Falls City Beer
06-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Does ANY pitcher on this staff have an out pitch? Really.

KronoRed
06-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Make it stop :rant:

Reds4Life
06-04-2005, 10:02 PM
6-4 Rocks now.

I need a stiff drink, tall glass and no ice.