PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Permission Slip For Sex With Daughter Lands Her In Jail

TeamDunn
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Who else is feeling really sorry for the unborn child? :bang:

Mom's Permission Slip For Sex With Daughter Lands Her In Jail
Woman Pleads Guilty To Complicity After Daughter Becomes Pregnant

LEBANON, Ohio -- A woman who allegedly wrote a note giving a man permission to have sex with her 15-year-old daughter was sentenced to 30 days in jail Wednesday, the Warren County prosecutor said.

Donna Rose, 39, of Lebanon, pleaded guilty to complicity to unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Curtis Lee Barnes, 19, moved in with Rose and her daughter and shared a bedroom with the girl for approximately one year, prosecutors said. Barnes paid $20 rent to Rose every two weeks.

After the girl became pregnant, Barnes became concerned about the legality of their sexual relationship and asked Rose to provide a "permission slip" for the relationship, prosecutors said.

The note read:

"This letter proves that Curtis Lee Barnes had and has permission to have intercourse with Donna Rose's daughter (name omitted), that he always had and will have until she is eighteen or until they break up."

Barnes was convicted of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and will be required to complete an inpatient drug treatment program at a locked facility.

Barnes and Rose were designated sexually oriented offenders and will be required to register with local authorities for 10 years.

UKFlounder
06-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Is "unlawful sexual conduct with a minor" the same as statuatory rape? If not, which has the most severe penalty?

What a pathetic excuse of a mom - pimping her 15 year old daughter for $10/week.

TC81190
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I almost want to cry. I feel so sorry for the young girls of today. :cry:

Wow. I'm suprised how many mothers let their daughters get pregnant. What was she thinking letting him share a room with her? :angry:

Redsland
06-16-2005, 10:59 AM
What was she thinking letting him share a room with her? :angry:
Not just "share."

"Rent."

$40 a month could buy a lot of meth, which is a problem out there.

Just sayin.

Rojo
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
$40 a month could buy a lot of meth, which is a problem out there.

Well it couldn't back in the eighties, maybe the price has gone down.

REDREAD
06-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Not that there's an excuse, but I'm guessing the 15 yr old and 19 year old were boyfriend/girlfriend. Notice the permission slip has a "breakup" clause.

It's still bad, but I don't think it was a prostitution thing.

traderumor
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
It doesn't appear that Mr. Curtis Lee Barnes is in danger of becoming a member of the Bar anytime soon :)

TeamCasey
06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Not that there's an excuse, but I'm guessing the 15 yr old and 19 year old were boyfriend/girlfriend. Notice the permission slip has a "breakup" clause.

That's what I was thinking, but I thought everyone would jump on me if I said it.

UKFlounder
06-20-2005, 08:08 PM

You're probably right that it wasn't an intentional prostitution thing, but if the mom allowed him to stay there and share a bedroom with her daughter, what did she think they were going to do?

Maybe she didn't flat out say "Give me $20 bucks every other week and you can score with my daughter" but the results were the same, though the daughter was probably more willing to "do it" than in a straight out prostitution situation.

M2
06-21-2005, 07:06 PM
What REDREAD said. It's hardly unusual for 19-year-old boys to hook up with 15-year-old girls. I don't recommend it. As I said to my sisters a long time ago, never trust a guy who can't date in his own peer group.

Frankly, whenever I read something like this, I start to think we've got way too many cops and DAs. Newsflash, teenagers have sex. They always have and they always will. IIRC, many states used to allow a four year cushion (which would enable high schoolers to date high schoolers) before they got all statutory on people.

And what does a drug treatment program has to do with sex with a minor? I'm sure there's more to the story, but it's kind of like writing the government has ordered all people prone to sunburn to wear brown shoes.

reds44
06-22-2005, 01:30 AM
I dont know if I would feel sorry for the 15 year old, I bet she was hardly trying to stop him for doing it. If she didnt want it to happen then you could feel sorry for her.

Joseph
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm in the camp of it being a relationship. 4 years is a bigger deal at that age than in 'adult' life, but I don't know that these people deserve jail time based on a teenage relationship. My wife's two years younger than me, I'd hate to think I'd have gone to jail if we were in similar circumstances when we were teenagers.

REDREAD
06-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Maybe she didn't flat out say "Give me $20 bucks every other week and you can score with my daughter" but the results were the same, though the daughter was probably more willing to "do it" than in a straight out prostitution situation.

Again, I am not condoning Mom's behavior. My guess is that the kids were doing it, the guy asked to move in, and the mom didn't care they were having sex (or knew they were, and just resigned herself to it). Anyhow, the mom said "Sure, you can live here, just give me $20/week to cover your food". Think about it, $20/week is extremely cheap rent. My guess is that Mom approved of the relationship, and was willing to give the guy nominal rent.

cincinnati chili
06-22-2005, 11:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, a 16 year old can MARRY a 19 year old in Ohio with parental permission. In some states (Kansas, for example), the younger party can be 14.

I realize we have to cut things off somewhere, and I guess the parent deserves some sort of punishment, but I don't think this is akin to prostitution like some people are suggesting.