PDA

View Full Version : Woman Says She Found Fingertip In Applebee's Salad

savafan
06-29-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.theiowachannel.com/irresistible/4662983/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Louisiana woman is suing the Applebee's restaurant chain after she allegedly found a human fingertip in her salad.

May Johnson filed a lawsuit Friday, seeking unspecified damages. She claims she became violently ill after finding a fingertip in a take-out salad last year.

Johnson's attorney Michael Darnell said his client hasn't been able to eat at restaurants since, and is in counseling for "anxieties." He said he's keeping the fingertip in his office freezer. As for why it took a year to file suit, Darnell said they didn't know the extent of her medical and other damages.

An Applebee's spokeswoman said the company doesn't comment on pending litigation. But TheSmokingGun.com reported that an employee allegedly sliced off a chunk of his finger while cutting chicken and that the severed portion was unable to be recovered because it landed in a carry out order. The site reported that the worker was fired for failing to follow food safety procedures.

The case echoes a claim put forth against Wendy's in March.

A Las Vegas woman claimed she'd found a fingertip in a bowl of chili. But the woman was eventually charged with conspiracy to commit fraud and other crimes, after DNA tests linked the fingertip to a man who knew her husband.

registerthis
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
an employee allegedly sliced off a chunk of his finger while cutting chicken and that the severed portion was unable to be recovered because it landed in a carry out order.
...and the idea of pulling the carry-out order never occured to him?? :rolleyes:

Red Leader
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
It would be great if the former employee who lost the fingertip filed suit against this lady claiming that she took his fingertip, didn't return it in a reasonable amount of time, and cost him his job.

KronoRed
06-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I smell a scam.

Unassisted
06-29-2005, 12:23 PM
I smell a scam.Wouldn't that be too obvious, though? Considering the wringer that the woman in San Jose was put through (albeit justifiably), if I found something like this now, I'd probably keep quiet.

Red Leader
06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
You know, there are a lot more fingertips floating around this country than I would have thought.

Hmmm.

Puffy
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I've had a fingertip salad from Applebee's before. I gotta be honest, with some hot sauce it tastes just like chicken.

WVRed
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/46/Anna_Ayala.jpg/200px-Anna_Ayala.jpg

Wendys anyone?

KronoRed
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Note to self.

Never get a salad at applbees again.

Further note to self..the salad for lunch is out.

GoReds
06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Some potential headlines:

Applebees Attempts to Provide More Finger Food Backfires!

Finger-pointing in Applebees Salad Scam!

Salad Prep: A Pointless Job at Applebees.