PDA

View Full Version : Our bullpen

bthomasiscool
07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Just an observation, past month or so it seems our bullpen has turned it around somewhat. We possibly might have the making of a decent bullpen next year.

*weathers-didnt like the signing, but has proven to be a solid veteran in the pen

*mercker-solid, personally hope we dont trade him, if we do, maybe trade him for another belisle type prospect and then resign him after next season? ;)

*Jason Standridge- didnt really like the fact we called him up, but in the sample time we've seen him, not too bad, decent stuff, fastball around 92-94; era around 4.

*Todd Coffey- with the exception of 2 bad innings, this guy has been lights out. Plus you have to love his sprint to the mound.

*Schackelford- another sample size, but I've been impressed with what I have seen so far.

*Ryan Wagner- we all know what he is capable of. Two things he needs to learn. 1) Dont fall in love with the slider. 2) Please dont pitch injured again.

*Matt Belisle- Really coming into his own in the bullpen. Possible closer stuff. Still learning, got to love how he wants the ball. Hope we see him pitch in more closing situations the last part of the year.

N/A* Chris Booker, man I want to see him pitch up here.

cumberlandreds
07-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree with you. I am cautiously optimisic about the future of our pen. Now for the starting rotation............. :help:

Gallen5862
07-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I also believe that we have hope in the pen.

Joseph
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Standridge did pitch well today, but his BAA is high, though as stated the sample size is small. If he puts together the talent he appears to have, then I think he'll be a nice middle innings guy. The rest I would like to see back next season, I think the young guys could keep improving and make it a strength.

cincyinco
07-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I am very VERY cautiously optimistic. I mean, I thought we had done a halfway decent job of shoring it up after the debacle last year.. and that wasn't exactly the case. Graves has/had a lot to do with that as well, and the slow start/injuries to weathers/weber(not sold on him tho).. but still, I thought even with these mediocre signings it would be leaps and bounds better than it was last year, and that hasn't been the case..

bthomasiscool
06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
How wrong was I? Haha:)

fisch11
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Claussen in long relief could boost this bullpen. Weathers has been struggling since his tendinitis deal, and Mercker hasn't quite found his form yet. If Standridge can hang some zeros and Coffey keeps doing his thing I think we can float around 9 games over at the break. We need to be around that in order for Wayne to reel in another arm for us.

billy117
06-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Just an observation, past month or so it seems our bullpen has turned it around somewhat. We possibly might have the making of a decent bullpen next year.

*weathers-didnt like the signing, but has proven to be a solid veteran in the pen

*mercker-solid, personally hope we dont trade him, if we do, maybe trade him for another belisle type prospect and then resign him after next season? ;)

*Jason Standridge- didnt really like the fact we called him up, but in the sample time we've seen him, not too bad, decent stuff, fastball around 92-94; era around 4.

*Todd Coffey- with the exception of 2 bad innings, this guy has been lights out. Plus you have to love his sprint to the mound.

*Schackelford- another sample size, but I've been impressed with what I have seen so far.

*Ryan Wagner- we all know what he is capable of. Two things he needs to learn. 1) Dont fall in love with the slider. 2) Please dont pitch injured again.

*Matt Belisle- Really coming into his own in the bullpen. Possible closer stuff. Still learning, got to love how he wants the ball. Hope we see him pitch in more closing situations the last part of the year.

N/A* Chris Booker, man I want to see him pitch up here.

Wow I was reading this thread and thinking it was posted recently. I was very concerned as to what I was missing.

bthomasiscool
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Found a funny post about our bullpen from two years ago. It's funny how much things change and how positive one can be when talking about their team.:) :)

redsupport
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
chris booker now there was a great pitcher right along the likes of Brad Pennington and Andy larkin with a touch of Chris Bushing