PDA

View Full Version : Reds and Brewers 7-24-05....Junior and Javy Sit, Encarnacion Hits 7th

Pages : 1 [2]

KronoRed
07-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Creek :bang:

RedRoser
07-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Wow, what a showoff.

And selfish, too.

Can't let anyone else in on the fun, no.

It's all about him.

Exactly. Probably purely selfish. Wanted to enjoy the evening fishing or something. :evil:

creek14
07-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Exactly. Probably purely selfish. Wanted to enjoy the evening fishing or something. :evil:
Or on a plane to LA.

And so help me, if the Reds leave him there, they are going to have to answer to me.

And it won't be pretty.

flyer85
07-24-2005, 04:19 PM
I'd like to give that big old sweaty body a hug right now.

Oh wait, are we still talking about the game?I thought you were talkin' about me. The wife doesn't like sweaty.

RedRoser
07-24-2005, 04:21 PM
So if Redread is John Allen, does that make RedRoser DanO? :evil:

Rut-roh??? :eek:
I just meant that we're gonna take a bit more time and take a good look at Dunn's worth to this organization before pursuing the next step. . .blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. . .

:evil: :laugh:

I sincerely hope that Dan'O can see Dunn's worth to this team and is going to do everything in his power (deals, restructuring, standing out on the GAB concourse with a tin can and a monkey, etc.) to get 'r Dunn!

creek14
07-24-2005, 04:22 PM
The wife doesn't like sweaty.
I don't either. But it's a sacrifice I would make for lil Adam.

And you too, of course.

RedRoser
07-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Can we just have a group hug here??? :devil:

flyer85
07-24-2005, 04:25 PM
And you too, of course.Boy, a Dunn walk-off HR sure puts Creek in a good mood. :thumbup:

DoogMinAmo
07-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Can we just have a group hug here??? :devil:

Actually,I could really go for a celebretory beer right about now! :beerme:

flyer85
07-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Actually,I could really go for a celebretory beer right about now! :beerme:I'm finishing off a cherry limeade from Sonic. That's awfully good.

RedRoser
07-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Boy, a Dunn walk-off HR sure puts Creek in a good mood. :thumbup:

Just imagine what a long term contract would do for her! We'd all (including the big guy himself) have to RUN!!! :laugh:

creek14
07-24-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm finishing off a cherry limeade from Sonic. That's awfully good.
Where's a Sonic around here?

flyer85
07-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Where's a Sonic around here?One in Middletown. I was down there earlier.

creek14
07-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Just imagine what a long term contract would do for her! We'd all (including the big guy himself) have to RUN!!! :laugh:
Ahem... I am sure you mean run TO me.

You would never ever run away from me. Now would you Roser?

KronoRed
07-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I fear creek about now.... :eek:

flyer85
07-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I fear creek about now.... :eek:wimp :nono:

creek14
07-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Over and Dunn, thanks to Adam
Hudson tosses six innings of two-run ball, gets no-decision
By Kyle Jepson / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- Adam Dunn lifted a walk-off home run to lead the Reds to a 3-2 victory over the Brewers on Sunday afternoon in front of 18,856 at Great American Ball Park.

Dunn's homer was the second for the Reds on the day, the first coming from Austin Kearns in the fourth with a runner on.

Luke Hudson tossed his best outing of the season. The right-hander went six innings and allowed two runs, receiving a no-decision in the effort. Hudson gave up a run in the first when Carlos Lee doubled in Lyle Overbay, and another in the fifth when Brady Clark's single knocked in Chad Moeller.

After Hudson left, the bullpen did everything it could to keep the Reds in the ballgame. Matt Belisle, Kent Mercker and David Weathers combined to throw three scoreless frames, each striking out two.

Newport Red
07-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Over and Dunn, thanks to Adam
Hudson tosses six innings of two-run ball, gets no-decision
By Kyle Jepson / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- Adam Dunn lifted a walk-off home run to lead the Reds to a 3-2 victory over the Brewers on Sunday afternoon in front of 18,856 at Great American Ball Park.

Dunn's homer was the second for the Reds on the day, the first coming from Austin Kearns in the fourth with a runner on.

Luke Hudson tossed his best outing of the season. The right-hander went six innings and allowed two runs, receiving a no-decision in the effort. Hudson gave up a run in the first when Carlos Lee doubled in Lyle Overbay, and another in the fifth when Brady Clark's single knocked in Chad Moeller.

After Hudson left, the bullpen did everything it could to keep the Reds in the ballgame. Matt Belisle, Kent Mercker and David Weathers combined to throw three scoreless frames, each striking out two.

Those Casey's in the first two innings certainly helped. After that, I thought both pitchers pitched very well.

When I saw both Dunn and Pena in the outfield, I was prepared for an eventful afternoon at the ballpark. Thankfully, neither was presented with an opportunity to alter the game defensively.

Kearns' home run hit the top of the fence in the visitor bullpen and shot straight up.

I went over to the right field bleachers in the seventh expecting Dunn to win the game with a shot to me. He hit it two sections over. Jerk! :)

KronoRed
07-24-2005, 05:36 PM
wimp :nono:
Guilty as charged :p:

Tommyjohn25
07-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes.

For some reason that gave me chills to read! I'm so giving you rep for that. :D

MWM
07-24-2005, 09:35 PM
There must have been scouts at the game Adam was playing for.

KronoRed
07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
There must have been scouts at the game Adam was playing for.

I'm thinking positive :D