PDA

View Full Version : New board policy on game threads

Boss-Hog
07-26-2005, 02:27 PM
All,

In an attempt to further promote discussion and interaction, GIK and I have decided we will no longer have separate game threads on each forum (The Old Red Guard and Reds! Live). The reasoning for this is simple - the number of posts/views that the game threads in the Live! forum have been getting lately is minimal. I think giving anyone that has registered, and thus, has the ability to post on the Live! forum the ability participate in the game thread is a good thing. As a result, we will have one game thread that is stickied in the Reds Live! forum so that all can post, if he or she is so inclined. However, I do want to emphasize that I don't want to see a return of the same style game threads that necessitated the need for separate forums in the first place (i.e. "XXX sucks! Fire him! Release him!", et. all.) In short, no reactionary, baseless ranting along these lines, please. I haven't seen much of this on either forum's game thread lately, so I don't think it will be a problem. This policy only applies to game threads; the forums will remain separate, as I think it's been a much needed move that has worked out well for the site.

Feel free to discuss.

Boss

red-in-la
07-26-2005, 02:31 PM
...raises hand....

I don't get it.

Where will the game thread be and who can post to it?

pedro
07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I think that's a good idea. Kind of like a RZ mixer.

This means that the gamethreads will only be allowed in the Reds Live! Forum, correct?

OSURedLeg
07-26-2005, 02:33 PM
I really like the change Boss. I quit posting on the game threads for Live the last couple days because it was beginning to feel like I was talking to myself with everyone else over at the Guard. I look foward to seeing everyone on the same game board, it should bring some really spirited game threads.

Boss-Hog
07-26-2005, 02:33 PM
...raises hand....

I don't get it.

Where will the game thread be and who can post to it? Oops, I forgot to mention the most important part of the message; I've edited the original post. Thanks. :)

Boss-Hog
07-26-2005, 02:34 PM

This means that the gamethreads will only be allowed in the Reds Live! Forum, correct? Correct

Tommyjohn25
07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Good call, I too used to post on the game threads in Reds Live, but quit because it was so inactive in the last month or so. Good move as usual Mods! :thumbup:

Chip R
07-26-2005, 02:37 PM

All the ORG members will be on one side of the room and the Reds Live members will all be on the other side. ;)

Roy Tucker
07-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Works for me.

Just a suggestion, maybe have a new folder under Baseball for Game Threads at the same level as Reds Live and ORG (and the fantasy league one).

Tommyjohn25
07-26-2005, 02:39 PM
All the ORG members will be on one side of the room and the Reds Live members will all be on the other side. ;)

:laugh: I also think that this will give deserving posters on Live better opportunity to gain rep points as a lot of us will be around to see what they are posting more often.

LvJ
07-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Being demoted never felt better. ;)

REDREAD
07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
:thumbup: Great idea, Boss

Gallen5862
07-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Thats a great idea. I kept trying to keep up with 2 game threads. This way everyone can participate.

KearnsyEars
07-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Sounds good. I will contribute

KronoRed
07-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Good call Boss...we can all hang out in RL for one thread :D