PDA

View Full Version : Are we now a larger target for terrorism?

savafan
09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
This is my fear. Our military is spread thin throughout the middle east, and now the majority of the country's attention is on a natural disaster in Louisiana and Mississippi. Wouldn't you think that right now is when terrorists would find it ideal to strike, while we are most vulnerable?

As I am about to head to a major metropolitan US city, I am concerned that we may be crippled even worse by another outside attack.

BuckU
09-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Sava, that's something that has been on my mind the last couple of days. It seems with everybody's attention diverted, it seems like a realistic possibility.

What is even more troubling is that we have given (indirectly) terrorists an idea on how to turn the nation into despair: target all major levees & dams. Take out those structures and sit back and watch the cities get destroyed and everybody kill each other.

Rojo
09-02-2005, 04:53 PM
This is my fear. Our military is spread thin throughout the middle east, and now the majority of the country's attention is on a natural disaster in Louisiana and Mississippi. Wouldn't you think that right now is when terrorists would find it ideal to strike, while we are most vulnerable?

As I am about to head to a major metropolitan US city, I am concerned that we may be crippled even worse by another outside attack.

Its not an unreasonable concern, however, terrorists haven provent that they are able to ramp up on the word "go".

Now if they already had something in the works........

paintmered
09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Its not an unreasonable concern, however, terrorists haven provent that they are able to ramp up on the word "go".

Now if they already had something in the works........

Bingo. Unless something is in the pipeline, these attacks simply do not happen overnight. Most of them take months, even years of preparation.