PDA

View Full Version : Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon

Hap
10-09-2005, 10:53 AM
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article318236.ece

Boy George, the 1980s pop icon, was last night facing a possible 15-year jail term after he was charged with possessing cocaine in his New York apartment.

Friends said the former frontman of Culture Club, who was convicted of heroin possession in 1986, was protesting his innocence as he prepared to return to the UK last night. But he will have to return to New York in December to answer the charges.

Police arrested Boy George, whose real name is George O'Dowd, at his home in the Little Italy neighbourhood of the city, after they responded to a call reporting a burglary in the early hours of Friday morning. Police allegedly found more than five grams of cocaine next to a computer.

George was released without bail yesterday, despite being charged with possession of a controlled substance and falsely reporting a burglary. The drug charge carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison.

A spokesman for the New York Police Department said Boy George had earlier staggered around his apartment, apparently in "a drugged stupor". Last night, however, Boy George's former agent Tony Denton denied the drug belonged to the star.

HomeRunKid24
10-11-2005, 06:22 AM
http://www.astabgay.com/gayicons/boyg12.jpg

RedFanAlways1966
10-11-2005, 08:04 AM
I'll tumble for ya?

Does this include getting busted for drugs again? Oh wait... the coke was not his according to his lawyer. I can understand as I often find 5 or more grams of cocaine left laying in my house by "someone". As a matter of "fact" I have accumulated 724 grams of cocaine that has been left in my house by "someone" over the last few years. If you know "someone" who has left 724 grams of cocaine in my house (Oakwood, OH), please let them know that I have kept it for them.

smith288
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Cant say I didnt expect this guy to eventually screw up. As Hank Hill would say "That boy aint right"