PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

savafan
10-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Time for the nominations.

The Categories from last year (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.

Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care!

Most Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Who http://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif deserves http://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/beerme.gif and http://www.redszone.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.giffor coming up with all the best of these little guys http://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/dragon.gif http://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_dorks.gif http://www.chriscaffery.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/lightsaber.gif out of all us posters.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?

Best Chatter

Only those that have attended the chat room may vote in this highly contested award. (Haynes underwear will be given to the winner. But not Haynes' underwear.)

Most Off-Topic

I like potatoes!

And, I submit for new awards this year:

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds

New Categories

The Marty Brennamen Award

Who does the best job of play by play during the game threads?

The Old Red Guard Award

We all know the post. What was the most memorable post of the last year? The one that really made you think, reminisce or stand up and cheer.

Best Historian

Who does the best job of bringing back yesterday when baseball was a game and those who played it were gods?

Lifetime Achievement Award

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

Most Tired Topic of the Year

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.

M2
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Way too early for this. Wait until December.

savafan
10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Way too early for this. Wait until December.

There's been more than 12 months since the last one.

Redsland
10-12-2005, 02:52 PM
December seems about right to me too. Not to make any waves or anything. :)

Blimpie
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, but other than the NFL, what would we have to look forward to for the next two months?

M2
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
There's been more than 12 months since the last one.

Actually I think last year's got lost in the transem somewhere.

The 3rd annual one got started on 11/30/03. This would be the 5th annual one.

M2
10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, but other than the NFL, what would we have to look forward to for the next two months?

The year's not over. It's like voting for President before the primaries end.

Blimpie
10-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I guess you're right...I am just SO bored with the board, so to speak. If I had any scabs right now, I'd be tempted to pick them.

savafan
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I was just trying to line it up with the end of the baseball season.

Chip R
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
OK with you if I close the thread and subscribe to it and then re-open it and bump it back up around mid-December, sava?

savafan
10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
OK with you if I close the thread and subscribe to it and then re-open it and bump it back up around mid-December, sava?

That's cool. :thumbup:

Chip R
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Looks like it's about that time.

Gallen5862
12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
What are the nominating and voting rules for the awards? December 23rd is my first anniversary on the board? When are the nominees known?

Redsland
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
No rules.

Each person is free to nominate whomever he or she likes for any award listed, or you can make up new awards out of thin air and nominate people for those.

You can check the archives to see how it's been done in the past, then sharpen your pencil and hop into the voting booth.

:beerme:

Gallen5862
12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks Redsland.

TOBTTReds
12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?

I know he isn't a poster, but Dan O'Brien!!! He's great. He used to be with Houston and a few other teams. And he went to Ohio St. Who else would you want!!??

Falls City Beer
12-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Most Tired Topic of the Year:

Politics. I wish to garsh they'd just get rid of 'em. :devil:

jmcclain19
12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Most Valuable Posters

GIK/Boss - Did you log in today to Redszone and noticed that everything worked just fine? Then thank these two guys. Tirelessly and quietly behind the scenes these guys keep the trains running on time, so to speak. Most of all they do it without any of the public kudos - and they certainly don't ask for any attention for doing so. Think about Redszone not being here - we'd all be at *shudder* mlb.com's forums or something worse.

Most Clever

Creek - Always has that biting, witty point to make that is dead on. She's tall, knowledgeable about baseball and smart. Really, what more do you want from a woman?

Most missed poster

Stormy & TeamDunn - Both have been away far too long.

Most Missed Poster who has no business not being around

Raisor - His Redszone membership has been revoked by his new wife, apparently.

Most Positive

TeamCasey - Gotta be TC - she echoes the enthusiasm I hold for Reds baseball time and again. I can see that energy in her posts, like a shining beacon in a fog of mist....yeah....that's it...a shining beacon....

Best Moderator

Tie - all of them. These guys put up with so much grief trying to play the big brother sorting thru our pissing matches. Can't pick just one. Maybe if you Chip a macro sized piece of paint off a zombie, then Reds4life fan Joseph wouldn't be such an ochre. Or something like that.

Best Moniker

Scrap Irony makes me chuckle every time I see the name.

Best New Poster

WilyMoROCKS - Although there were a couple up there for this award

Best Historian

WestofYou - Can anyone else really even be considered for this award? I don't know if tests have yet confirmed if he is the bastard son of Branch Rickey or not. Get back to me on that one.

Best Discussion

Anytime we talking about catching. There have been a couple of times this season where us former knuckle draggers can reminisce and it always brings back good memories.

Worst Discussion

Sac Flies - Dear God - make it stop right now. RIGHT NOW.

The Old Red Guard Award

Crash Davis - Crash's post about ESPN and their loss of the average fan that I still refer to from time to time. Heck that could have been from last year for all I remember. I don't care - it was excellent stuff.

Best use of statistics

M2 & Steel - Not so much a statistic award but more of a "Best Outside the Box thinking" type of award. Both continue to educate me, the engineer, in different ways looking at the game of baseball. Not just from a statistical point of view but from a total "re-think" of how we as fans look at the game. I don't always agree with both or either of you, but you always keep my brain thinking about the game just when I think I have it all figured out. I eat that stuff up so keep it coming.

dman
12-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Worst Typist goes to WV PacMan, unchallenged. Where did he disappear to anyway??????

OldRightHander
12-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Worst Typist goes to WV PacMan, unchallenged. Where did he disappear to anyway??????

I was thinking captainmorgan07 for that one. A few capital letters and punctuation wouldn't go amiss. No offense captain. :)

Do we even need to vote on the historian award? Just give it to WOY.

Raisor
12-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Most Valuable Posters

Most Missed Poster who has no business not being around

Raisor - His Redszone membership has been revoked by his new wife, apparently.

Yo! I'm here, and posting and everything!

Now, if ya'll want to vote me in as "Best Looking", who am I to argue?

Red Leader
12-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Time for the nominations.

The Categories from last year (any ideas for new categories this year?):

Most missed poster

Who's missed most?

My nominee: guernsey. I really miss guernsey and the knowledge he brought to the board.

Best tag line

My nominee: Puffy's tag lines are always funny, no matter what he changes them to.

Best Moniker

My nominee. I'm going to give this one to Caveat Emporer, although CaptainHook comes in a close second.

Most Valuable Poster

My nominee: Too many to list. M2, woy, Steel, creek, ochre along with the previously mentioned Caveat Emporer and CaptainHook off the top of my head are my favorites to read. But there are plenty of others

Most Clever

My nominee: woy's one liners are always hiliarious, and they're always so darn clever. When I read his posts I feel like the joker in Batman saying "where does he get such wonderful toys."

Best Armchair GM

My nominee: I'm going to give this one to M2. He has a lot of vision about a "plan" that I wish existed in the Reds organization.

Worst Typist

My nominee: captainmorgan07, bar none.

Funniest

For the second straight year, I can't imagine not voting for Puffy.

Best Use of Statistics

My nominee. I'm going to give this one to Steel. He does an absolute fabulour job trying to prove to people why each and every transaction the Reds make are either good or bad. You might not always like to hear what he says, but he's right 99% of the time, if not more. He goes above and beyond to explain things to people.

Most Positive

My nominee: RFS62. Always there to pick you up after you feel like Dan O'Brien just slit your throat and left you to die. I appreciate it, buddy.

Best Use of an Emoticon

My nominee: Sir Krono, maybe only because he has the most opportunities to use them :dunno:

Nicest

My nomination: Sandy. She's been through hell this year, and still would do anything for anyone at anytime. I real class act.
Roy Tucker follows very closely behind. Just a great guy any way you slice it.

Best Moderator

They have all done a fabulous job this year. Congrats, and thanks to you all.

Most Off-Topic

My nominee: BadFundamentals. It's always about Dunn and K's, somehow. :rolleyes:

Best Newcomer

My nominee: CaptainHook, followed closely by the GARB. Not sure if they both qualify, but I can't remember voting for them last year. They are both great additions to the board, regardless.

Who has provided the most to Redszone for the duration of their time spent here? Someone who has been around since the early days and hasn't skipped a beat. The Frank Sinatra of Redszone.

My nominee: I'm going to give my vote to RFS62. Just a great, deserving man. He has done so much this year following the hurricanes that he deserves an actual national award of recognition, and his contributions to the board over the years are outstanding. You da man!

My nominee: Dunn and strikeouts. Get over it already. The guy strikes out, big deal. He also produces more runs than anyone else on the team, which is his job on offense.

Boss-Hog
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?

Fox is still around under a different moniker. :)

Joseph
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Do we even need to vote on the historian award? Just give it to WOY.

I think we just rename it for him.

TeamBoone
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Most Missed: Stormy

Stats: M2, Steele

Mods: All of them, of course

Historian: Linedriver

I haven't given the others any thought yet, but these came to my head immediately.

RedsMan3203
12-13-2005, 12:04 PM
I know there was about 5-10 of us that did game threads for awhile.

I am mainly here to read news... I don't post most (look at the post count ;))

Anyways, the game thread is where I got most of my Rep Points ;)

Heath
12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
The Categories from last year (With my nominations under the bold)

Most missed poster

Raisor - but he'll be Comeback Poster of the Year for 2006.

Best tag line

Redslands - "This post needs to do the little things" & SuperBarry11 - "Love is doing the things that don't show up in the box scores" - Hilarious

Best Moniker

krono - proving the quanity DOES way out over quality ;)

Most Valuable Poster

Krusty - the trade ideas are usually off the wall - but I like to read them.

Most Clever

Creek - especially when Dunner gets mentioned in a not-so-flattering light.

Best Armchair GM

Either Steel or M2

Best Trademeister

Same as above.

Best Discussion

Any DanO move.

Worst Typist

captainmorgan - he must have a lil capt'n in him (or her)

Funniest

Redsland's Red Report - or Real Reds of Genius.

Best Use of Statistics

woy.

Most Long-winded

Never insult your bunkmates if they can dock you rep points (;) )

Most Positive

Any of the Teams - Boone, Casey, Dunn

Most Negative

See "Most Long-winded"

Best Use of an Emoticon

Me getting dinged for :rolleyes: on a few points that I felt were deserved.

Nicest

KittyDuran. - especially after she sent me a team photo and her giddyness - fun to read that stuff.

Best Moderator

Everybody.

Most Off-Topic

jmmclain19's "How to identify RedZoners' in Public"

Best Newcomer

WillyMoRocks got some serious rep points in a hurry - astronomical move man.

Best Outsider

I don't pay attention to that I guess

New Categories

Matt700WLW - when he's working the board

The Old Red Guard Award

Anything with Rasior's Pyth. Theorem of Baseball - the Nationals thread was great.

Best Historian

anyone who has a website called www.deadballart.com might win.

I've only been around since May - I can't vote.

Anything on Brennaman. Dude's been here in Cincinnati as long as some of us have been alive. We know his shortcomings - but face it - He ain't going anywhere. Let him spew his spew and cheer when's right. Case Closed.

Two other categories -
Most Absurd, Yet Funniest Thread of the Year

It had to be the RedZone 10. I think that one, though not a very positive thread, ought to be archived for sheer laughter.

Best Use of an Avatar

Steel's Calvin's is pretty funny.

I shall now wander away into the good night..

M2
12-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Most missed poster

Stormy, it's been too long.

Best tag line

"In what was destined to be a short-lived spectacle, a chicken, suspended by a balloon, floated through the Samurai bar's doorway." - TRF

Best Moniker

Bad Fundamentals, perfect name for a fundamentally bad poster

Most Valuable Poster

This is a tough one. WOY and RFS62 managed to raise their already ridiculously high bars this year, but I'm starting to think flames jump from Steel's fingers when he's posting because that's how on fire he's been for the entire year.

Most Clever

BCubb, random genius

Honorable mention to Puffy and his trademarked loathing (not to mention his in-depth interview with CBus)

Best Armchair GM

princeton, who never met a box that could hold him

Best Trademeister

Tie - Red Leader and Island Red, they don't propose a ton of trade, but when they do it's almost always a good idea.

Best Discussion

What this board does on draft day is truly amazing. It's two days of great stuff every year.

Funniest

Redsland, we've got a lot of witty folks around here, but Redsland is gut bustling funny.

Best Use of Statistics

Part of Steel being on fire has been his precision use of statistics. He's put on a clinic in the right way to slice the numbers.

Most Long-winded

Normally I'd say it's bad form to vote for yourself, but with Stormy inactive this year I'm forced to say it's me.

Most Positive

Krusty always believes there's a slobberknocker around the corner, bless his heart.

Most Negative

FCB, nobody does it better.

Nicest

Rosie Red strikes me as probably being one of the nicer you'd ever want to meet.

Most Off-Topic

Jim Coombs

Most Absurd Thread

"How to identify Redzoners in Public" deserves an award and I figure this one is as good as any.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39603

Best Newcomer

Yet another crowded field with Blimpie, registerthis, CincyRedsFan30, Ricardo Cabesa, rdiersin, PickOff, WilyMoROCKS, WVPacman, Cyclone792, Heath and 11BarryLarkin11

But, following in Zombie's footsteps, Joseph's gone from newbie to moderator in a single calendar year.

Best Outsider

Stewie, who gives Phillies fans a good name (and that's not easy to do).

Doc Scott's a brilliant PBP guy. CTA513 is probably the most dilligent

The Old Red Guard Award

I don't even know if it was this year or late last winter, but RFS beautifully bridged the stats/seamhead divide, showing us all how someone with a great mind for the game never stops learning. Just a great post and a lesson for everyone know matter how long you've been following the game. I'll include a link to it if I can find it.

Best Historian

WOY has put together a series of historical essays this year that are as good as any baseball history you will read anywhere, ever.

Boss and GIK for starting this whole thing.

Chip R
12-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Most missed poster

Raisor - but he'll be Comeback Poster of the Year for 2006.

If his wife lets him. :p:

SteelSD
12-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Most missed poster

Stormy. He makes me smarter when he posts…err…used to post.

Most Whipped Poster

Raisor, the vows say “…forsaking all others…”. But I don’t think that posting more on Redszone equates marital infidelity. Dork. ;)

Most missed game chatter

TeamDunn. A Reds game, a six pack, and Redszone chat just ain’t as good without TD around.

Best tag line

Not a tag line, per se, but the “Posting to Contact” under Big Donkey’s username made me laugh pretty hard the first time I saw it.

Best Moniker

lollipopcurve. So many generic usernames out there, but you can be pretty sure that you’re on a baseball board when you see that moniker.

Most Valuable Poster

M2. Has nailed the heart of every matter he’s posted about for quite some time. Always a guy you can count on to be here day in and day out.

Most Clever

gonelong's posts make me wish I'd have typed mine that way.

Best Armchair GM

This one is nigh-impossible. There are easily a dozen people on this board I’d rather have running the team than the current FO. So I’m going to go to follow Boston's lead and name Boss and GIK as co-GM’s. If Redszone is run is any indication of how they’d run a MLB franchise, we’d surely be in good hands.

Best Trademeister

Ravenlord. Always thinking out of the box and always coming up with realistic scenarios. Much appreciated effort. Ditto for Red Leader.

Best Discussion

The Eric Milton signs thread. That was a long LONG thread that, in retrospect, became a key reference point that most likely turned a lot of folks on to how bad the Reds situation actually is.

Worst Typist

Eh. Who knows. No name for this one, but if someone posts without actually using paragraphs, that’ll trump simple typos for me.

Funniest

BCubb2003. His “Random Thoughts” threads are a Redszone staple that I look forward to every day.

Best Use of Statistics

M2. Always out-of-the-box and looking at things most folks wouldn’t notice. Ravenlord also deserves a mention because he’s the hardest working guy in show biz when it comes to using metrics. He's an innovator who’s willing to look at things backwards and upside down if it means there’s something to be learned.

Most Long-winded

Me. The next time I’m truly succinct will be the first. I used to think this award perennially belonged to GAC, but then I realized that he’s not really long-winded. He just uses more paragraphs than anyone else. ;)

Most Positive

If you sat Krusty down in the middle of a large room full of horse crap, he’d immediately begin looking for the pony.

Most Negative

FCB. But it’s a realistic negativity rooted in reality and borne of recent Reds history.

Nicest

MWM. He’s the only person on the board that I can confirm will drive my drunk arse around, so it’s more of a “wins by default” thing than anything else.

Best Moderator

Everyone has done a great job under the new system, but I’m going to give this year’s award to Chip because his rundowns of the Hot Stove League radio show are an excellent contribution to the board and an immediate must-read.

Best Chatter

GAC. Like drinking beer at a bar while watching the game with a buddy.

Most Off-Topic

Any number of redundant Player X Sucks! threads. Oh, they’re technically “on-topic”, but you can bet that topic has been covered elsewhere.

Best Newcomer

Tie between Big Donkey and Joseph. One of the reasons Redszone is so great is that every once in a while you learn about what’s going on before anyone else. Big Donkey is a HUGE contributor to that and Joseph learned how to swim in the shark tank quicker than just about anyone ever.

Best Outsider

Stewie. And MattyMo is always a welcome read. And can someone please confirm that ramp hasn’t slit his wrists?

I’m going to just give props to the whole Reds Live board. Every game, there’s someone there to pick up the baton. Well done.

The Old Red Guard Award

Article: "Stats vs. Scouts: Do We Need to Choose Just One?". The whole thread.

Best Historian

WOY. If I were watching “Baseball- A Film by Ken Burns”, I’d want WOY sitting next to me so that I could ask him for accuracy checks.

traderumor. Incredibly passionate, articulate, and active. Even when disagreeing with tr, his positions force me to learn more about the topic.

If I hear one more word about a recliner in the Reds clubhouse, I’ll break something.

guttle11
12-13-2005, 03:03 PM
don't forget about me for awards!!

Ah, crap you already did. I'll post some nominations later.

gonelong
12-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Most missed poster

I miss Stormy, and Guerney. I really miss Old Red Guard, RIP.

Most Whipped Poster

Raisor. Cut the chain and the ball will fall off. :eek:

Best tag line

I don't read these, but someone has something about value above replacement poster, nice

Best Moniker

CaptainHook, Caveat Emporer, linedriver, & Catch22

Most Valuable Poster(s)

M2, Steel, and woy share an incredible amount work here. Thanks guys.

Most Clever

Lots of clever little devils here.

Best Armchair GM

M2 has a plan. If I had some jack he'd be the first message board GM in MLB.

Best Trademeister

Your asking the wrong guy, I think all these hypothetical trade threads are a waste of time.

BigDonkey has had the pulse of the actual trade scene, he gets my vote.

Best Discussion

Too many to list.

Worst Typist

Anyone not using paragraphs.

Funniest

BCubb2003

Best Use of Statistics

Steel for having shared massive quantities of relevant statistical analysis.

Most Long-winded

GAC, you'd think we are paying him by the word around here. :)

Most Realistic

M2 seems to have a nice grasp of what about to happen.

Nicest

BadFundamentals. He takes quite a bit in stride. Hang in there you poor misguieded soul. ;)

Best Moderator

Anyone that is among the living.

Best Newcomer

Big Donkey - thanks for the heads up on the trade scene.

Best Outsider

Stewie - appreciate a look from the outside in.

The Old Red Guard Award

Article: "Stats vs. Scouts: Do We Need to Choose Just One?". Nice work on that one.

Best Historian

WOY. I want an autographed copy of that first book.

Best All-around board members
RFS62 and OldRightHander. These guys get "it".

Thanks for everyone keeping a level of civility here such that we can all get together and discuss, hash, re-hash, moan, cheer, and laugh together.

GL

TRF
12-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Most missed poster

ORG always

Most Whipped Poster

BF. really. and to his credit, he took it in stride. He's still wrong though

Most missed game chatter

N/A

Best tag line

Aside from mine? anything woy puts in his sig is gold.

Best Moniker

Falls City Beer

Most Valuable Poster

woy again. Sees the game with a completely different eye, and doesn't take an extreme SABR POV while using stats better than anyone.

Most Clever

FCB

Best Armchair GM

I'll go with co GM's Steel and M2 with princeton has the head of scouting.

Best Trademeister

This should be known as the Krusty award.

Best Discussion

Any thread with the words loathe, Randa and signing in it.

Worst Typist

i uuusualy dont nOtice TYPING erors. :)

Funniest

Raisor, but don't tell him I said so. egomaniac.

Best Use of Statistics

Actually I like how woy let's stats speak for themselves. I also like Doc Scott here when it comes to analyzing ML players.

Most Long-winded

Stormy. Hands down. Even when he isn't here he's long winded.

Most Positive

Creek is positive suckitude can be measured. does that count?

Most Negative

BF

Nicest

TeamBoone.

Best Moderator

We have moderators? cool.

Most Off-Topic

gotta be the Jim Coombs thread. That was priceless.

Best Newcomer

Any newcomer that made the jump to ORG.

Best Outsider

Ramp

The Old Red Guard Award

dunno, but i love discussion of the merits of the 25th guy on the bench.

Best Historian

WOY. I'm thinking of stalking him if he doesn't write a book already.

Larkin Fan. Been here apparently through some tough time medically, and is always positive.

K's are bad.

zombie-a-go-go
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I think you guys all rawk, as do the ladies, so it's impossible for me to make any distinctions here.

Well, except for remdog being the most negative poster on the board.

Other than that, kudos to all of yous. And stuff.

guttle11
12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Most missed poster
I haven't been here long enough

Best tag line
who knows.

Best Moniker
West of You

Most Valuable Poster
WOY

Best Armchair GM

M2.

Worst Typist

captainmorgan07

Funniest

Puffy

Best Use of Statistics

Steel.

Most Positive

Creek
Best Use of an Emoticon

Krono

Nicest

Sandy.

Best Moderator
All of them

Most Off-Topic
Dan O'Brien:)

Best Newcomer
Prolly Big Donkey

again, I haven't been here long enough

The Redszone "clique"

Falls City Beer
12-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Most missed poster

Really, I get a kick out of the guys who go all postal. But I'm transgressive.

Best tag line

Mine usually kick ass.

Best Moniker:

Boobhat. Awesome.

Most Valuable Poster

M2 and RFS62: the Willie and Lefty of Redszone

Most Clever

WOY--storehouse of arcana that kicks ass.

Best Armchair GM

Steel--I'd turn the Reds' front office over to this guy.

Worst Typist

What happened to that one guy, *something* ND? Dude was the least lucid writer ever. After reading one of his posts, I felt like I had bugs crawling around in my brain.

Funniest

Red Leader's dropped a number of zingers this year. He's on a roll.

Best Use of Statistics

M2--the solidest conclusions drawn from data.

Most Positive

Again, Red Leader fits the bill.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Gotta go Krono here.

Nicest

Too hard--I can't pinpoint a single poster. But RFS62 is damn high.

Best Moderator

Boss, Ochre

Most Negative

That one guy *something* 4256--he's pretty negative.

Best Newcomer: Captain Hook

Krono's post count is freakin' nuts. Hats off--you bleed deep red.

Losing

Redsfaithful
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
And can someone please confirm that ramp hasn’t slit his wrists?

I believe this is his website:

http://maverickball.com/

It's been updated recently. It's always possible that I'm confused and that's not really Ramp's, but I think it is.

Redsland
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Most Missed Poster

ramp101 – He provided a welcome outsider’s view when the Reds were teetering between contender and pretender. Of course, that was back when his own Marlins were doormats. As they climbed in the standings, the rampster didn’t have time for us anymore. :( After the off-season they’ve had, we’ll presumably be seeing lots of our old friend for the foreseeable future. ;)

Best Avatar

paintmered – I’m not sure where that little guy is galloping off to, but it sure looks like he can’t wait to get there.

Best Moniker

Danny Serafini – There are Neil Diamond songs that are so stupid I laugh hysterically whenever I hear them. Between his Mexican League pedigree, his promises of 15-win seasons, and his Japanese League sayonara, Danny boy is Forever in Blue Jeans.

Most Valuable Poster

SteelSD – He’s Yoda, patiently explaining for the thousandth time that hate leads to the dark side, and then posting three-year park-adjusted splits that prove it. Few combine the passion, eloquence, and evidence to make a claim, back it up, and sway the skeptics. He does it all day every day.

The Hank Aaron Award

westofyou – Fans gripe that the MVP Award should be paired with a Best Hitter Award. Writers remind said fans that such an award already exists, and it’s named after the HR king. WOY brings a wealth of statistical data to the party, but that’s giving him short shrift. He also has an unbelievably deep storehouse of knowledge about the history of the game, and a great appreciation for the interplay between the past the present.

Most Clever

creek14 – Your quips keep me in stitches. They say laugher is the best medicine, and that’s good, because these stitches really hurt.

Best Armchair GM

M2 – The GM has to see the big picture, know all the players, know all the other guys’ players, be able to define a strategy, articulate it to the masses, and sell it to the unwashed. In short, he needs to be smart, articulate, dynamic, pragmatic, charismatic, and spell my name right on the check. I think this is the most important position in the organization, and I’d give it to M2 in a heartbeat.

Best Nuxhall Impersonation

RFS62 – Joe is the conscience of this organization, and RFS is the conscience of RedsZone. Usually warm and friendly, occasionally stern, he’s the barometer for how a day, or a thread, is going.

Best Discussion

Some say DunnHater arrived with a bit of an agenda. All I know is that DH/BF swooped in and led discussions so full of flawed premises and circuitous logic that they led to wide-ranging discussions about OBP, OPS, slugging, conservation of outs, RC/27, lineup construction, and any number of other fundamental tenets of baseball theory. To read these threads and learn what is shared in them by so many Zoners is to begin to appreciate RedsZone as a graduate course in fandom conducted in a playground sandbox at recess.

Funniest

BCubb2003 – Another shoutout for Random Thoughts. The saddest tragedies give audiences brief moments of levity between the gaps when sorrow turns to anguish. RedsZone is kind of like that sometimes.

Most Positive

GAC – You want to believe, no doubt about it. Heck, you wanted to believe nobody would score on Danny Graves, and if that’s not blind devotion, I don’t know what is.

Most Negative

REDREAD – I hope that in nominating him for this award, he accepts it as a badge of honor. He’s been saying for years that the worst would come to pass, and he’s been right at every turn. If there were someone in the Reds organization who had the juice and the guts to say the things REDREAD has said over the years, we may not be in this mess. But there’s not and we are.

Nicest

KittyDuran – What a kind, caring, giving person. (Both on the field and off./gg) I’m inclined to believe there are less than six degrees of separation between her and noted nice guy, The Mayor.

Best Moderator

Chip R – Prolific. Fair. Funny. Everything you want in an overseer.

Best Newcomer

Caveat Emperor – Great first year! You made an immediate splash and kept right on swimming. You’re a fine addition to our band of…whatever we are.

The Old Red Guard Award

I learned a lot in the posts that broke down last year’s off-season acquisitions, polled the assembled masses on their thoughts, and ran detailed analyses of what 2005 might look like. In some ways they were case studies in optimists/pessimists and stats/scouts. But there are some pretty in-depth discussions in there, too, all backed by solid numbers and statistical modeling. Interesting threads that portended full-fledged nightmares.

Boss Hogg – It’s tempting to give this to one of the really ancient posters, like Krono or Raisor ;) , but none of this would have been possible without Boss, and this year in particular has helped to drive that fact home.

“You can't judge DanO because you’re not a GM; also, you don’t know what kind of offers he got.”

All-Stars
Joseph – Newbie-turned-mod; always impressive.
ochre – Already was a mod, and a fine one at that.
letsgojunior – Not a mod, but a prolific poster and outstanding individual.
traderumor – Your transformation from doe-eyed follower to table-pounding revolutionary is a testament to the power of RedsZone. :)
Puffy – I don’t loath you. :)
MWM – You know his story.
TeamCasey – Too many posts about players’ butts, but otherwise pretty cool. :)
:)

Raisor
12-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Fox is still around under a different moniker. :)

I knew Boss was Fox all this time!!

How's that Royals beer guy you got all your "info" from?

smith288
12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Most missed poster
Hard to say

Best tag line
zombie usually has the best ones

Best Moniker
Harangatang

Most Valuable Poster
SteelSD

Most Clever
Redsland

Best Armchair GM
SteelSD

Best Trademeister
Krusty

Best Discussion
Danny traded thread

Worst Typist
any post without even one capital letter

Funniest
zombie

Best Use of Statistics
SteelSD

Most Long-winded
uh...savafan?

Most Positive
GAC

Most Negative
BF

Best Use of an Emoticon

gonna say Pedro...where Pedro posts, an emoticon follows

Nicest
Easier to say who isnt nice....too many to name for nicest.

Best Moderator
Boss-Hog

Best Chatter
GAC

Most Off-Topic
never kept count

Best Newcomer

Joseph...newbie to mod deserves props

Best Outsider
ramp

ghettochild - last game of season and he is PBPing...thats a fan

The Old Red Guard Award
nothing that memorable to me

Best Historian
woy

boss - gik

anything political... guilty myself

Best Avatar
Falls City Beer - cant beat that mulleted dude with the Sammy Hagar shirt

OldRightHander
12-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Most Missed Poster

ORG. I didn't post when he was here, probably because I spent so much time reading and thinking about what he was saying that I never bothered to write anything myself. Why even try to measure up to that?

Best Avatar

WOY always has some clever ones.

Best Moniker

Can't say.

Most Valuable Poster

Can't name just one. Steel and WOY come to mind, but each person brings something different.

Worst typist

captainmorgan07, in a landslide

Best Armchair GM

M2

Best Discussion

Just about anything on the days leading up to, including, and after the draft.

Funniest

BCubb2003's random thoughts posts, and Puffy.

Most Positive

Teamsters and Krusty. I don't always agree with Krusty. Heck, I seldom do, but I like his ability to always look for the bright side and his belief that this team actually can get better.

Most Negative

BF if the topic is anything related to Adam Dunn. REDREAD for his stark realism. I don't always like what he says, but he is right a lot of the time.

Nicest

Can't name just one.

Best Moderator

All of them.

Best Historian

WOY

Best Newcomer

Joseph, making mod that fast has to be something. Honorable mention to WilyMoRocks.

The Old Red Guard Award

Although I learned a lot from much of the statistical analysis, WOY's historical posts were a great read.

Boss and GIK for starting the whole darn thing.

Anything mentioning Adam Dunn, strikeouts, and sac flies.

Sheer volume of posts and clever use of emoticons

We should just name this the Krono award.

letsgojunior
12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Most missed poster

ORG - The place isn't the same without his posts.

Best tag line

Hmmm, I've had so little time to read lately that I can't come up anything - so they're all good.

Best Moniker

princeton - even though I don't like the school.;)

Most Valuable Poster

The one, the only RFS62. The Yoda of Redszone.:)

Most Clever

I'm pretty impressed with registerthis's efforts lately.

Best Armchair GM

A tag team of cincinnati chili and M2.

Best Trademeister

Krusty has traded everyone on the Reds roster at least 5 times.

Best Discussion

"Be the last person to post on this thread.":thumbup:

Funniest

Puffy and RL.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY is the master of his domain.

Most Long-winded

Edskin on his "must-win" threads.

Most Positive

TC and TB.

Most Negative

The rest of us.

Best Use of an Emoticon

zombie :thumbup:

Nicest

Long list - Roy, TC, zombie, MWM, Paint, pedro, CE, SANDY, SuperBarry, Rosie, Krono, RL, Puffy

Best Moderator

All of them

Best Newcomer

CE and registerthis

Best Outsider

MattyMo and Ramp

Best Historian

Again WOY

RFS - really the heart and soul of the board.

All of the Dunn discussions.

Best Looking Redszone Male

Puffy in a landslide.

SunDeck
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Most missed poster

Stormy. I can't remember when he exited the building, but the lights have been dimmer ever since. We've picked up some real gems along the way, but it's a shame when one has to move on.
And of course, ORG.

Best tag line
ZOMBIE
Lots of others, but I have a hard time remembering who they belong to.

Most Valuable Poster
Rather than say one poster, I will mention the things that always get my attention- good use of stats (and formatting!), deep knowledge of the game, sense of history, and respect of other posters.
That last part is the one thing I believe makes the best posters stand out. Some use stats, some don't, but those who hold their fellow Zoners in high esteem are the Most Valuable Posters.

Most Clever
Redsland
NWM deserves a nod. Can be funny, but most often bitingly clever.

Best Armchair GM
M2 - there has never been a FO move by any club that M2 couldn't parse and comment on.

Best Trademeister
Krusty

Worst Typist
I don't mind poor typing as much as I do poor writing. It's okay to be in a hurry, but for god's sake take the time to express yourself cogently.

Funniest
Puffy, Zombie.

Best Use of Statistics
Steel, WOY

Most Positive
GAC, TC

Most Negative
BF never saw a thread that couldn't be turned sour.

Best Moderator
They all do a great job. Thanks MODS!

Best Chatter
I don't know. It seems like every time I start chatting, people log off.
Hello!?

boss - gik
We should just close voting on this one, folks. No Boss/gik, no Redszone.

"The FO/Dano sucks."
We know already and I'd argue that we'd all be a lot happier if we just accepted their baseline suckitude. That way, we can't be anything but pleasantly surprised by even something as minor as Milton's ERA getting under 6.00.

Best Avatar
I can't remember who this belonged to, but the animated SNL "More Cowbell" avatar made me ruin my keyboard.

smith288
12-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Best Avatar
I can't remember who this belonged to, but the animated SNL "More Cowbell" avatar made me ruin my keyboard.
I had it for a while. I got a fever...

savafan
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I had it for a while. I got a fever...

Then I think it passed to Krono and finally to me.

KronoRed
12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I never had it

I've never seen the skit :D

savafan
12-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I never had it

I've never seen the skit :D

You must forgive me, multiple concussions you know...:D

smith288
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Just in case people need to know

More Cowbell (http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/38.html)

GAC
12-17-2005, 08:05 AM
I can't believe I got three "nominations" for Most Positive.

Long-winded. That's expected. ;)

And I just want to scream "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" when I see rfs being nominated for Most Popular or Nicest! He's got you people fooled! :lol:

http://www.bradyresidence.com/janohno.jpg

westofyou
12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Most missed poster

Lots of guys come and go, I can say I miss Guernsey, Steve4192, Redstorm and ORG all. Chili has been Lawschooled too, so his appeareances seem to be few and far between. And of course missing since June is Malcontent.

Best tag line

Stats are misleading! - This little one cracks me up.

Best Moniker

I like ones that makes it easier for me to remember who they are, like Blimpie, Hubba, onbasemachine.. all stick in my head better than others.

Most Valuable Poster

No one is bigger than the whole collective of the board, the place really churns out the content, making it easier for one stop baseball reading.

Most Clever

Redsland cracks me up, dry and sneaky. BCubb is the Herb Caen of the board, making observations of the collective and positioning them in a way that makes it ironically hilarious.

Best Armchair GM

I'm going with M2 on this, though he wanted to put DJ at SS last winter and bench Flop ;) But he has been hitting the predictions fairly well this past year. I'd also do with that Princeton feller...but he'd be the first to tell you that.

Best Trademeister

I'm with GL on this, I find it to be the equvalint of cloud watching.

Best Discussion

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.... pretty much any long winded discussion on pitching. This for me was the year I learned more about pitching than I could remember learning before. The game is so offensive heavy that pitching is going to be micro analylized from the management to the fan level. With giant contracts and injury recovery changing pitching

Best Stats

Steel and Ravenlord have been digging up stuff that I enjoy not having to look for all year.

Worst Typist

gOt A lItTle CApTaiN in Ya?

Funniest

Redsland cracks me up, Blimpie, Pedro and Steel give me many chuckles

Most Long-winded

GAC knows how to extend a point

Most Positive

Redsfan30 has hope that is always shining

Most Negative

You reap what you sow

Nicest

RFS62 and the Teamsters all are too nice as is MWM and Jmcclain

Best Moderator

They all do great jobs.

Most Off-Topic

The music threads always give me great tips

Best Newcomer

Heath and Cyclone came on strong and are enjoyable reads.

Best Outsider

Stewie and MattyMo are good visitors to have around for 3rd party reviews

Boss and Gik are the holders of the flame, without them it's MLB land

Dunn, face it folks he ain't Pete Rose, he's another animal completely.. doing things you've never seen, most of it great.

BCubb2003
12-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Most missed poster
Red Thunder.

Best tag line
The one that does the little things.

Best Moniker
OldRightHander.

Most Valuable Poster
WOY. I've been schooled.

Most Clever
Redsland. We are Tony Womacks to his Ryan Freel.

Best Armchair GM
M2. But I've never heard him speak in public.

Best Discussion
The thread about the impending new ownership, before Cincinnati media were writing about it.

Best Stats
Is this category a counting stat? If not, then Steel.

Best historian
Chip R.

Nicest
The Teamsters.

Worst topic
Rally-killing lead-off homers.

Best Newcomer
Big Donkey.

Best Outsider
I continue to admire MattyMo's gracious good sportsmanship.

RFS62. Can always be counted on to bring insight into the human condition. Except this will probably make him all paranoid and stuff.

Most underrated
All y'all.

Caveat Emperor
12-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Just as a preliminary: I looked at my info the other day, and realized that I'm approaching the 1-year anniversary of my joining RedsZone (Christmas Day, 2004). It's been a fun year of baseball -- and that's saying something, given how wretched the team has been.

You've all helped me grow as a fan and as a student of the game. I'd nominate you all if I could -- but I can't, so here goes nothing:

Most missed poster
ORG -- I've read some of his stuff that people have reposted, and the man was a true poet. His love for the great game was evident in everything he wrote. I spent a solid hour before a game hunting down the brick at the GABP one night. Wish I'd been around here when he was.

Best tag line
Tie: "0 Value over Replacement Poster" and SuperBarry's "Love is all the little things that don't show up in the box score"

Best Moniker
Danny Serafini. You cannot help but love the name that reminds us of a time when the Reds had truly hit rock bottom in their quest for better pitching. Me gusta Danny Serafini as a RedsZone moniker.

Most Valuable Poster
This is one award I just can't narrow down. Everyone here provides some input to the board, from Steel, M2, and WOY's tireless research and statistical analysis to the pithy comments from the likes of Krono, FCB, and register...everyone contributes something that makes RZ a great place.

Most Clever
FallsCityBeer always seems to have something wity to say, he's my nominee for this award because I'm too lazy to think hard about other people who have entertained me.

Best Armchair GM
Steel, in a nailbiter. Truth be told, I'd gladly turn the Reds over to a front office of Steel and M2. I expect we'd be in contention inside of 3 years.

Best Trademeister
I'm with others -- I think trade speculation is an exercise in frustration. Inevitably you overvalue your own players while underestimating the shrewdness of other general managers. In the end, everyone is disappointed when the names they're bantering about end up being pie-in-the-sky and you're stuck with Dave Williams at the back of your rotation.

Best Discussion
I've learned more in 1 year of reading the statistical threads than I have in all my years of watching and playing baseball. I have new appreciation for stats I never knew existed, and I find myself now checking things like GB/FB ratio, K/9, OPS, RC, VORP and BABIP regularly whenever looking up players and prospects. My understanding of the game grows with every one of these threads, and it has made watching the game an even more enjoyable experience.

Talking to a friend the other day about the Reds, I randomly made a comment about BABIP and Brandon Claussen only to recieve the response: "There you go with your stats again." I had to chuckle -- that was my response to the same line of reasoning less than a year ago.

Worst Typist

Even the worst typist on RedsZone is still better than most of my friends in the e-mail I get. So: no comment.

Funniest
Tie: BCubb and his "Random Thoughts" usually have me grinning, but I can't ignore Redsland and the "Reds Report," which usually elicits multiples laughs whenever posted.

Best Use of Statistics
SteelSD. He, like many others on here, has made me a better baseball fan.

Most Long-winded
I like in-depth and thoughtful analysis -- I'll never rip anyone for posting their thoughts in long-form. :)

Most Positive
Krusty -- give a man a fish and he'll be full for one day, teach a man to fish, and he'll be full for a lifetime. Give Krusty a fishing pole, and he'll be already thinking of how to swap it for a microwave.

Most Negative
Shouldn't this one just be changed to "Most Realistic?"

Best Use of an Emoticon
Anyone who uses this emoticon: :weber:

Aside from that, I loved (traderumor, I believe it was) the signature which featured this little dude :fineprint at the bottom.

Nicest
GIK and Boss for opening and running this website. They're nice enough to give me an outlet for frustration. It's the only one left since I've been banned/suspended from the Buccaneers BBS for making some choice remarks to a trolling Pats fan following the New England loss. :laugh:

I've also gotten to spend some time talking with letsgojunior, being that she's a fellow law student and all -- and she's an entrant into this award as well, albeit through channels other than the work that appears on the board.

Best Moderator
They all do a good job, I can't single out just one (and besides, I don't want my threads locked either)

Most Off-Topic
The RedsZone 10 and/or Identifying RedsZoners in public

Best Newcomer
I've been a big fan of the posts made by CaptainHook so far -- and he's more recent than me, so he gets my vote.

Best Outsider
MattyMo4Life -- he gets an award just because he's gonna have to pick a new moniker out in the very near future. My suggestion: PujolsPorVida.

The Old Red Guard Award
Macro's discussion of baseball cards this summer and the story about the slumping sales of cards. Some of the posts on that thread, talking about collecting while growing up and how baseball cards went hand-in-hand with the love the game -- there were some great posts on that thread and (maybe more importantly) made me stop and think about how collecting cards was what really kept me tied closer to baseball as a kid than any of the other sports I played.

Best Historian
WOY. Retire the award, he's a joy to read.

Boss & GIK -- without them, there is no RZ.

Trade Adam Dunn / Sign Adam Dunn -- either way, I wish the Reds would just pick something and do it!

RFS62
12-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Most missed poster

Gurnesey and Stormy

Best Moniker

Scrap Irony

Most Valuable Poster

I'd have to say three guys here do most of the heavy lifting.... WOY, Steel and M2. But M2 gets my vote this year. His writing ability along with his understanding of the game and wonderful way of expressing himself makes him a must read, even when I don't agree with everything he says.

Most Clever

BCubb and Redsland.

Best Armchair GM

Cincinnati Chili. Wish he'd hurry up and get that law school thing out of the way so he could post more.

Best Trademeister

Doc Scott. Tremendous analysis and insight in everything he writes.

Best Discussion

I still like the discussions delving into the sabr vs. scouting contrast.

Funniest

Puffy, JMcLain and Red Leader. Not funny "ha ha". Just funny.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY and Steel.

Most Long-winded

GAC. I think he gets paid by the word.

Most Positive

SuperBarry11

Most Negative

FCB, but I don't consider this a detriment. He's got the cajones to call it like he sees it, and a tremendous wit. Plus his kid did build us that deck.

Nicest

Team Casey, Team Boone, Team Morris and Team Griffey. Nicest teamsters in history.

Most Absurd Thread

"How to identify Redzoners in Public"

Best Newcomer

Blimpie has made me chuckle, snort, and occasionally guffaw.

Best Outsider

MattyMo

Best Historian

WOY. Perfect blend of statistical analysis and anecdotal reference.

Most likely to succeed award

LarkinFan and Letsgojunior. Two finer young pups I've never known. Both facing many challenges en route to their formidable goals in life. Both make me very proud to call them friends.

BadFundamentals
12-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Most Valuable
GIK and Boss (and any other less public owner/operator/CEOs).

Best Moderator
No award given. A few less chiefs and more indians would make a better cake.

Play of the Year
GIK and Boss, I didn't like how it ended up but the two of them did reach out to board community in working through the issue of "6 posts a day"? subscriber/no subscriber $$/no money etc...etc.... again, did I mention I didn't like the resolution and subsequent cell division forum spawning but somewhat "democratic process" was certainly evident.

Tables Award
WOY

Best New Stat
Raisor, his creation of the Runs Created stat has changed my life. Forever your humble servant Raisor.

Friend in Need Friend Indeed
OldRightHander seems to be pretty level headed and able to mix with most everyone?

Trade for a PTBNL
Toss up between M2 and MWM. I forget which is the whiner and which is the pseudo know it all or are they the same person? I also forget which made the laughable attack on me about my economics knowledge. I almost didn't recover. They forced me to in the words of Paul Simon, "And so you see I have come to doubt. All that I once held as true". I'm left wondering does my Economics degree and 3.8 GPA mean anything? Have I been tying my shoes wrong too all these years?

Most Valuable Posters
Me and anyone else who sticks up (despite censorship) for something other than strikeout homerun loving sabermetric opinions. Otherwise, just forget the "for reds fans by reds fans" and change it to "a sabermetric, strikeout loving, adam dunn loving community"

Rudest and Most Hateful
Steel Sd. Most people on this board and others agree, disagree, embrace, dismiss, ignore etc..etc.. and take it all in stride without stooping to hate and childish namecalling - not Steel. The poor guy must not have a friend in the world. The ones most needing of warnings, and suspensions slide by unscathed in this forum. It's a shame.

Most Improved
This would be a better forum if the not so vocal minority opinions were embraced or at least allowed and tolerated. As is the very vocal majority who live on here drown out other voices. Moderators allow this it and encourage it.

Johnny Footstool
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Quickest Way to Kill a Thread

See above post.

savafan
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM

See above post.
:bang:

Blimpie
12-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Trade for a PTBNL
Toss up between M2 and MWM. I forget which is the whiner and which is the pseudo know it all or are they the same person? I also forget which made the laughable attack on me about my economics knowledge. I almost didn't recover. They forced me to in the words of Paul Simon, "And so you see I have come to doubt. All that I once held as true". I'm left wondering does my Economics degree and 3.8 GPA mean anything? Have I been tying my shoes wrong too all these years?Being the astute macro-economic honk that you claim to be, surely you are familiar the term: "demand elasticity." Perhaps, it's just the fact that your shoelaces are too rigid.

remdog
12-21-2005, 12:08 PM

See above post.

The guy is entitled to his opinion. Piling on is actually the quickest way to kill a thread because it takes the thread off topic.

Rem

Doc. Scott
12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Come on, RZ, pick yourselves up and get back to the business of recognizing those who deserve it.

Cedric
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Deserve it lol.

Johnny Footstool
12-21-2005, 12:38 PM
The guy is entitled to his opinion. Piling on is actually the quickest way to kill a thread because it takes the thread off topic.

Rem

Sorry. I was giving out my own "RedsZone Postee Award," which I think that particular poster deserves.

gonelong
12-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Trade for a PTBNL
Toss up between M2 and MWM. I forget which is the whiner and which is the pseudo know it all or are they the same person? ...

Most Valuable Posters
Me and anyone else who sticks up (despite censorship) for something other than strikeout homerun loving sabermetric opinions. Otherwise, just forget the "for reds fans by reds fans" and change it to "a sabermetric, strikeout loving, adam dunn loving community"

Rudest and Most Hateful
Steel Sd. Most people on this board and others agree, disagree, embrace, dismiss, ignore etc..etc.. and take it all in stride without stooping to hate and childish namecalling - ...

Merry Christmas.

GL

pedro
12-21-2005, 02:51 PM

Rem

Rem, if you want to defend BF go ahead, just don't expect many others to back you up. His post was mean spirited and nasty. Frankly, if he doesn't like RZ then he should go somewhere else.

I could care less if he has a differing opinion, but he doesn't have to come into a thread like this and throw barbs at other posters and make yet another obligitory Adam Dunn crack.

Frankly, if it was up to me I'd ban him, I'm tired of it.

Jpup
12-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Rem, if you want to defend BF go ahead, just don't expect many others to back you up. His post was mean spirited and nasty. Frankly, if he doesn't like RZ then he should go somewhere else.

I could care less if he has a differing opinion, but he doesn't have to come into a thread like this and throw barbs at other posters and make yet another obligitory Adam Dunn crack.

I have a feeling that he will be gone soon. :cool: :lastyear:

Danny Serafini
12-21-2005, 03:55 PM

Amen.

redsfan30
12-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I have a feeling that he will be gone soon. :cool: :lastyear:
Hopefully.

Falls City Beer
12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Amen.

We get political threads taken away, but this guy's allowed to cyber-defecate on the holiday season!

Booo!

Reds Nd2
12-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Best tag line
"0 Value over Replacement Poster" and others, but this is my favorite.

Most Valuable Poster
Steel. He's the one responsible for me coming back to RedsZone and I'm a better baseball fan for it.

Most Valuable Poster (Reprise)
Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway?
In alphabetical order: M2, OldRightHander, SteelSD, TeamClark, WoY

Most Valuable Poster (Reprise II)

No one is bigger than the whole collective of the board, the place really churns out the content, making it easier for one stop baseball reading.

Most Clever/Funniest
Too many to list. It seems someone is always making a comment that makes me spew barley, hops, yeast, and water all over my keyboard.

Most Clever/Funniest (Reprise)
I stumbled onto this thread tonight. It's from 12-14-2004, but Roy Tucker gets my vote for the absolute funniest thing I've ever read on RedsZone. If this isn't archived, it should be.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30326

smith288 comes in a very close second with the "more cowbells" clip.

Best Trademeister
I have to go with gonelong on this one.

Most Positive/Nicest
The Teamsters, SandyD, SuperBarry, KittyDuran, and others that I've Shirley forgotten.

Best Newcomer
Cyclone792

Best Outsider
MattyMoRocks, Stewie, and most likely others I've missed.

The Old Red Guard Award
I think it was ORH who posted about getting arrested for walking home drunk after a Reds game. I wish I had a link for that post. Another thread that should be archived, if it isn't already.

Best Historian
Not to take anything away from WoY, but I want to give a shout out to SandyD. She has posted some great stuff as well.

Boss took the time to defend/explain the rant against RedsZone at Reds.Com once, after one of BF's tirades on that site. It left a favorable impression with me.

Oh yea', almost forgot one.

Most Whipped Poster/Most Valuable Poster (Reprise III)/Best use of statistics
Gotta' be Raisor! He won a Nobel Prize for his invention of Pythag and the drinking bird thingy for crying out loud.

Just sayin'...

Joseph
12-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Don't call me Shirley.

OldRightHander
12-22-2005, 10:08 AM
The Old Red Guard Award
I think it was ORH who posted about getting arrested for walking home drunk after a Reds game. I wish I had a link for that post. Another thread that should be archived, if it isn't already.

I think it must be this story you're thinking about.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38607&

Raisor
12-22-2005, 07:32 PM

Most Whipped Poster/Most Valuable Poster (Reprise III)/Best use of statistics
Gotta' be Raisor! He won a Nobel Prize for his invention of Pythag and the drinking bird thingy for crying out loud.

Just sayin'...

I just got a phone call that I'm up for Nobel Prize number seven. Has to do with a 12 page paper I wrote on Sherman's march to the Sea back in college.

It killed.

Gallen5862
12-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Today is my first anniversary at this site. I am thankful that it did not take me long to get to the Org board. I want to thank everyone for the welcome. Woy would be my nominee for board Historian. Teamcasey is my nominee for nicest poster. My best thread nominees are game threads and the draft thread. Krono is my nominee for most helpful poster. I want to thank everyone again for the warm welcome you gave me this year.

deltachi8
12-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Only award I wish to hand out is to Bad Fundamentals.

The refusual to use data, creative thinking and new ideas is precisely why teams like the Reds fail. The "old school" is damning them.

Badfundamentals reminds me of this with each of his arguments.

I hope he does not get banned, The person is entitled to an opinion no matter what others think of it. Then again, it aint my board.

OldRightHander
12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I hope he does not get banned, The person is entitled to an opinion no matter what others think of it. Then again, it aint my board.

I don't think anyone ever has or ever will get kicked out for having an opinion, but being belligerent to another member is quite another thing.

pedro
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Only award I wish to hand out is to Bad Fundamentals.

The refusual to use data, creative thinking and new ideas is precisely why teams like the Reds fail. The "old school" is damning them.

Badfundamentals reminds me of this with each of his arguments.

I was fine with his contrarianism until it reached the point of attacking folks in this thread. I do believe that dissenting opinions make for good discussion, but IMO he pushed his agenda to the point of making his presence a detriment to RZ b/c he insisted on making things personal. I do realize that he did get picked on somewhat himself, but honestly i don't really think the posters he chose to attack are the ones that picked on him in a personal manner. Frankly, I was probably meaner to him than either Raisor or SteelSD, and that reflects poorly on me, I know.

Either way, it's really up to Boss & GIK to decide what they want to do. They've shown good judgement in the past and this site is theirs to do with as they please, and I'd just like to thank them both for doing this for all of us because it is a great site.

Tom Lawless Fan
12-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Best Moniker

Wheels. It's a great name. Simple, to the point and easy to remember.

Funniest Poster

I've done alot of thinking about this one, because there are so many one liners thrown around here every day, but in the end I had to go back to Wheels. He's always there with a zinger when the chips are down.

Most Informative

Wheels. Hands down. I continue to be amazed by the depth of his insight. He's taught me everything I know.

Most Missed Poster

Gotta be Red Storm. No other poster has understood Wheels, and what he brings to the board more than Red Storm.

Most Valuable Poster

Wheels in a landslide. Others simply add broth to the soup, Wheels is everything else that I chew on.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.

Worst Typist

I can't answer that one. I just spend to much reading Wheels' material, which is always well written and gramatically correct.

Patrick Bateman
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Best Moniker

Wheels. It's a great name. Simple, to the point and easy to remember.

Funniest Poster

I've done alot of thinking about this one, because there are so many one liners thrown around here every day, but in the end I had to go back to Wheels. He's always there with a zinger when the chips are down.

Most Informative

Wheels. Hands down. I continue to be amazed by the depth of his insight. He's taught me everything I know.

Most Missed Poster

Gotta be Red Storm. No other poster has understood Wheels, and what he brings to the board more than Red Storm.

Most Valuable Poster

Wheels in a landslide. Others simply add broth to the soup, Wheels is everything else that I chew on.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.

Worst Typist

I can't answer that one. I just spend to much reading Wheels' material, which is always well written and gramatically correct.

Is that you Wheels?

pedro
12-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Is that you Wheels?

No, it's just some "harpie' that has a crush on him and thinks Wheels has been sending out "coded" messages through his posts. There may be a restraining order involved but that's really none of my business.....

OTOH, Tom Lawless Fan does have some good points........

Reds Nd2
12-23-2005, 08:53 PM
I think it must be this story you're thinking about.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38607&

Yep that's it ORH. Thanks for finding the link. I bookmarked it for safe keeping. It was great story and my appologies for not remembering it correctly. Come to think of it, I've got a library book due....

WVRedsFan
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Heck, most of the posts here are valuable, and I appreciate you all so it's hard for me to give out awards about this and that.

I will say that Red Storm or Stormy--your pick, is the most missed poster. His insight about Reds baeball was second to none. Come back, Stormy!

And Old Right Hander's story about leaving the game early and going to jail for an overdue book was absolutely one of the finest stories ever posted here.

I'll leave it at that and look forward to the 2006 season where there has to be a better ending than this year.

TeamCasey
12-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, New Year. :beerme:

StillFunkyB
12-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Most missed poster

I really haven't been around long enough, however I think I have to vote for guernsey just because I know there are alot of people who do.

Best tag line

It's a quote from WOY, that both Krono and myself put in our sig. "Being a Reds fan sometimes makes me feel like I got mugged by a mime." -WOY

Best Moniker

Tie. EXBRAVEDAD, and COFFEYBRO.

Most Valuable Poster

Krono. You just can't replace those types of numbers. :D

Most Clever

BCubb and his "Random Thoughts"

Best Armchair GM

With appologies to M2, I have to vote for Raisor. There have been a few times this past year that I wish it was him, and not DanO in charge.

Best Trademeister

Like already stated, just name this the Krusty award.

Best Discussion

The Jim Coombs thing was great, as was the CBus "Yes/No" thread. I have to vote for creek's ST adventures thread.

Worst Typist

I really don't know.

Funniest

BCubb, or Redsland. They are about equal in my book.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY. With appologies to SteelSD.

Most Long-winded

SteelSD. Now this is not a bad thing, IMO.

Most Positive

RedsFan30.

Most Negative

I'm really not sure.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Krono. The guy IS an emoticon.

Nicest

RosieRed.

Best Moderator

Chip has my vote, but you all do a great job!

Best Chatter

GAC or Joeseph. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Reds!

Most Off-Topic

"Last person to post". Heck, it was so off topic it had to get it's own board!

Best Newcomer

Not sure.

Best Outsider

MattyMo

It's been too long. I can't vote for this.

The Old Red Guard Award

The Milton thread.

Best Historian

Like the Krusty award, this should be named the WOY award.

BOSS, and GIK. Thanks!

Dunn & K's

Raisor
12-27-2005, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=]

Most missed poster

Stormy.

He better be back by the new season, or I'm sending Krono out to find him.

Most Valuable Poster

Steel in a landslide. The big jerk. :mooner:

Best Armchair GM

M2. Actually uses logic and stuff. He's probably a snappy dresser too.

Best Discussion

Any of the stat discussions that didn't break down into a slugfest.
wait.
nevermind.

Funniest

Creek. Creek is the AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AND ROLLA!

Best Use of Statistics

Steel. He makes my head hurt, but then, I get to steal all his best stuff and use it as my own elsewhere.
It's not "stealing" actually, it's "sampling".

Most Long-winded

Stormy. Why say something in two words when you can say it in 200? Especially when it's so well written.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Krono. Duh.

Nicest

Sandy. Sandy sent me a Target giftcard for my wedding (and I WILL be sending a thankyou note! I promise! I've got a year, right?

Best Moderator

You all are worthless and weak!
Ummmm..I didn't mean that. Really. Ummmm, I'm not going to have to post fulltime at Reds.com am I?

Best Chatter

I'm not saying who, but Steel and I really enjoy it when she's in chat. Probably too much.

Just sayin.

Best Newcomer

Big Donkey.

Best Outsider

MattyMo

Reds Nd2
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Best Use of Statistics

Steel. He makes my head hurt, but then, I get to steal all his best stuff and use it as my own elsewhere.

If were not in school it's not plagiarism, right?

letsgojunior
12-27-2005, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=]

Most missed poster

Stormy.

He better be back by the new season, or I'm sending Krono out to find him.

Most Valuable Poster

Steel in a landslide. The big jerk. :mooner:

Best Armchair GM

M2. Actually uses logic and stuff. He's probably a snappy dresser too.

Best Discussion

Any of the stat discussions that didn't break down into a slugfest.
wait.
nevermind.

Funniest

Creek. Creek is the AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AND ROLLA!

Best Use of Statistics

Most Long-winded

Stormy. Why say something in two words when you can say it in 200? Especially when it's so well written.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Krono. Duh.

Nicest

Sandy. Sandy sent me a Target giftcard for my wedding (and I WILL be sending a thankyou note! I promise! I've got a year, right?

Best Moderator

You all are worthless and weak!
Ummmm..I didn't mean that. Really. Ummmm, I'm not going to have to post fulltime at Reds.com am I?

Best Chatter

I'm not saying who, but Steel and I really enjoy it when she's in chat. Probably too much.

Just sayin.

Best Newcomer

Big Donkey.

Best Outsider

MattyMo

Raisor making an appearance on the thread. Were you allowed to take off your electronic tracking bracelet for the day?;)

SteelSD
12-28-2005, 03:14 AM

All posts copyrighted SteelSD 2005.

But as for "sampling", I've always felt that Raisor and Vanilla Ice had a lot in common.

Y'know, One-Hit Wonders...:evil:

Ravenlord
12-28-2005, 03:57 AM
All posts copyrighted SteelSD 2005.

But as for "sampling", I've always felt that Raisor and Vanilla Ice had a lot in common.

Y'know, One-Hit Wonders...:evil:
dude........that's the krewl.......with a capital REWL.:beerme: :evil:

gonelong
12-28-2005, 03:33 PM

It doesn't make sense not to use all the resources you have at your disposal. ;)

GL

dman
12-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Speaking of Krusty, I could really use him the next time I go shopping for a car. That leads me to ask the question, Krusty, have you ever been taken on a deal???? It just seems that you would have a natural knack for bartering.:thumbup:

RFS62
12-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Speaking of Krusty, I could really use him the next time I go shopping for a car. That leads me to ask the question, Krusty, have you ever been taken on a deal???? It just seems that you would have a natural knack for bartering.:thumbup:

Plus, he's heavily armed. So you'd have that going for you. Which is nice.

marcshoe
12-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Although I don't pay enough attention, here are a few that jump out at me.

Most missed poster

Holes in the memory banks, but the person who posted the old headlines occasionally. The this date in history stuff (did I read somewhere that it was TeamClark's father?) He may still be around, but I haven't seen those posts for a while.

Best tag line

Krono's quote of WOY: "Being a Reds fan sometimes makes me feel like I got mugged by a mime." I'm still trying to figure out what it means, but it feels right.

Best Moniker

CentralChamps05. Irony.

Most Valuable Poster

When I first started reading his posts, I thought SteelSD was rude and annoying. I'm finding now, though, that I am learning an incredible amount of stuff from his posts. Also, M2 and WOY. And a whole bunch of others. It's tough to name just one or two. Also tend to turn to RFS62's posts quickly, and enjoy many, many others.

Best Armchair GM

3/4 of the posters here? The three above would be a good start, but as to actually running the team, I'd lean toward M2, I think. At least I've been agreeing with his points a lot lately.

Best Trademeister

Is there really a choice here? There's only one Krusty.

Worst Typist

Pacman knows it's him.

Funniest

Redslands reports make him come in a strong second, but Creek's overall tone wins this one.

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?

First reaction is Steel, but I read some really good stuff a day or two ago, and I can't remember where it was or who posted it.

Most Positive

CentralChamps05. If he hasn't given up hope for last year yet. . . .

Most Negative

Falls City Beer. But at least he enjoys it. :D

Best Discussion Really enjoyed the Hall of Fame threads, though I only got to vote on the last two. And although I don't see the best historian thing listed on what I cut and pasted, Cyclone and WOY, among others, provide great perspective on these threads.

Best Outsider

MattyMo

Best Moderator

Chip gets extra points for the Hot Stove League stuff

nicest

yeah, gotta go with the teamsters, but there are guys here who are nice also.

Overall, I kind of hate doing this since there are so many people I haven't mentioned. This is a first rate board, far above what I expected when I first went searching for a Reds board back in the Enquirer days.

SteelSD
12-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Most Valuable Poster

When I first started reading his posts, I thought SteelSD was rude and annoying.

Actually, that's "snide cuss". Really. It's certified. ;)

marcshoe
12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Actually, that's "snide cuss". Really. It's certified. ;)

Sorry. I'll try to use the correct term from now on. :evil: