PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a TSO Fan?

Caveman Techie
11-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I know there were a few fans of the metal band Savatage on here, and I was just wondering since Savatage also does the X-mas band Trans Siberian Orchestra (TSO), if anyone else here was fans of them also.

If you've never heard of TSO and you like rock music and want some good X-mas music in the Rock theme you really need to check them out at http://www.trans-siberian.com They have some samples up there to listen to.

I've already got my tickets to 2 of their concerts in the Cinci area and can't wait till it starts. :)

TeamBoone
11-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I like them. I haven't heard enough to consider myself a fan, but what I've heard, I like.

savafan
11-12-2005, 01:38 PM
I love TSO. I've been a huge Savatage fan for years (see the screen name), went to the TSO show last year.

RedsFan75
11-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Awesome Band. LOVE the O' Holy Night piece on that 1996 album.

Would love to see them live.

savafan
11-12-2005, 04:16 PM
The live show is awesome. Savatage's live show is awesome as well.

Chris Caffery also has his own solo project.

As does Jon Oliva, titled Jon Oliva's Pain.

Caveman Techie
11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Chris Caffery also has his own solo project.
"Faces" by Chris has got to be one of my favorite CD's to have come out in years.

Caveman Techie
11-12-2005, 04:32 PM
BTW is anyone else here planning on going to the concert?

Ravenlord
11-12-2005, 04:57 PM
hopefullly i'll be able to, but i doubt it.

found an interesting rare track at a CD store, of Savatage covering "Bohemian Rhapsody."

savafan
11-12-2005, 08:16 PM
found an interesting rare track at a CD store, of Savatage covering "Bohemian Rhapsody."

found that on MP3. I believe that it is actually from the days when they were called Avatar.

Ravenlord
11-13-2005, 03:46 AM
found that on MP3. I believe that it is actually from the days when they were called Avatar.
*that would explain the sound and guitar tone. my other guess would have been that it came from the 'Handful of Rain' era, since Skolnick is the only who's come close to replicating Criss's sound.

this evening i found an interesting duet of Rhapsody and Iced Earth (when did they tour together?) doing a rendition of "Chance." i never knew Jon, or Rhaposy for that matter were neccessarily Savatage fans.

if you haven't heard it, imagine an Iron Maiden guitar tone on "Chance" with altternating Matt Barlow and Rhapsody singer vocals, including 6 different voices on the round.