PDA

View Full Version : Brooke Burns injured in pool accident

flyer85
11-17-2005, 10:35 AM
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art37489.asp

Former "Baywatch" actress Brooke Burns was injured in a freak pool accident at her Los Angeles home last Thursday (Nov 10).

According to police reports, she went for a swim in her pool late at night. She misjudged the depth of the pool and hit her head on the bottom when she dove in.

Though initial news reports indicated that she broke her neck, subsequent tests at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, where Burns was rushed after the accident, showed a small fracture in one of her neck bones. Nothing was completely broken, and she was also cleared of any permanent spinal injury.

The 27-year old Burns first rose to fame in 1998 when she was cast as Jesse Owens on the beach drama "Baywatch". She left the show two years later when she became pregnant and gave birth to a daughter by then-husband Julian McMahon ("Nip/Tuck"). She also appeared in last year's short-lived series "North Shore".

Reps for Burns say the actress will be well enough by January to start filming the newly-picked-up WB midseason replacement series, "Pepper Dennis", also starring Rebecca Romijn.

supposedly she is having the mirror removed from the bottom of the pool.:ughmamoru

RBA
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
During the Roller Derby craze of the late 70's, one of the managers (female) of the L.A. Thunderbirds did the same thing. She died.

Anybody remember Roller Derby?

flyer85
11-17-2005, 10:41 AM
During the Roller Derby craze of the late 70's, one of the managers (female) of the L.A. Thunderbirds did the same thing. She died.

Anybody remember Roller Derby?what a great sport. I loved it and professional rasslin when I was a youngster.

Severe neck injuries from diving into pools is not a uncommon occurrence. She was extremely fortunate.

Jaycint
11-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Guy that grew up right next door to me is in a wheel chair for the rest of his life from diving into a pool.

Blimpie
11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Not to make light of her situation, but don't the lion share of these injuries occur when someone dives into an unfamiliar pool? This was her pool and she reportedly was an avid swimmer.

How a frequent swimmer is not cognizant of the depths and dimensions of their own pool is puzzling to me....

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2005, 02:25 PM
How a frequent swimmer is not cognizant of the depths and dimensions of their own pool is puzzling to me....

Hate to stereotype, BUT.... swimming late at night and does this in her own pool means non-sober condition to me. Drunk/stoned people sometimes have been known to do dumb things. So do sober people. Just saying'...

Natalie Wood, Dennis Wilson, Brian Jones... some of the less fortunate stars who partied too close to water and paid dearly for it.

Blimpie
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Hate to stereotype, BUT.... swimming late at night and does this in her own pool means non-sober condition to me. Drunk/stoned people sometimes have been known to do dumb things. So do sober people. Just saying'...

Natalie Wood, Dennis Wilson, Brian Jones... some of the less fortunate stars who partied too close to water and paid dearly for it.Kinda what I was thinking, too.

gonelong
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Guy that grew up right next door to me is in a wheel chair for the rest of his life from diving into a pool.

Ft. Loramie by chance?

pedro
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Hate to stereotype, BUT....

Then stop it.

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Then stop it.

Or maybe her plastic surgery, that made her top-heavy, was to blame. She leaned over the pool to see if that was a leaf floating in the water... too much weight-shift and splash!

Just an unfortunate victim of circumstance of course. Gotta be.

pedro
11-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Or maybe her plastic surgery, that made her top-heavy, was to blame. She leaned over the pool to see if that was a leaf floating in the water... too much weight-shift and splash!

What's your excuse? Get dropped on your head few too many times by hippy parents?

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2005, 03:35 PM
What's your excuse? Get dropped on your head few too many times by hippy parents?

Uh... I will not use personal attacks on you. Personal attack as much as you desire.

BTW... I assume you know this young actress personally and know the real reason. If not, then your attacks mean nada. They are what they are... just personal attacks.

Opinions are not a violation of this forum.

Red Leader
11-17-2005, 03:39 PM

What was the need to quote pedro for this?

Just so you could continue on?

Reds4Life
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
RFA66 & Pedro,

If you'd like to continue your little battle with each other please do it via PM. I really don't feel like handing out warnings, but will if I have too.

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2005, 04:15 PM
What was the need to quote pedro for this?

Just so you could continue on?

I guess him coming across like he is my father seemed unnecessary to me. Obviously our mods do not take his posts as attacks and an attempt to start something with me.

Look back and honestly tell me who started this. I gave an opinion (one shared by another member). But I also do not chum around in 2000 page threads with the mods either. I think I understand.

Also my 2nd opinion was supposed to be funny. Unlike his message telling me to "stop it". And then asking if "my hippy parnets dropped me on my head". Do explain why you are coming at me, RL. Please.

Good day.

pedro
11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I was in the wrong for my comment.

Unassisted
11-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Strictly as a public service, since I get them confused myself.

This is Brooke Burns:
http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/b/burns/lg1.jpg

and this is Brooke Burke:
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_notebook/brooke_burke/notepreg.jpg

It was quite a challenge to find images of either of them that were suitable for posting here, but in the interest of public service, I made the effort. ;)

KronoRed
11-17-2005, 05:05 PM
This is a brook
http://www.wegrew.com/byowner/brook.jpg

Red Leader
11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
This is a burn.....

http://www.sonic.net/~mk/images/burn/5-burn.jpg

Red Leader
11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Now that we have that cleared up....

Reds4Life
11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Burns looks better with brown hair IMO, Brooke Burke looks good with anything. :evil:

Puffy
11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Burns looks better with brown hair IMO, Brooke Burke looks good with anything. :evil:

You mean like in this dress?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1094821/brooke2.jpg

BoydsOfSummer
11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I expected to open this and read that her "flotation devices" failed and she nearly drowned.

bucksfan
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Just one man's opinion, but Burke > Burns, altho' I did manege to see one pic of the preferred thread subject anyway (thanks UA).

Reds4Life
11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
You mean like in this dress?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1094821/brooke2.jpg

Yes, yes, something like that. :cool:

OldRightHander
11-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I expected to open this and read that her "flotation devices" failed and she nearly drowned.

Just for the record, I'm all in favor of flotation devices. :thumbup:

KronoRed
11-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Not fake ones.

OldRightHander
11-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Not fake ones.

I prefer everything genuine.
:devil:

flyer85
11-18-2005, 03:41 PM
I prefer everything genuine.