PDA

View Full Version : Pandora

Elam
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Just in case any of you haven't seen it yet, I'd check out:

www.pandora.com

It's a really cool site for music, part of the music genome project, you just type in a song or an artist you like and it will play that artist or song and also what it feels are related artists or songs. The only downside is at times it can become a bit repetative but if it does that you can just search for a new station or just skip the track. It's become one of my favorite sites lately, hope you enjoy. :thumbup:

Crash Davis
12-28-2005, 12:40 PM
I've been using it a lot at work lately...with mixed results.

I plugged in guys like Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne and a few others, and yesterday they played a Clay Aiken song. I had to get out of Pandora for awhile after that.

It's very streaky. They seem to play 4 or 5 songs I enjoy in a row, and then they play a few in a row that are not only bad songs, but also have no relation to the music I plugged in to the station.

But it's an interesting idea. I'll keep trying.

MrCinatit
12-29-2005, 07:56 AM
thanks for pointing me towards this, guys, 'tis very appreciated - i had not discovered this site yet. i'm always looking to expand my listening experiences.
EDIT: oh the humanity! i plug in Space Is Deep by Hawkwind...and the second song to come up is Mr. Roboto by Styx! Oh the Human...ah. nevermind. i actually kind of like that cheesy song.