PDA

View Full Version : Zach Greinke

Hondo
01-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I have mentioned this before but wanted to bring up this Kansas City Royal pitcher. This guy throws ground balls and Allard Baird is no Genius.....The Royals added Redman, Mays, and Etherton so Greinke could be available and maybe we could offer Tony Womack!!! But really....this guy would be a great addition to the Reds Staff....I have seen Greinke pitch a couple of times and his worst enemy was Tony Pena's misuse of him.....he will be an 18 game winner easily with the "Right" team.....

BoydsOfSummer
01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Looks like he got more innings than he should have. He got hammered like a freshman on dollar draft night last year. Shell shocked is what you mean,I assume?

ghettochild
01-07-2006, 01:23 AM
not only that, but the royals have repeatadly said that he is not expendable

Sean_CaseyRules
01-07-2006, 02:10 AM
he will be an 18 game winner easily with the "Right" team.....

What makes you think the Reds are the "right" team, we have taken descent pitchers and turned them into garbage, look at Eric Milton.......

Hondo
01-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Well, Milton's ERA went High when he went to Philly, and he just went higher with the Reds. Milton needs to be traded to the Dodgers, Mariners, or Tigers and he will be back to pitching well...GAB is just too tight of a Ball Park for him....

Greinke is just about to turn the corner......I wish the Reds would take a flyer on him.......another guy is Hayden Penn of Baltimore......

Harang
Claussen
Williams
Greinke
Penn

Maybe the Orioles would take Milton and Lopez for Tejada and Penn????

Don't think I am wishing too well......The O's need pitching and want to take care of Tejada's wishes....Ramirez is staying in Boston and Philly is only offering Abreu....The O's want pitching, and we need a Right Handed Power hitter......besides Pena

2B-Freel
RF-Kearns
1B-Dunn
SS-Tejada
CF-Griffey
RF-Pena
C-LaRue
3B-Encarancion
P- Pitcher

I don't think I am dreaming....The Orioles should be interested in Milton with his success in the American League....and they get a great substitute for Tejada in All-Star Felipe Lopez, and we get a Right Handed Clean Up hitter and a Great young Starter!!

Ravenlord
01-07-2006, 07:16 AM
any pitcher will be an 18-game winner if you can give him 6 runs of support each time out.

RedLegSuperStar
01-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, Milton's ERA went High when he went to Philly, and he just went higher with the Reds. Milton needs to be traded to the Dodgers, Mariners, or Tigers and he will be back to pitching well...GAB is just too tight of a Ball Park for him....

Greinke is just about to turn the corner......I wish the Reds would take a flyer on him.......another guy is Hayden Penn of Baltimore......

Harang
Claussen
Williams
Greinke
Penn

Maybe the Orioles would taker Milton and Lopez for Tejada and Penn????

Don't think I am wishing too well......The O's need pitching and want to take care of Tejada's wishes....Ramirez is staying in Boston and Philly is only offering Abreu....The O's want pitching, and we need a Right Handed Power hitter......besides Pena

2B-Freel
RF-Kearns
1B-Dunn
SS-Tejada
CF-Griffey
RF-Pena
C-LaRue
3B-Encarancion
P- Pitcher

I don't think I am dreaming....The Orioles should be interested in Milton with his success in the American League....and they get a great substitute for Tejada in All-Star Felipe Lopez, and we get a Right Handed Clean Up hitter and a Great young Starter!!

I'm Not One To Rip Someone.. But When You Wake Up From Your Dream Or Come Back To Earth Let Us Know! The O's Won't Even Deal Tajada For Manny And Clement For Tajada Alone.. There Is No Way They Will Trade For Felipe And Milton.. You'd Have To Deal Like Claussen / Harang, Dunn, And Possibly A Minor Leaguer Or A Guy Like Freel To Even Think About Tajada.. And Personally I'd Rather Have Lopez And Dunn As Well As Harang Or Claussen. Tajada Is Getting Older.. And Has Been Linked To Steriods (Raphie Palmeiro Stated It Was Tajada That Gave Him The Steriod). To Get Penn From A Team Like O's Who Like The Reds Who Have Offense And No Pitching Would Probably Ask For 2 Starters. Grienke Now I Heard Last Year Reds Were Offering Kearns And D'Angelo Jeminez For Him. Reds Would Be Better Off Testing The Market.. Hoping To Strike Lighting In A Bottle Then Deal Them At The Deadline For Prospects.

M2
01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
If Greinke manages to stay healthy (and that's no small if) I figure he's got a chance to be become a useful major league pitcher by 2008. Mind you, I think he's got a better chance of becoming Jim Pittsley or Chris George. The Royals know nothing about pitching. If they've had talent over the past decade, they've done their level best to destroy it.

Hondo
01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm Not One To Rip Someone.. But When You Wake Up From Your Dream Or Come Back To Earth Let Us Know! The O's Won't Even Deal Tajada For Manny And Clement For Tajada Alone.. There Is No Way They Will Trade For Felipe And Milton.. You'd Have To Deal Like Claussen / Harang, Dunn, And Possibly A Minor Leaguer Or A Guy Like Freel To Even Think About Tajada.. And Personally I'd Rather Have Lopez And Dunn As Well As Harang Or Claussen. Tajada Is Getting Older.. And Has Been Linked To Steriods (Raphie Palmeiro Stated It Was Tajada That Gave Him The Steriod). To Get Penn From A Team Like O's Who Like The Reds Who Have Offense And No Pitching Would Probably Ask For 2 Starters. Grienke Now I Heard Last Year Reds Were Offering Kearns And D'Angelo Jeminez For Him. Reds Would Be Better Off Testing The Market.. Hoping To Strike Lighting In A Bottle Then Deal Them At The Deadline For Prospects.

I understand what you are saying, but the reason the Orioles don't want to trade with Boston is because it is within their division and they do not want to help out the Boston Red Sox with their "Manny" issues.....They basically don't want to help Boston get better and more flexible. It was on ESPN the other night. That is the real deal holding up a Manny-Tejada swap.....

M2
01-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I understand what you are saying, but the reason the Orioles don't want to trade with Boston is because it is within their division and they do not want to help out the Boston Red Sox with their "Manny" issues.....They basically don't want to help Boston get better and more flexible. It was on ESPN the other night. That is the real deal holding up a Manny-Tejada swap.....

Apparently the Orioles don't want to help themselves either.

RedLegSuperStar
01-07-2006, 09:37 PM

I Don't Think Thats The Case Because They Said They Would Do The Deal If The Sox Threw In Andy Marte As Well...

But Now Tajada Has Come To Relize He Is Stuck In Baltimore And Is Removing The Trade Talks And Staying Put.

StillFunkyB
01-08-2006, 10:33 AM

Harang
Claussen
Williams
Greinke
Penn

Maybe the Orioles would take Milton and Lopez for Tejada and Penn????

2B-Freel
RF-Kearns
1B-Dunn
SS-Tejada
CF-Griffey
RF-Pena
C-LaRue
3B-Encarancion
P- Pitcher

I'm sorry Hondo, but Eric Milton SUCKS. He has absolutely ZERO trade value.

The only thing that a different park is going to do for Milton is put his ERA slightly under six, rather than slightly over it.

TOBTTReds
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry Hondo, but Eric Milton SUCKS. He has absolutely ZERO trade value.

The only thing that a different park is going to do for Milton is put his ERA slightly under six, rather than slightly over it.

It might not even do that.

Home: 5-6, 6.22
Away: 3-9, 6.73 :thumbdown

He pitched better in the "small" stadium. So everyone who is saying he needs a bigger park, I don't think there is a park big enough to fit his flyballs.

Do you guys remember Milton's HR's he gave up, how many were wall scrappers? Not many.

Hondo
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, we have all seen ESPN by now...so Tejada has kissed and made up with the Orioles anyway...Felipe Lopez will probably become a carbon copy of Tejada from 2000-2004 anyway...in 2005-2009...

I was just making a trade idea cause The Orioles were looking for him...

Now I just want Greinke...Maybe Baird would take Milton for Greinke and Sisco???

Topcat
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, we have all seen ESPN by now...so Tejada has kissed and made up with the Orioles anyway...Felipe Lopez will probably become a carbon copy of Tejada from 2000-2004 anyway...in 2005-2009...

Now I just want Greinke...Maybe Baird would take Milton for Greinke and Sisco???

In what dream world would that happen ? Your kidding right :eek:

Hondo
01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe I need to go get an opinion from a proffesional...

TOBTTReds
01-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Milton has zero trade value. He gets paid 8 mil a year and is terrible. Sean Casey got us Dave Williams. And Casey actually has positives.

Milton, statistically speaking was the 2nd worst, or worst pitcher in the major leagues last season.

RedLegSuperStar
01-08-2006, 08:16 PM

2 Of There Top Prospects?

Hrmm.. And We Are Giving Them Milton?

OK.. Maybe The Egg Nog Is Still In Your System...

RedLegSuperStar
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Milton has zero trade value. He gets paid 8 mil a year and is terrible. Sean Casey got us Dave Williams. And Casey actually has positives.

Milton, statistically speaking was the 2nd worst, or worst pitcher in the major leagues last season.

Yeah Aves.. I Know Right.. I Mean A Batting Tee May Of Got Us More Outs.. LoL

:beerme:

I Was Shocked That We Got Williams For Casey.. Personally I Hope Dan O Doesn't Make Another Deal.. Because He Is Terrible At It

Topcat
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM

Yes proffesional help is always a good idea to seak ::devil:

StillFunkyB
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM

Yeah, no offense or anything, but there is nobody that will take Milton.

Repeat after me, Milton is untradeable.....

Heath
01-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah, no offense or anything, but there is nobody that will take Milton.

Repeat after me, Milton is untradeable.....

well he is...my summer league softball team lost our pitcher.

The Reds would have to eat his contract though..... :D

randymack
01-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Greinke may be had for
Freel and/or a Minor leaguer.
The change of scenery
would do him good.

As in him I mean either
Freel and/or Greinke

Ravenlord
01-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Greinke may be had for
Freel and/or a Minor leaguer.
The change of scenery
would do him good.

As in him I mean either
Freel and/or Greinke
Baird would laugh so hard over that offer they'd hear it in Japan.

Heath
01-09-2006, 01:22 PM
about the only way the Royals would give up Grienke would be Dunn. And - that would probably be a one-to-one deal.

(Disclaimer to DanO - just because we say it here, doesn't mean you have to do it. It's not like you listen to us anyway. But, just in case - don't do that deal.)

Hondo
01-12-2006, 06:53 PM
about the only way the Royals would give up Grienke would be Dunn. And - that would probably be a one-to-one deal.

(Disclaimer to DanO - just because we say it here, doesn't mean you have to do it. It's not like you listen to us anyway. But, just in case - don't do that deal.)

Ok, I hope I can get a group rate for proffesional Help because did you say Dunn for Greinke straight up??

Wait! Is this Allard Baird?

pedro
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Do you really think teh Royals are that high on Greinke? Or are they just high?

RedLegSuperStar
01-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Dan O Won't Do That Deal. In His Mind That Isn't Enough For Dunn. He Has Stated That He Wants A Proven Front Line Starter For Dunn. So Unless The Royals Are Offering Another 2 Top Pitching Prospects.. I Think It's Safe To Say The Reds Wont Deal Dunn In Such A Deal

Hondo
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't think Dunn is even on the Block at all.....listening to offers, yeah, But not like he is on the Home Shopping Network or anything...

Casey was moved for the sole reason of making 4 OF's get equal playing time...

Oh, and to make some Financial room for the Womack trade...ha!!

Heath
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Do you really think teh Royals are that high on Greinke? Or are they just high?

I think if you locked Allan Baird and DanO in a room to discuss baseball trades, I'm afraid that there might be spontanious combustion.