PDA

View Full Version : The Cincy ACL streak continues

Reds4Life
01-10-2006, 11:02 AM
The wonderful luck of Cincinnati sports teams in big games seem to be continuing. Last night Armein Kirkland, UC starter, tore his ACL against #4 UConn and is reportedly out for the year. UC basketball was already severely shorthanded since many of the recruits left after Huggins was fired; now they are down another one.

This city just can't catch a break, unbelievable.

Unassisted
01-10-2006, 11:13 AM
At least you've got Doc Kremchek close by to mend those ACLs.

rdiersin
01-10-2006, 11:21 AM
It could be worse, UC could be like my Boilermakers and lose 4 of your most important players, two of which were seniors on a very young team, for the year.

TeamBoone
01-10-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree, R4L. I was thinking the same thing as I watched. Sickening.

I thought UC actually might win that game as they were playing UConn tough.

Roy Tucker
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I keep thinking UC ought to sign some free agent or get someone off the waiver wire. Maybe make a trade with Duke.

Maybe they can get some guys off the football team.

Ravenlord
01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
at least when your next great football player hurts his ACL, the first thing you hear doesn't revolve around the words "somewhat irreperable" and "never will be close to the same."

CrackerJack
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
I swear nothing good ever happens in this city anymore regarding major sports.

I turn to UC hoops usually after a disappointing Bengals' season or finish - only to get slapped in the face again with that last night.

We are cursed.

alex trevino
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM

I turn to UC hoops usually after a disappointing Bengals' season or finish - only to get slapped in the face again with that last night.

We are cursed.

Hope you are not expecting any relief from the Redegs.

Cyclone792
01-10-2006, 11:51 PM

We are cursed.

Just like you, I do the same and turn to UC hoops after the Bengals wrap up. It's just even more sad that even after all the Huggins nonsense the team was really coming together and doing very well as it headed into its first season of Big East play. Kirkland himself was starting to really pick it up and seemed to be on the brink of taking his game to a higher level. No more now, unfortunately.

Now with Kirkland gone it just means we're gonna be seeing more Jihad Muhammad. :bang:

RosieRed
01-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Maybe they can get some guys off the football team.

Dominic Goodman was also offered a basketball scholarship (to somewhere), maybe they can get him to play.

savafan
01-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Here we go:

1) Greg Cook, 1969 NFL Rookie of the Year, suffered a shoulder injury that forced him out of the game three years later.

2) Tim Krumrie’s leg in the Super Bowl.

3) Ken Griffey Jr.’s hamstrings, knee, and shoulder.

4) Ki-Jana Carter’s ACL, in his first preseason game after being drafted No. 1 overall.

5) Kenyon Martin’s ankle in the 1999 Conference USA tourney when UC was No. 1 in the nation

6) Carson Palmer’s knee implosion and an ugly first-round playoff exit.

7) Cincinnati Bearcats forward Armein Kirkland blasts his ACL, hours after Palmer’s injury, ending his college career.

TeamBoone
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Ugh!

Caseyfan21
01-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Shhhhhh! No one tell Jr. about this streak. ;)

Unassisted
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Here we go:

1) Greg Cook, 1969 NFL Rookie of the Year, suffered a shoulder injury that forced him out of the game three years later.

2) Tim Krumrie’s leg in the Super Bowl.

3) Ken Griffey Jr.’s hamstrings, knee, and shoulder.

4) Ki-Jana Carter’s ACL, in his first preseason game after being drafted No. 1 overall.

5) Kenyon Martin’s ankle in the 1999 Conference USA tourney when UC was No. 1 in the nation

6) Carson Palmer’s knee implosion and an ugly first-round playoff exit.

7) Cincinnati Bearcats forward Armein Kirkland blasts his ACL, hours after Palmer’s injury, ending his college career.

Here's an article with an even longer list from today's Enquirer.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/SPT/601150324