PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton County Approves Sale of Reds

Unassisted
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
One step closer...

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2006/01/09/daily20.html

Cincinnati Business Courier - 1:58 PM EST Wednesday
County OKs Reds sale

The Cincinnati Reds (http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?q=%22Cincinnati%20Reds%22&t=cincinnati) sale rounded another base Wednesday, when Hamilton County commissioners approved the purchase, a requirement under the team's lease with Great American Ball Park.

The lease between the county and the Reds remains intact, though team ownership is changing, as long as Hamilton County and Major League Baseball approve the sale.

The next step is approval by Major League Baseball owners, who are expected to approve the sale at their Meetings Jan. 19 in Phoenix.

Controlling ownership (75.6) of the Reds will go to Bob Castellini, Tom Williams and Joe Williams, who had been minority owners of the St. Louis Cardinals. Castellini will replace Carl Lindner as chief executive officer.

The trio will hold equity worth $120 million, though Lindner and other owners will retain interests in the team.

Redsland
01-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Whew! Thank goodness that hurdle's been cleared.

No wonder this couldn't be finished in December.

:rolleyes:

RFS62
01-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Eight more days

Matt700wlw
01-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I hope MLB works as swiftly... :rolleyes:

MartyFan
01-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I hope MLB works as swiftly... :rolleyes:

Hey, Matt. A few years ago I heard rumor that Clear Channel was interested in purchasing the team. Did you ever hear anything about that?

I had a friend who was tight with some of the suits at the old Jacor who had given me this info.

RBA
01-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey, Matt. A few years ago I heard rumor that Clear Channel was interested in purchasing the team. Did you ever hear anything about that?

I had a friend who was tight with some of the suits at the old Jacor who had given me this info.

I heard the new owners maybe thinking about buying their own radio station and running their own flagship bypassing 700 and clear channel. But there aren't a lot of stations not own by clear channel that would be any good.

Matt700wlw
01-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I heard the new owners maybe thinking about buying their own radio station and running their own flagship bypassing 700 and clear channel. But there aren't a lot of stations not own by clear channel that would be any good.

Heard that one. Don't think they could get much better than they have it now.

Didn't hear the one about Clear Channel buying the team -- may have been rumored before I started here, if at all.