PDA

View Full Version : do we want casey back after 1 year in pittsburgh?

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
casey says he was willing to take less $$ to stay in cincy-if he has a decent year in pittsburgh --do we want him back for less???

KronoRed
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
No, lets move on...if Dunn is to the 1st baseman then we need to play him, also Votto is going to be coming down the road soon (hopefully) so why block him?

acredsfan
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
casey says he was willing to take less $$ to stay in cincy-if he has a decent year in pittsburgh --do we want him back for less???
Well, if he's willing to sit on the bench and be more of a mentor and lefty off the bench, sure..... Its time to move on, Casey is a good player, but he really doesn't have a place on this team if Kearns and Pena do what they are capable of, and we have Dunn at first. Yeah, everybody loves Casey's personality, but its better for him to stay in Pittsburgh or go somewhere he can play at 1st every day. He can't play any other position, and who really wants a DH who has no power, so first is his one and only spot. I like Casey as much as anybody else, but he just doesn't fit.

RedsBaron
01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
No thanks. Sean is by all accounts a great guy but the Reds have no place for him. He will also be 33 years old in mid-2007. The Reds really don't need to be looking at players that old, given how far away they are from contention.

TeamSelig
01-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Back up 1B, insurance incase an OFer gets hurt, #1 pinch hitter option, late game defensive sub then sure, but only if he's cheap. It also depends on what he does in Pittsburgh next year.

harangatang
01-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Absolutely not, I wouldn't want Sean Casey back in any role even if he signed at the league minimum. Everyone knows he's a good guy but his crybaby attitude brought down the ballclub when his so-called "leadership" it was needed the most. Like the whole ordeal when Danny Graves got released because his performance on the field sucked and he flipped off a fan. The Reds were a better ballclub without Danny Graves and Sean Casey is boo-hooing in the clubhouse bringing everyone else down. That's true leadership right there when you squak because one of your friends gets released when it makes your team better.

Krusty
01-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Sentiment will kill you in this business.

RedLegSuperStar
01-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Everyone Hated To See Him Go.. Now No One Wants Him Back..

But I Agree, Time To See What We Got.

Strikes Out Looking
01-12-2006, 08:01 AM
I think he could be signed as designated hugger.

Ravenlord
01-12-2006, 08:07 AM
only if you want to see the Reds accelerate their descent into being the Royals.

RBA
01-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey, why we're at it we can get Hal Morris out of retirement too.

deltachi8
01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Everyone Hated To See Him Go.. Now No One Wants Him Back..

But I Agree, Time To See What We Got.

Not everyone hated to see him go...as a ball player at least.

If Sean came a callin next year, i'd advise the Reds to move on.

savafan
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
The Reds need to move forward, they've moved backward for far too long.

One of the big problems with this organization is the "Good Old Boy Network".

PMand JM
01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Sean would (will?) make a great coach:cool:

redleg32
01-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Only if he is the missing bench piece to a World Series run at the league minimum.

pedro
01-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't see why we would, but that hasn't seemed to stop this team in the past.

Hondo
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
yeah, resign Casey to be a Lenny Harris/type .350 pinch hitter...

KronoRed
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't see why we would, but that hasn't seemed to stop this team in the past.
He lacks playoff experience, so we'll pass ;)

George Foster
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM

When did he day this? I would be furious if I was the Pirates GM. He talking about going to another team before he even starts spring training with his NEW team. It's not September..it's January for God's sake.

cincinnati chili
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
"It's all about the Hamiltons Baby!!!"

Assuming it's the right price, and assuming the Reds have already moved an outfielder, I don't necessarily have a problem with it.

Let's see how he does in Pitt. though.

WVRedsFan
01-13-2006, 01:16 AM

No.

There's no crying in baseball.

Or hugs for that matter.

He's the mayor of Pittsburgh now. May he forever reign.

Chip R
01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
"It's all about the Hamiltons Baby!!!"

Assuming it's the right price, and assuming the Reds have already moved an outfielder, I don't necessarily have a problem with it.

Let's see how he does in Pitt. though.
I agree. I'm not exactly going to bang the "Bring Back Sean Casey" drum but if the price is right and we need him, by all means bring him back. It's not like he's a clubhouse cancer or anything.

flyer85
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Only if it will make the overall team better and I have a hard time seeing how it would. But then again who knows what the Reds will look like a year from now.

traderumor
01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I think getting rid of more guys from this era is still in order rather than recycling guys that already left.

jmbraun773
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I liked Sean Casey. Having a hitter like him in your line-up is always a plus. However there is no room for him on this team anymore with Dunn moving to first. The Reds have a surplus of outfielders who all have great talent. Casey is an asset at the plate but a liability on the bases. I agree that it is time to move on, but I thank him for all the time he spent in Cincy, and everything he gave to this team.

savafan
01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Besides, with Ben Mummy in the system (my minor league pick for a surprise break out career with the Reds), hopefully bringing Casey back won't even be necessary.

bomarl1969
01-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Actually we should have three choices in this matter...

yes
no
and
hell no

I say hell no. Casey wore out his welcome in the 21st century never again except for maybe one season coming close to his 1999 numbers. A man that big and fat should hit 35-45 hrs each year and drive in at least 110 rbi. I'm sick of not having any power at the corners. No power since Perez at 1B. Now maybe we can have it in Adam Dunn.

Another thing is I'm tired of this franchise with a great tradition being the laughing stock of the NL. WE need a manager who refuses to lose and will punish players for less intensive play. But of course it all starts with ownership and until we get owners who actually care about this team winning we're screwed. :rolleyes:

Hondo
01-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I would be open to him coming back as a Player-General Manager-Manager...

dougdirt
01-18-2006, 12:52 PM
No way. He was overpaid and under productive. If he wants to come play for $500,000, then maybe. He doesnt drive in runs and kills rallies with his double plays.