PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod changes mind AGAIN... WILL play for USA in WBC

cincinnati chili
01-17-2006, 11:30 PM
per XM's MLB home plate.

They were saying the opposite an hour ago.

harangatang
01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Just a way for A-Rod to draw attention to himself. Manny Ramirez does the same thing every year demanding to traded and then says everything's alright.

cincinnati chili
01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Just a way for A-Rod to draw attention to himself. Manny Ramirez does the same thing every year demanding to traded and then says everything's alright.

You could be right. More likely, I think A-Rod just worries too much about pleasing everybody instead of doing what he wants. New Yorkers would like him better if he just did what he damn well pleased.

If I were him I wouldn't play. This whole WBC operation is too half-assed for my taste.

Chip R
01-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Nice job finally picking a team, Hamlet.

CincyFalcon
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Like stated earlier, another way to get into the news...I am really starting to wonder what this tourney is going to turn into, I can't imagine most of these American players showing up ready to play and win...Might turn into glorified batting practice for some, I hope not...

Joseph
01-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I personally think the A-Rod thing has shown they need to change the rule to the country of your birth. This wouldn't be a problem if that were the case. The only exception then would be if you were a nationlized citizen of another country that you currently reside in, then you might still have this happening, but I just hate this wishy washy-ness.

M2
01-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Nice job finally picking a team, Hamlet.

To give Hamlet some credit, hauling off and killing your uncle/stepfather because a ghost told you to do it shouldn't be a snap decision.

Figuring out your citizenship shouldn't be quite as hard, though.

Chip R
01-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Figuring out your citizenship shouldn't be quite as hard, though.

Indeed. I think Chili is correct. He is just worried about pleasing everyone. It's not a bad personal trait but if he applies it to stuff like this, it makes him look bad.

Puffy
01-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Its about time!

Now if only Tom Cruise would come out of the closet, two of the male divas will have solved problems this year.

vaticanplum
01-18-2006, 03:57 PM
You could be right. More likely, I think A-Rod just worries too much about pleasing everybody instead of doing what he wants. New Yorkers would like him better if he just did what he damn well pleased.

I agree completely, and I think this is what hampers him as a ballplayer as well, ie. in his first season in New York and in every single playoff game ever.