PDA

View Full Version : Minor LeaguePitchers report for conditioning Test

Luvsbaseball
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Some of the minor league pitchers reported to Sarasota Monday. The pitchers had to do a 2 mile run (in under 15 mins.) Strength test and agility test. They are flying back home today. I can't remember all of the pitchers that were there but I know Bailey, Wood, Ward and several others were there. Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training on March 3rd.

It's almost TIME.......:)

dougdirt
01-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Thats good...hopefully everyone showed up in shape and hopefully Ward has had enough rest on that arm of his to see what he can actually do after being sat all of last year.

TeamBoone
01-18-2006, 03:44 PM
They arrived Monday and flew back today?

Talk about a waste of money.

Unassisted
01-18-2006, 09:48 PM
If there's that much under scrutiny, the club should go ahead and do MRIs on all of those guys from the pitching shoulder to the elbow. With its track record on pitching injuries, the club should be proactive about finding any problems before they require major surgery.

Seems like the MRI data could be useful for fine-tuning their workouts.

remdog
01-18-2006, 09:52 PM

I think that was a misprint. Rumor has it that they are running back home. ;)

Rem

MikeS21
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM

TB, if the new owners are willing to "waste" money on this, perhaps there are other needs they are willing to "waste" $$$'s on? :pray:

TeamBoone
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I hope you're right... and you're very good at making lemonade out of lemons. :p:

KronoRed
01-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I think that was a misprint. Rumor has it that they are running back home. ;)

Rem
I hope they get lost on the way :devil:

dougdirt
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
I hope they get lost on the way :devil:

I dont, our minor league pitching is our future....we need guys like Ward, Lecure, Wood and Bailey.