PDA

View Full Version : Theo Back As A GM

RedLegSuperStar
01-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Red Sox named Theo Epstein executive vice president and general manager.
Those are the same titles he held before walking away from the job on Oct. 31. Former co-general managers Jed Hoyer and Ben Cherington will remain with the team and receive new titles. Hoyer has been named assistant general manager, and Cherington has been named vice president of player personnel. The Red Sox didn't hold a press conference to announce the changes, instead electing to release statements from each person involved. "I believe that with our new vision in place, with renewed lines of communication, and with a real sense of unity, we have a chance to be a greater organization than we were before," Esptein said in his. "We thank Red Sox Nation for being patient with us, and we promise to work tirelessly, quietly, and in harmony to field clubs that can contend for a world championship year after year."

Rotoworld.com

Unassisted
01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
All of that drama just to end up back at square one. At least when the Reds have drama, it gives the impression of progress.

vaticanplum
01-24-2006, 08:40 PM
What the heck?

The Red Sox are all over the map right now. I think some of the moves they're making are very smart, but their front office appears to be in shambles. I wonder what's really going on in there.