PDA

View Full Version : Grady Fuson- GM

Hondo
01-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I know there are a-ga-zillion "Next GM Posts" out there, but this guy Grady Fuson was responsible for Mark Teixeira, Hank Blalock, John Danks, Thomas Diamond, and Chris Young....

He was let go for John Hart to stay another year, then in perfect fashion, Hart steps down and Jon Daniels comes in....

He just signed Kevin Millwood to the second Dumbest "Pitchers" contract in Baseball history....

Chan Ho Park 5 years/65 millions by John Hart for the Texas Rangers was the #1 "Idiot" signing....but Daniels takes the Cake with the Mega Buck deal for Millwood....

Anyway.....Fuson is a Great talent evaluator and I think could help bring along some pitching....

When is Homer Bailey gonna be ready????

JaredRoberts.com

Post Script: We all know that Lou Piniella is gonna be 2007 Manager if not by Mid Season so I hope we can get a Zito in the rotation this year...

dougdirt
01-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Interesting Hondo, havent really seen that name thrown around, but I like the idea of it.

RedsManRick
01-25-2006, 01:00 AM
He just signed Kevin Millwood to the second Dumbest "Pitchers" contract in Baseball history....

Mike Hampton? Denny Neagle? Darren Dreifort? Eric Milton............?

Jpup
01-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Mike Hampton? Denny Neagle? Darren Dreifort? Eric Milton............?

Chan Ho Park

Heath
01-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Isn't Grady Fuson just Dan O'Brien in a deluxe model?

Hiring Fuson wouldn't be just spinning the tires in the mud. It's digging a hole with a backhoe, and then pushing the car in it.

KronoRed
01-25-2006, 07:39 AM
If we go after an assistant I'd like it to be someone with a better farm background

Unassisted
01-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Seems like plucking another ex-Ranger guy who trained at the knee of John Hart would be tempting fate.

wheels
01-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh....For the love of Gawd.....No!

They need to stay as far away from Fuson as possible.

westofyou
01-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Chan Ho Park
Wayne Garland, Mark Davis, Bud Black

cincyinco
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Seems like plucking another ex-Ranger guy who trained at the knee of John Hart would be tempting fate.

Didn't Fuson train at the knee of Billy Beane?

The only reason he went to TX was becuase he was promised the GM job after Heart came in, did a quick overhaul, and retired. Well, then Bucky Showalter shows up and and Fuson gets ticked and leaves.

There are worse choices than Fuson.

Sabo Fan
01-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Didn't Fuson train at the knee of Billy Beane?

The only reason he went to TX was becuase he was promised the GM job after Heart came in, did a quick overhaul, and retired. Well, then Bucky Showalter shows up and and Fuson gets ticked and leaves.

There are worse choices than Fuson.

I thought Beane and Fuson were engaged in something of a power struggle at one time and that Fuson ended up losing and then left the A's altogether? Wasn't Fuson with the Athletics prior to Beane's ascension to GM? I could be completely wrong about that entire scenario though.

Boss-Hog
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought Beane and Fuson were engaged in something of a power struggle at one time and that Fuson ended up losing and then left the A's altogether? Wasn't Fuson with the Athletics prior to Beane's ascension to GM? I could be completely wrong about that entire scenario though.
That's how I remember it, as well.

princeton
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
my take was that Fuson was warring with Depodesta. Colin Powell to Depo's neoconservative views?

Sabo Fan
01-25-2006, 04:32 PM
my take was that Fuson was warring with Depodesta. Colin Powell to Depo's neoconservative views?

Well since I think getting DePodesta in here would be a coup and the best scenario for this organization, then I'm against Fuson.

Hondo
01-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Depodesta signed J.D. Drew...bad judgement...Paul D. just got a lot of "Props" for working under Billy Beane....Lets get Billy Beane...

Fuson helped Scout, Develop, and Sign the Zito's, Hudson's, Mulder's, Teixeira's, Blaylock's, Diamond's, and Danks of the A's/Rangers organizations...and he is a good "Player" guy. He got way Screwed in Arlington by John Hart and Tom Hicks...

Mark Davis was a STUD....

Just joking...Ho Park has to be the biggest bust ever???? I know Millwood will be just as Terrible.....

JaredRoberts.com

cincinnati chili
01-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Depodesta signed J.D. Drew...bad judgement...

I'm not sure it will look so bad this year when drew is the only guy on that team getting on base. I'm more confident that Drew will be producing in the last year of his contract than I am about, say, Pedro producing in the last year of his.

Hondo
01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Remember when L.A. signed Darryl Strawberry and Eric Davis 15 years ago or so....

J.D. Drew will be the same result...No doubt the guy can hit and play but stay healthy??? That was the L.A. story then and it will be the same now with Drew...

JaredRoberts.com

SteelSD
01-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Depodesta signed J.D. Drew...bad judgement...Paul D. just got a lot of "Props" for working under Billy Beane....Lets get Billy Beane...

Paul Depodesta made Billy Beane the GM he is today. The system the A's are currently using is the brainchild of Depodesta. Beane was the aggressive face, but Depo was the braintrust.

There isn't a GM candidate out there who'd be better for the Reds right now.