PDA

View Full Version : Chris Denorfia Reds Minor League Player of the Year

dougdirt
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
After posting impressive numbers at the top two levels in the Reds' farm system last season before making it to Cincinnati in September, Chris Denorfia has been named the organization's minor league player of the year for 2005.

Starting the year at Chattanooga, Denorfia hit .330 with 17 doubles, three triples and seven home runs in 46 games for the Lookouts. That earned him a promotion to Louisville, where he hit .310 with 12 doubles, six triples and 13 home runs in 91 games. He would hit .263 in 18 appearances for the Reds in September as he positioned himself to make the team out of spring training this year.

I caught up with Denorfia a couple of hours ago as he was preparing to head to the La Salle stag tonight. He'd just come from a workout at Great American Ball Park, and it sounds like he hasn't slowed down much the entire offseason.

After he got back from the Arizona Fall League, he spent a couple of weeks at home in Connecticut before heading to Sarasota, where he owns a place. He said he's been working out at the Reds' complex about five days a week the whole offseason.

"I’m really just looking to go in there healthy and to give myself every opportunity to show them that I belong up there every day," he said. "The decision-making process, obviously I have nothing to do with that, but what I can control is just how hard I go out there and play every day, and hopefully the rest will take care of itself."

Straight from Marc Lancasters blog. Sounds like Chris is really taking this season seriously, making trading Kearns or Pena away, a little bit easier on the team.

oneupper
01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I didn't get to see much of Chris with the Reds last year. But the little I saw was pretty good.
Congratulations, Chris Denorfia.

Elam
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Was looking the top play archive tonight and thought I'd throw this in here:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cin&ym=200509
Check out Sept. 9th for Chris' first major league HR/hit and
Sept. 16th for a pretty dandy catch by Chris.