PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland-Philadelphia Trade nets Tribe an OF

Heath
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Per ESPN Radio

The Indians are about to add Jason Michaels for Arthur Rhodes.

I'm guessing Kearns to Cleveland is dead.

Reds Fanatic
01-27-2006, 04:55 PM
The Cleveland deal may be dead but this may lead to a Boston and Cleveland trade. The only question is whether the Reds would be involved in a 3 team deal where the Reds would trade Kearns for Clement.

RedsManRick
01-27-2006, 04:56 PM
With Michaels in Cleveland and Crisp in Boston, neither of them would need Kearns anymore... hence no Clement... am I missing something?

cincyinco
01-27-2006, 05:11 PM
I pray that this is what happens.

I'm not against trading Kearns.. I'm against trading him for a pitcher like Clement or Westbrook. I want someone a bit more young, exciting. Think about when we grabbed Jose Rijo folks. We picked him up when he was a young kid.. 23 years of age.. and he exploded. He was fairly dominant and fantastic for us for 7 years.

THIS IS THE KIND OF TRADE WE NEED TO HAVE THAT APPTITUDE TO GET DONE. Sorry for the caps, but I'm sooooo very tired of the same ol' same ol' shortsightedness of this organization.

RedsManRick
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Rijo cost us a 36 year old Dave Parker coming off 4 seasons averaging 27 homer and 108 RBI (big numbers in the mid 80's). Parker was on the down slope and accelerating, which made this a very solid deal. But we don't have anybody in the organization who fits that profile. Griffey would, had he been healthy the last few years. If he stays healthy in the first half, you could make a great argument for him being the one to go. Kearns may have talent, but he's no Dave Parker... not yet at least. The only offensive player who is a legitimate impact guy that we could trade for Rijo type value is Dunn. Lopez could arguably be considered as such, but I think he needs another big year. However, I don't read very many posts on here claiming we should trade Dunn or Lopez...

Put this one in the 'you have to give talent to get it' box. So long as the players we trade have big question marks, so will the players we receive.

iaredsfan
01-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Red Sox just signed Dustin Mohr to be the #4 outfielder/platoon with Nixon. Now, if they get Crisp, I doubt they would pursue Kearns to hard.

blumj
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I find it hard to believe that they're terribly attached to Dustin Mohr. Nixon's in the last year of his contract, Manny's always available even though no one ever takes him. They could always be in the market for a young player with potential, and they probably still have to trade a starting pitcher. But I think if the Reds are willing to trade Kearns they can find a better fit.

Hondo
01-28-2006, 04:00 AM
Keep Kearns and let him play, let him play. 550 AB's for once!!!

JaredRoberts.com

cincinnati chili
01-28-2006, 08:35 AM
The Kearns to Boston rumors were more to fill the role that Dustan Mohr will play.

The guy the Red Sox want now is Adam Dunn.

KronoRed
01-28-2006, 08:57 AM
The guy the Red Sox want now is Adam Dunn.
We'll take everything they have :devil: