PDA

View Full Version : What If Dunn & Reds Can't Agree To Longterm Deal?

Krusty
02-01-2006, 12:42 AM
What if the Reds and Dunn can't come to a longterm deal especially in spring training? Should the Reds seek offers for much needed pitching and deal him while they still have some control? Or do you play the season out with him and hope that a longterm deal can be negotiated before he walks at the end of the 2007 season?

kaldaniels
02-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Krusty to me the answer to the poll is obviously choice #2.

1)Spring training would be crazy to give up on Dunn
2)Who knows what dough RCast will pony up in the future.
3)Any one who has ever taken a test knows "no matter what" is never a good answer.

Gotta keep negotiating with the big guy, see what happens. Way too early to throw in the towel.

dougdirt
02-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I would vote, but my option isnt in there. I talk with Dunn through June, if he doesnt seem willing to sign a LTC, you ship him away from pitching. He isnt anywhere near an "untouchable" in the terms of baseball, so keeping him no matter what is just a silly statement for someone to make. I would like to get him for another 5-6 years before seeing him leave then if he so chooses, but if he doesnt want to stay that long, get rid of him while you can get something for him.

KronoRed
02-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Keep him at least till next year.

flyer85
02-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Keep him at least till next year.exactly, if they can't get it done then the time to trade him is before the 2007 season.

Heath
02-01-2006, 03:10 PM
any deal involving dunn will probably have creek involved.

Just Sayin'

Mario-Rijo
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Well I think if you cannot come to a deal and you believe that his wish is to leave via free agency......let me change that, you know for sure he wants to leave you have to deal him. I would then deal him to someone like the Rangers for Blalock and Diamond or something along those lines, if you cannot get a #1 or maybe #2 pitcher. Hey it's Texas, it's a hitters park, and it's the A.L., hopefully that would be enough to keep him from showing up in Houston in '07!! And you should know what way to go by the start of the season so you have until the trading deadline to find a deal! You simply cannot HOPE to re-sign him you HAVE to know for sure.