PDA

View Full Version : Reds announce new ways to obtain opening day tickets

Reds Fanatic
02-01-2006, 07:58 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060201&content_id=1305068&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- For the first time, the Cincinnati Reds will give fans four different ways to purchase tickets to the Opening Day game against the Chicago Cubs.
Log On! Luck Out! Lottery: From Monday through Wednesday of next week (February 6-8), fans can register online at reds.com to win one of 50 chances to purchase two Mezzanine Infield seats to Opening Day. Additional lottery information is available at reds.com.

Early Bird Gets Opening Day...: At 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 11 the Reds will hold a sale only at reds.com for their new 8-game Power Pack promotion that includes tickets for the April 3 Opening Day game, all three games of the Fourth of July weekend series against the Cleveland Indians and all four Fireworks Nights. The limited supply of Power Pack sets will be available only through the team's web site while supplies last.

February 18 On-Sale Date: Tickets for all 2006 regular-season games will go on sale Saturday, February 18. Opening Day tickets will go on sale at 9:00 a.m. ET, while tickets for the remaining 80 home games will go on sale at 9:30.

Season Ticket Packages: Tickets to Opening Day are included in selected season ticket packages.

Beginning at 9:00 a.m. on February 18, tickets to Opening Day can be purchased by phone at (513) 381-REDS and toll-free (877) 647-REDS, via the internet at www.reds.com and in person at the Great American Ball Park ticket windows at Second and Main Streets, the Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin Hotel downtown and at all area Meijer stores.

Tickets to the remaining 80 games will go on sale at 9:30 a.m. at those same locations.

On February 18, there will be a limit of 6 Opening Day tickets per order. For fans purchasing Opening Day tickets via phone or the internet, there will be a limit of 1 order per credit card or household.

Ticket prices range from $5 to $36. There is an additional $10 charge per each ticket for Opening Day and a $5 charge per each ticket to the holiday weekend series against the Indians.

For fans purchasing tickets at Great American Ball Park or Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin, there will be a line for Opening Day tickets only that opens at 9:00 a.m. and a separate line for tickets to the other 80 games that opens at 9:30. The Pepsi Rally Pack, mascots Mr. Red and Gapper and the Reds Rover will be on hand to entertain fans. Outdoor restroom facilities will be available to fans at GABP.

Beginning Monday, February 20, Great American Ball Park ticket windows will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Also beginning February 20, tickets can be purchased at the Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.

Information on season ticket, group ticket and premium seating packages are available at www.reds.com or by calling (513) 765-7400.

Reds Power Pack On Sale February 11 At Reds.Com

Mon 4/3 Opening Day vs Chi 2:10
Wed 4/5 Second Game vs Chi 12:35
Fri 5/26 Fireworks Night vs Ari 7:10
Fri 6/9 Fireworks Night vs Chi 7:10
Fri 6/30 Fireworks Night vs Cle 7:10
Sat 7/1 Interleague vs Cle 6:10
Sun 7/2 Interleague vs Cle 1:15
Fri 8/18 Fireworks vs Pit 7:10

wheels
02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
That Power Pack is a really nice idea.

I'm almost entertaining the notion of doing it.

KronoRed
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
They should add in all the bobble head nights.

gonelong
02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Early Bird Gets Opening Day...: At 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 11 the Reds will hold a sale only at reds.com for their new 8-game Power Pack promotion that includes tickets for the April 3 Opening Day game, all three games of the Fourth of July weekend series against the Cleveland Indians and all four Fireworks Nights. The limited supply of Power Pack sets will be available only through the team's web site while supplies last.

I almost posted this very thought last week. They always sell out opening day, why not use it to leverage more sales?

Now that's using the old noodle. Bravo.

GL

Space Cowboy
02-02-2006, 12:46 PM
speaking of the bobble head games, has there been any mention of when they are and who will be getting one this year?

Chip R
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
speaking of the bobble head games, has there been any mention of when they are and who will be getting one this year?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42694

Space Cowboy
02-02-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks Chip R

OldRightHander
02-03-2006, 08:52 PM
There is no mention there of the tickets.com outlets that aren't in Meijer stores. They have sold them in past years, but most of those outlets do the stupid lottery system for your place in line so the first one to show up doesn't always get the first place in line. There is one outlet that has always done first come first serve and I have had the first spot in that line the last couple years. I don't want to camp at the stadium or in the Westin lobby for 2 or 3 days like the people do there but I don't want to get stuck in some line that does a lottery system where someone who shows up at 8:55 has the same chance of getting first spot in the line. I have tried the internet before but didn't have really good luck with that. Maybe I'll check out a Meijer store out of Cincinnati to see if they're doing it first come first serve.

creek14
02-04-2006, 07:06 AM
So about this Power Pack thing.

We usually get handicap seats cause the old ankle just can't handle a lot of walking.

They don't sell handicap tickets on line.

You can only buy the Power Pack on line.

I have called the Reds. I have emailed the Reds.

They don't have a answer.

I'm not pleased.

KittyDuran
02-04-2006, 01:53 PM
So about this Power Pack thing.

We usually get handicap seats cause the old ankle just can't handle a lot of walking.

They don't sell handicap tickets on line.

You can only buy the Power Pack on line.

I have called the Reds. I have emailed the Reds.

They don't have a answer.

I'm not pleased.
I think you're out of luck, Creek. (but I hope you get at least an answer from them) Sort of like me last year trying to get 1-2 season tickets in the handicap (not to try to scam, but because I love the view in the mezzanine, but couldn't - even offering my 80+ year old mom as bait to join me;) ). Handicap seats are specialty seats - usually not offered to the general public until right before game time (from my experience). Getting online tickets, in my experience, doesn't not allow you to pinpoint (even handicap seats) the seats that you want - only the sections. What will happen next Saturday will be like anytime you get online to get tickets - you'll get what they will give you (of course, in the 3 sections available for the offer). In the "old" days on Ticketmaster, you could browse and receive other seats if the first wasn't preferred.

BTW, I'm going to try Power Pack (after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).

creek14
02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I think you're out of luck, Creek. (but I hope you get at least an answer from them) Sort of like me last year trying to get 1-2 season tickets in the handicap (not to try to scam, but because I love the view in the mezzanine, but couldn't - even offering my 80+ year old mom as bait to join me;) ). Handicap seats are specialty seats - usually not offered to the general public until right before game time (from my experience). Getting online tickets, in my experience, doesn't not allow you to pinpoint (even handicap seats) the seats that you want - only the sections. What will happen next Saturday will be like anytime you get online to get tickets - you'll get what they will give you (of course, in the 3 sections available for the offer). In the "old" days on Ticketmaster, you could browse and receive other seats if the first wasn't preferred.

BTW, I'm going to try Power Pack (after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).
I might be out of luck, but I'm not going down easy. It's discrimination. I'm going to make a stink about it. And it won't be pretty.

Redsland
02-04-2006, 05:12 PM
The stink won't be pretty? :confused:

:)

KittyDuran
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I might be out of luck, but I'm not going down easy. It's discrimination. I'm going to make a stink about it. And it won't be pretty.Go, girl... :beerme: IMHO, it's the fact that they are putting Opening Day as part of this Power Pack that is the sticking point (and the fact that they are offering this one week before the other tickets go on sale) - I don't think you would have any problem getting any seat (not just the 3 sections) if it was different games.

DJF33
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Maybe I'll check out a Meijer store out of Cincinnati to see if they're doing it first come first serve.

We had always checked out the Meijer store in Troy. It is one of the furthest away from Cincy. A few years ago it worked great. There would be about 15 people there and they did the lottery, which is a tickets.com rule, and it never really bothered me. We got seats the first couple years, but then there began to be more people. There were probably 40+ there last year, and to add to the problems, they couldn't get there machines working right, and only the first couple people got tickets. I also remember similar reports from other meijer locations last year listening to 700 afterwards. I believe there was a meijer that didn't even get any tickets sold in time.
It's all a crap-shoot unless you have nothing to do for 3 days and camp out. I think I would scalp a ticket before camping out that long.
Oh well, good luck to all!:thumbup:

KittyDuran
02-05-2006, 09:39 AM
(after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).Scatch that... it looks like 50 people will get a chance to purchase OD tickets, not get them free... :( but I'm still going to try...

creek14
02-05-2006, 09:42 AM
The stink won't be pretty? :confused:

Correct, the stink won't be pretty. It will resemble the plastic odor left in the GM office at the GAB after DanO cleared out all his binders.

Redsland
02-05-2006, 12:04 PM
If he cleared them out, what's Rick White doing here?

creek14
02-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Kudos to John Allen.

Yes, those are four words I thought I would never use in the same sentence.

A Zoner suggested I email John about the ticket thing. So I did. I sent it at 8 this morning and he responded within 10 minutes, saying someone from ticket sales would call me (where had I heard that before?). But this time someone actually did.

And I'll be able to get the Power Pack in the handicap section. WOOOHOOO.

The ticket guy, (Kevin) who was very nice and very helpful, also told me that they are going to sell handicap seats on line this year.

So since I have always been quick to dog JA, I thought I should be just as quick to praise him.

And man, that hurts. ;)

dougdirt
02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Creek thats good to hear! Hopefully some of us will be able to get power pack tickets also.

Reds Fanatic
02-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Here is the info on the drawing for the 50 chances to buy opening day tickets. You have from today until Wednesday at noon. Then if you are one of the 50 you will be able to purchase your opening day tickets on Friday. This link is the page where you need to register:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/ticketing/openingdayregistration_form.jsp

INTERNET OPENING DAY TICKET REGISTRATION TIMELINE
REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2006 @ 9:00 a.m. ET
REGISTRATION PERIOD ENDS: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2006 @ 12:00 p.m. ET
OPENING DAY RANDOM DRAWING: ON OR ABOUT WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2006
WINNERS NOTIFIED VIA E-MAIL: ON OR ABOUT WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2006
OPENING DAY SALE FOR WINNERS: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2006 @ 9:00 a.m. ET

Also these are the rules for who can enter this drawing.

You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a resident of the 48 contiguous states of the United States, except residents of Rhode Island, at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of The Cincinnati Reds, North American Properties, Castellini Management Company Limited Partnership and Castellini Holding Company and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse of each) and/or household of such persons are not eligible to win.
You must complete and submit registration form located below during the Registration Period to be eligible.
Limit one entry per person. In case of multiple entries for the same individual, only the first entry received will be considered.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will not be valid.
Please be sure to provide an accurate e-mail address. MLB.com and the Reds are not responsible for any e-mail notifications that are bounced back or misdirected.
Address information supplied on registration form must match billing address on the credit card.

max venable
02-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Scatch that... it looks like 50 people will get a chance to purchase OD tickets, not get them free... :( but I'm still going to try...
I've already entered the lottery, too. Could the rest of you please refrain from doing so in order for my chances to be better? Thanks. :thumbup:

KittyDuran
02-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I've already entered the lottery, too. Could the rest of you please refrain from doing so in order for my chances to be better? Thanks. :thumbup:I registered about 9:15am today... Here's hoping! Also, if I'm one of the 50 chosen can purchase 2 tickets - that's one for me and one for someone else... I'll let people know on Friday...:)

traderumor
02-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Kudos to John Allen.

Yes, those are four words I thought I would never use in the same sentence.

A Zoner suggested I email John about the ticket thing. So I did. I sent it at 8 this morning and he responded within 10 minutes, saying someone from ticket sales would call me (where had I heard that before?). But this time someone actually did.

And I'll be able to get the Power Pack in the handicap section. WOOOHOOO.

The ticket guy, (Kevin) who was very nice and very helpful, also told me that they are going to sell handicap seats on line this year.

So since I have always been quick to dog JA, I thought I should be just as quick to praise him.

And man, that hurts. ;)
It's just because John is in his contract year ;)

savafan
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
The Mayor's gone, the Sheriff left before that, so what's that make Castellini?

I would say Emperor.

That's really cool about handicapped tickets being available online!

Chip R
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
I would say Emperor.

That's really cool about handicapped tickets being available online!

Yeah but now creek is going to go all Richard Hand on us and start saying, "The Reds listen to me!" :p:

savafan
02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah but now creek is going to go all Richard Hand on us and start saying, "The Reds listen to me!" :p:
:laugh:

creek14
02-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Have you ever seen Richard and me in the same place at the same time?

We both claim to be from Dayton, you know.

KronoRed
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Have you ever seen Richard and me in the same place at the same time?

We both claim to be from Dayton, you know.
I knew bad stuff was going on up in Dayton ;)

KittyDuran
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Well, I didn't get picked for the lottery... I wonder how many entries they received? Anyhoo, I will be online this Saturday for the Power Pack!:beerme:

max venable
02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I didn't get picked either...Redszoners are 0 for 2 so far.

donnelly_31
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I got picked for the lottery!!! Never been to Opening Day and can't wait to see it all. I am still fired up about the Power Pack and will probably try to purchase it as well!

DJF33
02-09-2006, 08:06 AM
My cousin said he received an email saying he was NOT chosen, is that the case with the rest of you?
I was wondering because I have not received an email at all yet, nor has my father and wife who also signed-up.

KittyDuran
02-09-2006, 08:15 AM
My cousin said he received an email saying he was NOT chosen, is that the case with the rest of you?
I was wondering because I have not received an email at all yet, nor has my father and wife who also signed-up.That's what I received... a reason is that maybe the email addresses are wrong and the team can't get back to you and your family - whether you won or not. (or they haven't gotten all the emails out yet.) :dunno:

Reds Fanatic
02-09-2006, 08:32 AM
I was wondering because I have not received an email at all yet, nor has my father and wife who also signed-up. I also got an email. I think they went out late yesterday afternoon. The subject says something like opportunity to buy opening day tickets and then the email tells you if you won or not and if not tells about the power pack tickets that are going on sale soon.

redsfan30
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I didn't win either, and I also got an email telling me so.

But...I've got 3 more chances to win because I told my mom, dad and girlfriend all to sign up.

kbrake
02-09-2006, 09:30 AM
I havent recieved anything yet either

Red Leader
02-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I thought the drawing was on Friday? :dunno:

I haven't gotten an email response from them either and I KNOW I entered my email address correctly.

KittyDuran
02-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh! I just thought of something... Could your email think that anything from the Reds or MLB is spam? I know that my email here at work has an anti-spam feature that allways catches the Reds and MLB's emails - so I used my home email address...

Red Leader
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh! I just thought of something... Could your email think that anything from the Reds or MLB is spam? I know that my email here at work has an anti-spam feature that allways catches the Reds and MLB's emails - so I used my home email address...

I had thought of this.
Checked my deleted items (where spam emails are automaticaly sent) and no email in there, either.

Reds Fanatic
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
That could be it. I know my anti-spam program at home thought it was spam and put mine in a junk mail folder. If you had it sent to a work address they may have just deleted it if they thought it was spam. Everyone should have got a response by now because for the 50 people the tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9 AM.

BEETTLEBUG
02-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I was not picked either so I will be on Saturday for POWER PACK also.

redsfan30
02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I thought the drawing was on Friday? :dunno:

I haven't gotten an email response from them either and I KNOW I entered my email address correctly.
The 50 winners were to be notified yesterday (Wednesday) and thier opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets is Friday.

KittyDuran
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Oh! I just thought of something... Could your email think that anything from the Reds or MLB is spam? I know that my email here at work has an anti-spam feature that allways catches the Reds and MLB's emails - so I used my home email address...:laugh: My email here at work just kicked out the announcement of the new GM (which was sent out yesterday)...

DJF33
02-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I had thought of this.
Checked my deleted items (where spam emails are automaticaly sent) and no email in there, either.

Same here.
That was my first thought, so I checked all of the emails in my deleted folder, but still nothing.

Red Leader
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
:laugh: My email here at work just kicked out the announcement of the new GM (which was sent out yesterday)...

My luck, I'll get it tomorrow after the time to buy tickets has expired.

KittyDuran
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
For some time reference - I received my email telling me that I was not a winner at 6:50pm last night.

For those who did not get an email - you might want to email someone at the Reds to find out what went on.

KittyDuran
02-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Of course, the Reds could fall back on this part of the contest...

Please be sure to provide an accurate e-mail address. MLB.com and the Reds are not responsible for any e-mail notifications that are bounced back or misdirected.

Joseph
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Like Kitty I got mine at 6:50 EST time last night informing me I was not a winner.

savafan
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I see that now when you buy your tickets online, you can simply print them off yourself on your computer. Have the Reds always done this, because this is the first that I've noticed it. It's a pretty cool feature regardless.

Red Leader
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I still haven't received an email yet. :D

dougdirt
02-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Me either red leader....oh well, gotta get up around 8:30 tomorrow and get my computers ready....goodluck everyone.

beb30
02-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I signed me, my g/f, and my sister up and my sister got picked i bought tickets around 9am this morning and they are 2 tickets in section 419 row H seats 3,4..... still cost $67.64

And I did notice i could print my tickets via email, however i chose to have them sent to me with my luck id lose them since theyd be printed on a thin sheet of paper

KittyDuran
02-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I see that now when you buy your tickets online, you can simply print them off yourself on your computer. Have the Reds always done this, because this is the first that I've noticed it. It's a pretty cool feature regardless.I did that a few times last season - the Dayton Dragons have that feature as well...

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm assuming they'll have some type of actual link up closer to the 9am start time this morning?

The only thing i'm seeing right now is the advertisement stating you can get the PowerPack today.

Anyone?

Moonlite Graham
02-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Hope theres some type of link cause at 830....nothin.

dougdirt
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Goodluck Everyone!

Moonlite Graham
02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Ok its less than 10 min wheres the link???

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Anyone getting anything??

Moonlite Graham
02-11-2006, 09:02 AM
nope

Red in Chicago
02-11-2006, 09:03 AM
great...announce a deal and then don't let anyone in...:eek:

donnelly_31
02-11-2006, 09:04 AM
nothing

dougdirt
02-11-2006, 09:05 AM
this is starting to make me quite nervous.....

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 09:05 AM
nothing for me either and I keep hitting refresh...:(

Moonlite Graham
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
they now have a link but it just takes you to the original announcement

donnelly_31
02-11-2006, 09:07 AM
i don't even show a "buy tickets" link

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Go to tickets.com

They didn't link it from the site, which was idiotic.

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 09:09 AM
plenty of tickets still available.

I could have had like 20 tickets by now. Just can't afford it.

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I got mine - just one seat and the Bleachers... $108.00.

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Still $121 section left...169 and 97 are sold out

dougdirt
02-11-2006, 09:18 AM
buckeye33 you are a God Send! Thank you for the tickets.com idea. Me and a buddy just got our tickets. you can no longer buy 2 tickets together in the bleachers....so goodluck to everyone who hasnt gotten tickets yet and wants more than 1.

reds1869
02-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Just got my tickets in the bleachers, 406 Row H seats 1 and 2. I am pumped about having Opening day tickets!

Sabo Fan
02-11-2006, 09:21 AM
buckeye33 you are a God Send! Thank you for the tickets.com idea. Me and a buddy just got our tickets. you can no longer buy 2 tickets together in the bleachers....so goodluck to everyone who hasnt gotten tickets yet and wants more than 1.

Yeah, no kidding, thanks for the heads up. If it wasn't for Buckeye and Redszone I wouldn't have gotten my bleacher tickets.

I see now that they're linking the purchase page from the main page. Only took them 10-15 minutes. I guess that this Power Pack was such a good idea that they felt they had to screw it up somehow since they're still the Reds.

donnelly_31
02-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I second what dougdirt said muchos gracias buckeye33. My buddy called the ticket office and he said they sounded pretty frantic b/c of the technical problems. I think its Carl Lindner and Dan O'Brien's fault

redsfan30
02-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Just got 4 seats in section 414.

Thank you so so much Buckeye33!!!!

We'd all still be looking around on reds.com...I imagine there are going to be some pretty upset folks with the Reds for misleading us like that.

Moonlite Graham
02-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Ditto on the big props to Buckeye33

You are the man.

Got 2 in section 104 15 rows from the field.

Ex-cel-lent

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I just gave Buckeye33 rep points for the heads up on this issue...:beerme:

Buckeye33
02-11-2006, 09:25 AM
No problem. The Reds are going to have some upset people on there hands. I was sitting there waiting for the link to pop up on reds.com and just thought I'd check tickets.com since that is who sells em normally.

Glad a lot of people saw my post.

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Now they have the link on the front page - but the cheap ($97) are gone...

upsman
02-11-2006, 09:30 AM
just hit best available 2 and ended up in 102 row e,great seats ,was getting very frustrated

Red in Chicago
02-11-2006, 09:34 AM
i can't believe i'm going to opening day:eek:
my first time in 40 years...i'm so excited:beerme:

redsfan30
02-11-2006, 09:36 AM
i can't believe i'm going to opening day:eek:
my first time in 40 years...i'm so excited:beerme:
Opening Day is special! You're going to have a blast!

redsfan30
02-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Looks like the Power Packs are now available in the far corners of the upper deck.

dougdirt
02-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Guess the Reds were worried about the PR hit and put up upper view level seats...probably a good move on their part. Wish those would have been available rather than bleacher seats...oh well, cant complain to much about going to opening day for 20 bucks.

Redmachine2003
02-11-2006, 10:12 AM
well a buddy of mine got me a ticket for my first openning day game. It is in the Sun Deck and I have never been to the new stadium so I am not sure how that area is but hey it is openning day it doesn't matter.

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Guess the Reds were worried about the PR hit and put up upper view level seats...probably a good move on their part. Wish those would have been available rather than bleacher seats...oh well, cant complain to much about going to opening day for 20 bucks.:thumbdown Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted up there as well... but you're right can't complain!

redsfan30
well a buddy of mine got me a ticket for my first openning day game. It is in the Sun Deck and I have never been to the new stadium so I am not sure how that area is but hey it is openning day it doesn't matter.
The sun deck is one of my favorite areas. The view of the game is neat, you're close to the visitors bullpen and you might even catch a homerun ball or two.

KittyDuran
well a buddy of mine got me a ticket for my first openning day game. It is in the Sun Deck and I have never been to the new stadium so I am not sure how that area is but hey it is openning day it doesn't matter.That's the Terrace outfield (right field) RM2003...

redsfan30
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
That's the Terrace outfield (right field) RM2003...
I think the Terrace outfield are the left field seats (101-106) and the Sun Deck is in right field (140-146).

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Guess the Reds were worried about the PR hit and put up upper view level seats...probably a good move on their part. Wish those would have been available rather than bleacher seats...oh well, cant complain to much about going to opening day for 20 bucks.Now there's only view level ($121) left.

KittyDuran
02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the Terrace outfield are the left field seats (101-106) and the Sun Deck is in right field (140-146).That's true - sorry about that - I was having a brain cramp because it used to be when you ordered online both the left and right field was considered Terrace outfield and even if you wanted the Sun Deck you got only the left field seats.

Redmachine2003
02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
It should be a great time. Maybe Dunn or Jr will send me a souvenir.

cooperlamar
02-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Only single tickets left.

I got 3 in Section 104.

alex trevino
02-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Bought the Power pack yesterday...will be my first OD since the move to GAB. :)

djsauter
02-12-2006, 02:14 PM
I won't know if I can go or not 'till closer to opening day.

From past experience, what do you think prices would be going for on gameday outside the gates? I would be looking for two tickets, nothing special, outfield would be fine, even bleachers.

What should I expect to pay?

dougdirt
02-12-2006, 02:17 PM
djsauter....a buddy of mine got outfield tickets last year before the game for $75 each. I dont know if thats good or bad really, but its a start for you on prices to expect. goodluck with them.