PDA

View Full Version : An Obie croney gets the hook

TStuck
02-06-2006, 10:38 AM
This was in the enquirer:

MINOR CHANGE: Reds minor-league infield coordinator Freddie Benavides will handle the responsibilities of minor-league field coordinator until a replacement for Bob Miscik is hired. The Reds fired Miscik Friday.

Anyone know any background on this decision? Did this amount to throwing one of DanO's old binders on the burn pile, or was there a problem with Miscik?

smith288
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Benevides... Havent heard that name in a while.

registerthis
02-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Benevides and Reggie Jefferson stick out in my mind as two great examples of Reds "never-were's" during the late 80s - early 90s period. Guys who just never lived up to what they were billed to become.

CincyReds2003
02-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Benevides and Reggie Jefferson stick out in my mind as two great examples of Reds "never-were's" during the late 80s - early 90s period. Guys who just never lived up to what they were billed to become.

Bring back Rafael Landestoy!!!:D

cincinnati chili
02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Jefferson actually did pretty well when hew as given the chance to play:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/jeffere01.shtml

A little bit more power than Hal Morris and Sean Casey... a little less on-base skill. More injury prone.

Benavides was the true bust.

MrCinatit
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
but hey, we got Tim Costo for him from Cleveland.
then got Mark Lewis for Costo. From Cleveland.
then got David Wells for Lewis from Detroit.
then got Curtis Goodwin for Wells from Baltimore.
then got Mark Hutton from Colorado for Goodwin. then it kind of stops there.
figured there might be someone good in that trade-line eventually. looks like i was wrong.

CySeymour
02-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Bring back Rafael Landestoy!!!:D

Actually, the Reds were able to trade Landestoy for John Franco...that was a "decent" trade :thumbup:

registerthis
02-07-2006, 09:36 AM
but hey, we got Tim Costo for him from Cleveland.
then got Mark Lewis for Costo. From Cleveland.
then got David Wells for Lewis from Detroit.
then got Curtis Goodwin for Wells from Baltimore.
then got Mark Hutton from Colorado for Goodwin. then it kind of stops there.
figured there might be someone good in that trade-line eventually. looks like i was wrong.

Mark Hutton--when I think of great ex-reds, I think of Mark Hutton. He falls in right between Wade Rowdon and Billy Bates.