PDA

View Full Version : Reds Baseball Heaven

Ron Madden
02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
I've been following Lance McAlisters week at Reds Baseball Heaven. ( Through his Blog Page)

Sure seems like a Great time and a lot of Fun. Have any RedsZone members ever had the chance to attend?

If so.. Please share any stories you may have.

Thank You.

Yachtzee
02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
I've never been there, but I think they should make a reality show out of it. Have a bunch of regular joes compete for spots on a team to go up against prominent Reds players of the past. At the end of each day, a person gets voted out of Reds Baseball Heaven and has to go to "Reds Baseball Hell," where they have to perform unpleasant tasks with lesser known former Reds, like doing Denny Reyes' laundry or competing in a match of "Rochambeau" with Josias Manzanillo.

Strikes Out Looking
02-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I went last year. It was the time of my life...and its been killing me all week not being there.

For those of you who can go, I would strongly advise going. The players are great, the staff is great, and what can be bad about playing ball all day?

RFS62
02-11-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4189

dougflynn23
02-11-2006, 02:36 PM
:) I went in 2004, and I literally go through withdrawl every year since. As a lifetime Reds fan, it is the most incredible week possible. The former Reds players are absolutely fantastic, and believe me, you play to win. My team made it to the final game, lost, and we were almost in tears after losing a 2-1 game. Playing baseball in a Reds uniform is cool enough, but the stories told be the ex-Reds are the best part. One night, Jack Billingham stuck around for 2 hours telling stories about the Big Red Machine and Sparky Anderson...stories you never heard as a fan! One of the few complaints I have is that the minimum age of 30 should be older as there are 30/31 year olds who come down there with 70-75 mph sliders that make the 50-60 year old guys have a hard time hitting the ball. Some people wish they could draw bigger name players, but the guys who run the camp say that the George Fosters and Dave Concepcions want a fortune to show up. I'll take the Will McEnaneys, Eddie Taubensees, Doug Flynns, Jim Maloneys, Joel Youngbloods, and Brad Lesley's....they truly enjoy being there. I will go back again.

RollyInRaleigh
02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Great time! Loved every minute.

Ron Madden
02-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys,

Sure seems like a fantastic week and one to be remembered forever.

BoydsOfSummer
02-12-2006, 09:28 AM
At the end of each day, a person gets voted out of Reds Baseball Heaven and has to go to "Reds Baseball Hell," where they have to perform unpleasant tasks with lesser known former Reds, like doing Denny Reyes' laundry or competing in a match of "Rochambeau" with Josias Manzanillo.

Or, just send them to Dodger Heaven, the equivelant of Reds baseball hell.