PDA

View Full Version : Im ready for Opening Day!!

GridironGrace
02-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Football ends today after the pro bowl.. then its BASEBALL time in Cincy.

Unlike some posts ive seen im OPTIMISTIC about the season and cant wait to cheer for the Reds once again. Im liking the front office changes, and the ownership change, as most articles are written about rebuilding a contender in cincy.

Cant wait to see a few more changes, and a winning season!!

Lets Go Reds!!!

Tommyjohn25
02-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Funny, I was about to start a thread just like this one as the first REAL wave of that old "baseball feeling" just came over me about five minutes ago! I don't totally share in your optimism, though I do like the FO moves. But hey, anything is possible, that's why they play the games right?

GO REDS!!

Caveman Techie
02-12-2006, 11:05 AM
While, emotionally I'm right there with you chomping at the bit for baseball season to start.

In my head I know that unless something drastic happens, like Eric Milton starting to channel the spirit (and arm) of Cy Young it's going to be a long season.

Some things that might get me through though are: watching Harang progress (hopefully), watching Krivsky progress :) , and seeing if Felipe was just having a career year or if he's the real deal. All of this is what I'm looking forward to.

GridironGrace
02-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Well there are good things about our team.

We can score on anyone... one of the most potent offense's in scoring and HR's last season. If we can get our Team ERA down....we can win alot of ball games.

Pitching killed us last year... we'd score 8 runs and lose.. that cant happen lol

Im a Reds fan.. so i cheer them to win regardless of how thier playing.. I feel we can have a good season but like i said our TEAM ERA must DROP in order to do well.. The offense is there, and some of the pitching is there. I look for a great improvement overall in our team this season and cant wait to watch :)

Joseph
02-12-2006, 11:19 AM
To my dad, baseball season didn't start until the UK basketball season ended, but as I'm not much at all a basketball fan [still, go UK] it started for me the minute the Bengals were done, ie when Carson got hurt. :)

Though anymore it's a year round experience.

OnBaseMachine
02-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I can't wait either. Thankfully, I've got college baseball to hold me over until Opening Day.

FrenchD1
02-12-2006, 11:49 AM
People are excited about baseball this year...

There's already people camping out for opening day tickets. I heard about it yesterday and a friend and I drove down to GABP and there are 8 TENTS set up already!! We couldn't believe it. We were going to try camping out but if people are going to get there that early, forget it. We might just try our luck online. Usually we can't get any that way, but this year we might give it another try.

How can anybody drop their entire life for 7 days just to camp out for Reds tickets? I can understand 1 or 2 days, but 7?!?! Wow! I'll have to keep an eye on the news to see who this guy is, but I'm almost positive I know who it is...I bet it's that same guy that was there on Tuesday last year. His name's Nick.

I'm thinking though, that Monday morning when the Reds office people show up for work they may send them home just for safety reasons and tell them to come back wednesday or thursday.

KronoRed
02-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Go Reds

westofyou
02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I bet it's that same guy that was there on Tuesday last year. His name's Nick.

Nick Schanz, stand aside. You've been trumped in a big way. According to reports from the front, our first diehards to camp out for Opening Day tickets are already in place. At about 6:15 p.m. Friday, Brian Geary and Louis Hatfield took their place as the first in line for tickets, which go on sale NEXT Saturday at 9 a.m. Geary is reportedly taking a week's vacation from his job at Good Samaritan Hospital.

Opening Day tickets sold out in a record 12 minutes last year, but of course you can get them on the phone and via the internet instead of camping out for more than a week. That won't stop our men Geary and Hatfield, though. Hope you're enjoying tonight's snow, boys!

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Back before WW1 there was a local Cincinnati guy who was first in line for OD tickets 3 or 4 years in a row.

FrenchD1
02-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for posting westofyou. I couldn't find any more info about it online...I can't believe it's not Nick. I didn't know anybody else would camp out for that long!

Little Alex
02-12-2006, 03:09 PM
poor use of time management, given the fact that camping there wont be a very pleasant experience.

If he just worked all week and saved his vacation time, he'd probably have made enough to buy some of the best seats in the house, AND he'd get to be warm at night in his home.

But whatever... I'm thinking too much I guess.

Red Hot Mama
02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
To my dad, baseball season didn't start until the UK basketball season ended...I didn't realize basketball was so big in Brittain.

Woo...I donated blood today. Can you tell?:runaway:

KittyDuran
02-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I didn't realize basketball was so big in Brittain.

Woo...I donated blood today. Can you tell?:runaway:I'd say - is there two "t"s in Britain???;)

Red Hot Mama
02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I'd say - is there two "t"s in Britain???;)See second senttence of original postt. Now made worse by tthe factt tthatt I had a margaritta att my brotther's birtthday partty. Notthing like a littttle ttequilla when you're running a quartt low. Double woo!:runaway: :runaway:

Neverttheless, good cattch.