PDA

View Full Version : Weaver again?

Hubba
02-13-2006, 09:50 AM
February 13
Orange County Register (scroll down) (registration required): "If Weaver likes living and working in Southern California, he'll probably settle for a one-year deal with the Angels with an option on a second year that would become guaranteed if he reaches certain statistical plateaus.The Cincinnati Reds also are rumored to be interested in Weaver."

This would be good (The only thing left)

flyer85
02-13-2006, 10:04 AM
The Reds should stay far away.

Jpup
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
February 13
Orange County Register (scroll down) (registration required): "If Weaver likes living and working in Southern California, he'll probably settle for a one-year deal with the Angels with an option on a second year that would become guaranteed if he reaches certain statistical plateaus.The Cincinnati Reds also are rumored to be interested in Weaver."
This would be good (The only thing left)

The question is who was interested? O'brien, Kullman, or Krivsky?

deltachi8
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
This would be bad.

KronoRed
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Please no.

Waste of cash and time.

Joseph
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Please no.

Waste of cash and time.

And baseballs.

redsfan30
02-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Outfield seating sales at Great American Ball Park would go through the roof. Two days out of five, you have at least a 75% chance of catching an Eric Milton or Jeff Weaver homerun ball.

"Power of tradition", huh? I guess the new tradition is trying to leave the rest of the league in the dust when it comes to giving up homeruns.

Hubba
02-13-2006, 02:58 PM
The question is who was interested? O'brien, Kullman, or Krivsky?it was dated today.If he dont pan out he can be traded for prospects at the deadline.

redsfan30
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
If he dont pan out he can be traded for prospects at the deadline.
How could you trade him if he didn't pan out though? If he didn't pan out, that means his numbers suck which means nobody's going to be real excited about trading prospects for him.

harangatang
02-13-2006, 03:25 PM
The question is who was interested? O'brien, Kullman, or Krivsky?

O'Brien said before he was fired that he was not interested in signing Jeff Weaver. So that leaves Kullman and Krivsky. I think it is personally Krivsky because Weaver would be a decent holdover for a year until he can some new young arms.

HalMorrisRules
02-13-2006, 03:34 PM
This rumor has been on ESPN.com long before Krivsky took over.

flyer85
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
it was dated today.If he dont pan out he can be traded for prospects at the deadline.Like we did with Eric Milton. :help:

RedLegSuperStar
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Balk at this... He had a better year last year.. but he's not worth 9 Mil, He's not worth that over 2 years. I'll take my chances with Wilsons bum arm and Miltons personal batting practice.

redsfan30
02-13-2006, 03:57 PM
but he's not worth 9 Mil, He's not worth that over 2 years.
This is my thinking as well. If you could get him here on a $2MM or $3MM deal then I'd rethink my stance. But for the $9MM he is asking for? :eek:

alex trevino
02-13-2006, 08:39 PM
no weaver please

savafan
02-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Apparently Jared Weaver is possibly Cincy bound ;) Clearly, this has to be a mistake on the letter writer's part.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/021306dnspochat.244f7ce2.html

Jayson in Arlington: Do the Rangers go after Jared Weaver if they fail to lure the Rocket to Arlington? Or do they really need to take a risk on him? I think Rupe or Dominguez would be just as good, if not better bets. Thanks Evan. Great work.

Evan Grant: I don't think so. It sounds to me like Weaver will end up with the Los Angeles Angels or Cincinnati. The Rangers would be willing to make a pitch for Clemens because, well, he's Clemens and he'd basically pay for himself in increased revenue. Weaver would not. It would not be quite the no-risk situation of Clemens.

redsfan30
02-14-2006, 09:56 AM
If he comes cheap, consider it. If he won't come for anything less than $5 million, stay far.....far away.

timmario66
02-15-2006, 03:20 PM
According to si.com:

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Signed pitcher Jeff Weaver, who had been with the Los Angeles Dodgers, to a one-year contract.

Everyone take a deep breath.