PDA

View Full Version : Reds week on FSN Ohio starts Feb. 20th

savafan
02-14-2006, 10:23 AM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060213&content_id=1310485&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- FSN Ohio has designated the week of February 20, "Reds Week," and will feature a series of locally and nationally produced shows during the primetime hours of 7 to 10 pm. Steve Liverani, Vice President and General Manager, FSN Ohio, made the announcement.

"Reds Week" will originate from Club 4192 at Great American Ball Park, with FSN Ohio anchors guiding viewers through the programming line-up, and talking with a variety of special guests each night.

Locally produced shows include the 1990 Reds Special, a 30-minute documentary highlighting that special season, featuring never before seen interviews with the players who made the headlines - including Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, and Rob Dibble. The Ken Griffey Junior Special reveals a side of the slugger's life that would never be seen during the baseball season, including behind-the-scenes moments as a father and husband. And finally, In My Own Words with Bob Castellini, features the new owner of the Reds in a one-on-one interview with George Grande. Mr. Castellini talks about his plans for the upcoming season and beyond.

Hall of Fame specials featuring Tony Perez, Sparky Anderson, Tom Seaver and Marty Brennaman are included in the nationally produced shows throughout the week.

"Reds Week on FSN Ohio is certain to get Cincinnati fans primed for the upcoming season," said Liverani. "Our viewers can look forward to a week of exclusive Reds programming that captures the history and tradition of this storied franchise."

Jpup
02-14-2006, 10:33 AM
If only I could get it. :(

Chip R
02-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Wow! I can't believe they are actually doing this. Did someone from the Reds new marketing department kick them in the ass? I have all the Fox sports channels and on several of them they have shows about their baseball team.

savafan
02-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow! I can't believe they are actually doing this. Did someone from the Reds new marketing department kick them in the ass? I have all the Fox sports channels and on several of them they have shows about their baseball team.

Another sign that things are changing around here. I'm excited, the Ken Griffey Jr. special sounds particularly interesting.

Chip R
02-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Another sign that things are changing around here. I'm excited, the Ken Griffey Jr. special sounds particularly interesting.

Is Gallagher going to guest star? :devil:

Joseph
02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Wonderful news indeed. I hope this means more Reds promotions and advertising in general.

redsfan30
02-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Fantastic!!!!

Can't wait!

Yachtzee
02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder if that is just Fox Sports Cincinnati or all of Fox Sports Ohio now that the Indians have moved to their own channel.

HalMorrisRules
02-14-2006, 11:55 AM
I have a wishlist on my TIVO for "reds" and I saw these were going to be on so I put them on a Season Pass so I wouldnt miss any of them. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them.

bucksfan
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I wonder if that is just Fox Sports Cincinnati or all of Fox Sports Ohio now that the Indians have moved to their own channel.

My question too...anyone know??

Heath
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't think that Fox would miss a beat showing the Reds to everyone in Ohio.

I also wouldn't be shocked if the Indians offered their network to places in southern Ohio.

Chip R
02-14-2006, 02:23 PM
And finally, In My Own Words with Bob Castellini, features the new owner of the Reds in a one-on-one interview with George Grande. Mr. Castellini talks about his plans for the upcoming season and beyond.

"Mr. Castellini, when you were in St. Louis, how well did you get to know Jim Edmonds?" ;)

TeamBoone
02-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Over the past week or two, there's a Reds commercial airing a lot (Joe Morgan narrates; something about "tradition"). Hopefully, they'll be adding even more.

Chip, is that billboard still up in your neck of the woods?

KronoRed
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Only Reds billboards I've seen say "It's coming 4/3/06"

1 problem with them

You have to be REALLY close to see it says Reds at the bottom ;)

vaticanplum
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Bodes well for this team gaining some press, some fans, some money, some wins...

but I won't get too far ahead of myself. I am superjealous though. Would you southern Ohioites mind giving reports when this stuff comes along?

Chip R
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Over the past week or two, there's a Reds commercial airing a lot (Joe Morgan narrates; something about "tradition"). Hopefully, they'll be adding even more.

Chip, is that billboard still up in your neck of the woods?

Yeah. But the light is out on it and you can hardly see it at night since most of it is black. There's another one just west of I-75 up by Evendale too. It's not really facing I-75 but more of a street off of there.

Chip R
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM

It looks like these shows will be on both Fox Sports Ohio channels. :thumbup:

traderumor
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
It looks like these shows will be on both Fox Sports Ohio channels. :thumbup:That would be awesome.

Yachtzee
02-17-2006, 12:47 AM
It looks like these shows will be on both Fox Sports Ohio channels. :thumbup:

Yep. I checked my Tivo settings and it already picked up the Reds Week shows for recording. I wonder if this means FS Ohio will show Reds Games up here this year.

bucksfan
02-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Yep. I checked my Tivo settings and it already picked up the Reds Week shows for recording. I wonder if this means FS Ohio will show Reds Games up here this year.

My listings show the Reds week stuff too. I hope we get some games this year!!!