PDA

View Full Version : Red's Songs?

djsauter
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi All,
I was listening to "Tessie" (red sox's song) and I was thinking if the Reds have anything the equivilent?

Maybe not official, but something which has come to represent the team over the years? Chant, song, cry? Just wondering..

If not, we need something.

Matt700wlw
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
"Hooray for the Cincinnati Reds" is the one that comes to mind...

westofyou
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I was listening to "Tessie" (red sox's song)

Co-opted from early 20th century Red Sox (Americans) lore, otherwise no one whistled it after WW1 until someone brought it up.

vaticanplum
02-15-2006, 10:44 PM
I have spend an inordinate amount of my life searching for baseball songs and I've always had trouble with the Reds. There are an awful lot of great obscure songs out there for the most random teams, but off the top of my head I can't think of a single Reds one. I'd be interested to know this too.

TeamBoone
02-15-2006, 11:03 PM
There are some decent songs on the CD that came out in 2003 (Blessid Union); every one was written especially for the Reds.

roby
02-15-2006, 11:32 PM
How about "The whole town's batty about Cincinnati?"

GADawg
02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
ever hear the Reds version of "talkin' baseball"? "big Klu, big Klu"(instead of Say Hey)....can't remember what year that was without actually walking my lazy butt down the steps to look but I do know that I crack up everytime I hear the line..."this is the season for Hurdle and Driessen so let's play ball"...classic.

Cyclone792
02-16-2006, 12:43 AM
There are some decent songs on the CD that came out in 2003 (Blessid Union); every one was written especially for the Reds.

Highly ironic to go back and watch the music video to Blessed Union of Soul's Field of Dreams. In that music video you see Aaron Boone lip-synching "I wanna be your hero ... "

Well, only about seven months after appearing in that music video and telling you he wanted to be your hero, Boone did become a hero ... to millions of New York Yankees fans (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/baseballs_best/mlb_bb_gamepage.jsp?story_page=bb_03alcs_gm7_bosny a).

BCubb2003
02-16-2006, 01:06 AM
Lil' Flip's "Gotta Be Me"

I'm like the Cincinnati Reds I'm playin ball for the pennant
and if I fall while I'm tryin I start from the beginning
they say practice make perfect and it really paid off
I'm my own boss now so I can't get laid off

minus5
02-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Is that Blessid Union thing worth picking up? Some of the songs already mentioned would make a great compliation CD. I'm adding a room to my house that will be strictly a bar, this stuff would make for some great listening to before games :beerme:

max venable
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
anyone remember this jingle from an old radio commercial (had to be in the early 80's--I think it was for Marathon...not sure about that)

Gee it's good to be back here again...
With the Cincinnati Reds playin'----base-ball again.

That's where my heart has always been...
With the Cincinnati Reds playin'----base-ball again.

corny, I know, but that song has been stuck in my head for years. :rolleyes:

Tommyjohn25
02-16-2006, 09:40 AM
I personally loved the Blessid Union CD. It's been the first thing I play in the morning on opening day since I got it. Some of it's kinda cheesy, but alot of it is rather good.

scounts22
02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
I personally loved the Blessid Union CD. It's been the first thing I play in the morning on opening day since I got it. Some of it's kinda cheesy, but alot of it is rather good.

I love it too!!! It's great, I agree that some of it is cheesy, but that's what makes it wonderful!!! My personal favorite song on the CD is "Go Home". I think that's what it's called. I've heard it played at the games some times when the starting pitcher of the opposing team gets taken out. It's sweet.

"Go home...you're done...hit the showers. Thanks for the runs you bum! You got rocked. So just beat it. You got the hook, GO HOME!" :mooner:

CySeymour
02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
ever hear the Reds version of "talkin' baseball"? "big Klu, big Klu"(instead of Say Hey)....can't remember what year that was without actually walking my lazy butt down the steps to look but I do know that I crack up everytime I hear the line..."this is the season for Hurdle and Driessen so let's play ball"...classic.

...Soto and Berenyi have the steam...

minus5
02-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I love it too!!! It's great, I agree that some of it is cheesy, but that's what makes it wonderful!!! My personal favorite song on the CD is "Go Home". I think that's what it's called. I've heard it played at the games some times when the starting pitcher of the opposing team gets taken out. It's sweet.

"Go home...you're done...hit the showers. Thanks for the runs you bum! You got rocked. So just beat it. You got the hook, GO HOME!" :mooner:

Guess I am going to have to pick that one up.

scounts22
02-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Guess I am going to have to pick that one up.

Heck yes, that's money well spent! :D

baron23
02-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Anybody know where I can find that Blessed Union of Souls CD? I've been searching online, especially E-Bay, for a while now without any luck. We drive up from Louisville about 15-20 times a year, and that CD would be great to listen to on the way to the game.

minus5
02-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Anybody know where I can find that Blessed Union of Souls CD? I've been searching online, especially E-Bay, for a while now without any luck. We drive up from Louisville about 15-20 times a year, and that CD would be great to listen to on the way to the game.

I believe that they sell in in the Reds Gift Shop.

Highlifeman21
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Highly ironic to go back and watch the music video to Blessed Union of Soul's Field of Dreams. In that music video you see Aaron Boone lip-synching "I wanna be your hero ... "

Well, only about seven months after appearing in that music video and telling you he wanted to be your hero, Boone did become a hero ... to millions of New York Yankees fans (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/baseballs_best/mlb_bb_gamepage.jsp?story_page=bb_03alcs_gm7_bosny a).

The even better part about that Field of Dreams video is that you have a collection of Ryan Dempster, Danny Graves, Sean Casey, Aaron Boone and Barry Larkin singing. Sadly, all of them are no longer with...

westofyou
02-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Sadly, all of them are no longer with...

That's what happens when you paint the walls with mud.

creek14
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
The past few seasons the Red's song has pretty much been The Party's Over.

TeamBoone
02-16-2006, 11:37 AM

I've never seen videos to any of the songs on that CD. You wouldn't happen to have an online link?????

I love the CD and begin playing it in March. Little Team Griffey even knows the words to several of the songs... the first time it's popped into the CD player for the season, he's all smiles (I am too)!

BTW, any of you who would like the CD but can't find it, I'd be happy to burn you a copy for the price of postage and a padded envelope. PM me.

HalMorrisRules
02-16-2006, 12:13 PM

For some strange reason I have remembered that guys name ever since I saw him on an episode of The Baseball Bunch when I was a kid.. His name is Terry Cashman. Among other songs he has written is a song called "One Stop Along the Way" which is about Johhny Bench. Here are a couple of links about him:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/cashman.html

http://www.americanoriginalscds.com/tcnl.html

Yachtzee
02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
"The Reds are on the radio!"

Dunner44
02-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Some of the songs on that CD are so outdated... like when they give praise to Dempsters fastball... but I love BUoS, so I bought the CD.

My personal favorite song is the one DLo got stuck with the last few years as his batting song b/c he didn't pick one.... it just goes "Hey cincinnati... GO REDS"

classy

TeamBoone
02-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Some of the songs on that CD are so outdated... like when they give praise to Dempsters fastball... but I love BUoS, so I bought the CD.

Yes, but only about 3 songs mention players' names. Plus, I still like the ones that do... it was the state of things in 2003 when the team moved into the GAB.

Field of Dreams always makes me think of Stenson. And, believe it or not, Ryan Freel always comes to mind when I hear I Wanna Be Your Hero.

Tommyjohn25
02-16-2006, 02:41 PM
AHHH! All this talk about the Bessid CD is making me want to go get it and play it now! But that would be breaking my opening day routine! MUST.................

FIGHT......URGE................................... ...

BE STRONG!!!

scounts22
02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Me too dude, I don't think I'm strong enough to resist the urge. I'm wearing my Dunn jersey to work tomorrow. I have baseball fever. Bad.

scounts22
02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
AHHH! All this talk about the Bessid CD is making me want to go get it and play it now! But that would be breaking my opening day routine! MUST.................

FIGHT......URGE................................... ...

BE STRONG!!!

Me too dude, I don't think I'm strong enough to resist the urge. I'm wearing my Dunn jersey to work tomorrow. I have baseball fever. Bad.

scounts22
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Wow...don't know what happened with that last post and I can't feakin delete it...it's late...and now I'm talking to myself. :help:

TeamBoone
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow...don't know what happened with that last post and I can't feakin delete it...it's late...and now I'm talking to myself. :help:

I'm listening!

scounts22
02-17-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm listening!

Thanks! :D

minus5
02-17-2006, 08:53 AM
I found the Red's version of Talkin' Baseball last night online and listened to it a few times, along with the play by play of Rose's 4192 hit (found that online too). Good times....good times.....

KearnsyEars
02-17-2006, 10:52 AM

that is an awesome cd

I don't have it but its called Play Ball

they play a song after a victory and its really cool