PDA

View Full Version : Bengals extend Marvin Lewis through 2010

max venable
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5086 Great move, IMO!

Marvin: “The stability of our excellent staff will be a key as we continue building toward a world championship team."

alex trevino
02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I like it.

Caveat Emperor
02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
The first of (hopefully) many teams realizing that the knee-jerk "FIRE THE COACH!" reaction after a season where the team failed to live up to expectations is not the way to go.

The Pittsburgh model (players are replaceable if the coaching is of a high calibur) is one that should be emulated in the NFL, IMO.

MrCinatit
02-16-2006, 07:13 PM
looking at the team's record before and since Lewis took over, this is a spectacular move.

mbgrayson
02-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Congratulations Marv!

traderumor
02-18-2006, 03:57 PM
The first of (hopefully) many teams realizing that the knee-jerk "FIRE THE COACH!" reaction after a season where the team failed to live up to expectations is not the way to go.

The Pittsburgh model (players are replaceable if the coaching is of a high calibur) is one that should be emulated in the NFL, IMO.When did Cowher become a coach of high calibur? :evil:

TeamBoone
02-18-2006, 03:59 PM

The Pittsburgh model (players are replaceable if the coaching is of a high calibur) is one that should be emulated in the NFL, IMO.

I think the Bengals lived up to expectations... probably even exceeded them.

The Pittsburgh model... I've never heard that one before.

traderumor
02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I think the Bengals lived up to expectations... probably even exceeded them.

The Pittsburgh model... I've never heard that one before.It starts with a fat running back...then you take out the knees of the opposing QB....oh man, I'm bitter :evil:

WMR
02-18-2006, 05:23 PM
It starts with a fat running back...then you take out the knees of the opposing QB....oh man, I'm bitter :evil:

Don't forget to celebrate loudly and jubilantly as the maimed QB is being carted off the field.

traderumor
02-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Don't forget to celebrate loudly and jubilantly as the maimed QB is being carted off the field.
Do you wave your yellow towel then, or not?

WMR
02-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Do you wave your yellow towel then, or not?

Well, I was talking about the players on the field, but for the fans in the bleachers, yep, you bet.

Only instead of the circular motion you shake it up and down in a "bye bye" motion.

TeamBoone
02-18-2006, 08:07 PM
oh man, I'm bitter :evil:

Me too, traderumor... me too.

max venable
02-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Me too, traderumor... me too.
Me three. :thumbdown