PDA

View Full Version : Krivsky to chat online with fans (2/23)

TeamBoone
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
02/23/2006 6:42 PM ET
Krivsky to chat online with fans
Reds to participate in Web chat every Monday during camp
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Want a direct line to air your thoughts to Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky?
You'll have your chance on Monday.

Krivsky, who was hired Feb. 8 by chief executive officer Bob Castellini, will be taking part in a live Web chat on reds.com and MLB.com on Monday from 11:30 a.m.- 12 p.m. ET. To participate in the chat, fans must register ahead of time.

Before joining Cincinnati in his first general manager job, Krivsky had served as Twins assistant GM under Terry Ryan since 1994. He also spent 14 years in the same position with the Rangers and started in the Texas front office in 1977.

Every Monday during Spring Training, a different Reds team member will participate in Web chats with fans.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060223&content_id=1320709&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Yachtzee
02-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow, that's cool. Not as cool as Krivsky coming to visit Redszone, but cool just the same.

GridironGrace
02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
dangit... once again im a bit late on the news lol ... this would be cool but im gonna be out during that time :(

Mario-Rijo
02-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Man just my luck I'll be out of town that day and I am half likely to be sans internet. Could someone please get him to comment on improving team defense?! My view is very simple we have offense and our pitching is something we will likely have to develop, but we can improve the defense w/o spending a lot of money or giving up our future or much of the solid present. I just want to hear Krivsky infer that improving the defense is something he is heavily considering early on to give the pitchers we do have a chance to be succesful Right now!

I would appreciate it if someone would touch on this, as I believe Krivsky would jump to answer this as he will hear plenty on Monday about our pitching woes, offense and potential transactions.

Also someone please thank Mr. Castellini for at least having a fans perspective in this day & age of Misers. And for getting us out of the dark ages! Thanks guys and I will catch ya on Monday evening!
:thumbup:

RedEye
02-23-2006, 11:22 PM
My god, it really seems like the Reds front office is in a renaissance of sorts. That sure is novel, eh? The idea that a GM could actually interact with fans on that newfangled thang called the internet... welcome to the 21st century! This is the third big reason so far to be positive about Kriv and Cast incorporated:

1) Firing DanO
2) Signing Dunn to LTC
3) Showing interest in communicating with fans

Woo-wee! :)

Shaknb8k
02-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I for one will be there. Trying to come up with a good questions about the draft this year. Im open for some questions for those of yall who wont be able to get online at that time.

TeamBoone
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
REMINDER: If you're not registered at MLB, make sure you do it ahead of time.

Jr's Boy
02-24-2006, 01:37 AM
I hope the Monday after that one they'll have John Allen on.

johngalt
02-24-2006, 02:33 AM
My god, it really seems like the Reds front office is in a renaissance of sorts. That sure is novel, eh? The idea that a GM could actually interact with fans on that newfangled thang called the internet... welcome to the 21st century! This is the third big reason so far to be positive about Kriv and Cast incorporated:

1) Firing DanO
2) Signing Dunn to LTC
3) Showing interest in communicating with fans

Woo-wee! :)

Not that I'm the biggest DanO supporter in the world, but O'Brien did do a couple of chats online last season through Cincinnati.com.

TeamBoone
02-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Bump.

I want to be sure that interested parties don't forget this... it's tomorrow!!