PDA

View Full Version : Is there a statute of limitations on nipple pinching?

savafan
03-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Happened to me a lot in high school. I want justice now for all of that pain I had to endure :rolleyes: This no tolerance society we live in is ridiculous.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/03/02/national/a154702S54.DTL&type=bondage

A teen who pinched and twisted another boy's nipple while standing in line at a deli has been sentenced to four days in juvenile detention because he refused to write a letter that explained his actions.

David Thumler, 16, was convicted of offensive physical touching in July 2005, after the victim's parents complained to police. The Crater High School student paid a $67 fine and served three days of community service.

"I emptied trash cans, mowed lawns and shoveled gravel," Thumler said.

But Thumler's refusal to comply with the final piece of his sentence will cost him four days in detention. He was required to write the letter during four classes put on by Mediation Works, which operates the victim-offender program for Jackson County Community Justice.

Mary Miller, executive director of Mediation Works, said the purpose of the letter is to prepare teens to be accountable for their offenses.

"They don't have to apologize," she said. "But they are required to be accountable."

The offender is required to describe the act in detail, explain "thinking errors,""express empathy" and describe any resultant life changes.

Miller said the program is "often a very, very healing experience between the victim and youth offender."

Thumler said he presented a rough draft of his letter in the third session. He said he balked when told he must also describe his "criminal thought processes."

He said that would imply malicious or criminal intent, and "none of that applied to my feelings or actions."

Thumler said he had no criminal intent because he considered the victim to be a friend at the time of the incident — which he deemed horseplay. Including the language sought by Mediation Works, he said, would turn his prior court statements into lies.

"It was a matter of conscience," Thumler said. "I figure the worst is already over."

Ken Chapman, a Community Justice juvenile probation supervisor, verified Thumler's sentence.

"The judge found a willful violation of the court order," Chapman said.

creek14
03-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm not going to touch this one.

So to speak.

max venable
03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
In college, my buddies and I used to whack each other in the nuts. I thumped by buddy Phil so bad once that he was p-o'ed at me for a week.

Hope he doesn't see this article and call the cops on me. What is the statue of limitations for something like that? :confused:

RedsBaron
03-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm going to give this thread a wide breast so I do not inadvertently say something inappropriate and make a boob out of myself.