PDA

View Full Version : ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU on the same game is just wrong.

Playadlc
03-04-2006, 10:00 PM
That's all there is to it, it is wrong.

dougdirt
03-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Agreed. Whats even worse is I have two tvs in my room here, and ESPN2 is about a half to full second ahead of ESPN with their coverage. It makes no sense.

captainmorgan07
03-04-2006, 10:03 PM
espn is the duke butt kissing channel and mike patrick is first in line

KronoRed
03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah..no other basketball games going on now :rolleyes:

dougdirt
03-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I would say Dick Vitale is first in line, but yes ESPN absolutely LOVES Duke.

KYRedsFan
03-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Championship season in college hoops, and they pull this crap. Serious reach around from ESPN continues. It's beyond obvious. They have no credibility in their college basketball coverage.

Playadlc
03-04-2006, 10:20 PM
As if the American Express commercials weren't enough, isn't this all-access Duke senior night ESPN is running, showing the hugs from players, etc. and giving them wall-to-wall coverage another amazing recruiting tool??

I mean...if I'm a recruit thinking between Duke and other schools, watching tonight, I'm pretty moved and thinking, wow, look how Duke cares for each other and the exposure I'll get.

It's sickening.

dougdirt
03-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but if you want to play in the NBA, you dont go to Duke. OK, let me rephrase, is you want to be someone in the NBA, you dont go to Duke. For whatever reason the guys they put in the NBA just arent nearly as good as they were in college....with only a few exceptions.

max venable
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
I boycotted it. I'm so sick of Duke I could puke. I don't even know who won yet.

redsfanmia
03-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Duke is on television more than Leave it to Beaver reruns and im sick of them. Duke and North Carolina are the Yankees and the Red Sox of the NCAA.

bucksfan
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I will say that I have frequently enjoyed Duke's style of basketbal over the past several years. However, through whoever's fault, I too am sick of the lovefest. I thought it reached ridiculous proportions last night with the multiple broadcasts also. Duke/UNC is a very good rivalry to be sure. But it seems ESPN is going way out of their way to over-promote it. I don't blame the kids playing for the school, for sure, but it really is starting to wear on me also.

Matt700wlw
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
That's all there is to it, it is wrong.

It's not wrong. It's just dumb.

Revering4Blue
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Duke and North Carolina are the Yankees and the Red Sox of the NCAA.

More like the G.M and Microsoft of the NCAA B-ball world.

They don't recruit..they select.

I will say this: Roy Williams is giving Coach K a run-for-the-money in the race for the role of best coach on the planet-pro or college.

Blimpie
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I heard on the radio yesterday that Duke was on one of the ESPN channels for 28 of their games this season.....so far. To put things in comparison, the Kentucky Wildcats were on ESPN and family for 15 games this year.

Blimpie
03-06-2006, 04:55 PM
More like the G.M and Microsoft of the NCAA B-ball world.

They don't recruit..they select.

I will say this: Roy Williams is giving Coach K a run-for-the-money in the race for the role of best coach on the planet-pro or college.I have never been very hot on Roy in the past. However, what he has done with a UNC team this year that lost its top seven scorers from a year ago....simply amazing.

But, I still only give Williams the # 2 spot for Coach of the Year. That award this year belongs to Bruce Pearl at Tennessee.

max venable
03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I have never been very hot on Roy in the past. However, what he has done with a UNC team this year that lost its top seven scorers from a year ago....simply amazing.

But, I still only give Williams the # 2 spot for Coach of the Year. That award this year belongs to Bruce Pearl at Tennessee.
Does Thad Matta get any love? His team was picked to finish 6th in the Big Ten.

Blimpie
03-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Does Thad Matta get any love? His team was picked to finish 6th in the Big Ten.Yes he does. I believe that if Memphis stumbles this weekend and Ohio State does not--then OSU deserves the final # 1 seed (over Texas). Considering how strong the Big 10 ended up being this year, I think Matta is right there in the conversation for Coach of the Year.

bucksfan
03-08-2006, 12:26 PM
IMO any of the 3 (Pearl, Williams, Matta) would be very good choices. Hard to compare them and say "this guy did a better job than that guy", but that's the fun of these kind of awards - the discussion they provoke. I would have a hard time arguing with any of the choices.