PDA

View Full Version : Thief breaks into Rey Olmedo's vehicle at ST

jmcclain19
03-06-2006, 02:39 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060305/NEWS/603050787

Thief breaks into player's vehicle

STAFF REPORT

EAST MANATEE -- For the second time in less than a week, authorities say, thieves have targeted a major league baseball player's vehicle.

The latest burglary and theft happened sometime after 10 p.m. Thursday in the 6300 block of Rosefinch Court at the Summerfield Hollow condominiums, according to Manatee County sheriff's reports.

That's where Ray Olmedo, shortstop and second baseman with the Cincinnati Reds, is living. Olmedo, 24, could not be reached for comment, and authorities did not immediately identify what was stolen from his vehicle.

Last week, Tampa Bay Devil Rays pitcher Casey Fossum woke up at his new house in Heritage Harbour, in East Manatee, and saw teammate Scott Kazmir's Cadillac Escalade up on concrete blocks. Someone jacked up the sport utility vehicle and stole its wheels, authorities said.

I wonder if Kazmir had himself some spinners on his Escalade before they grew legs and walked off. He's pretty gansta.

RBA
03-06-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't think they should disclose addresses of pro athletes and celebrities in newspapers.

WMR
03-06-2006, 03:50 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060305/NEWS/603050787

I wonder if Kazmir had himself some spinners on his Escalade before they grew legs and walked off. He's pretty gansta.

http://images.blastro.com/images/large/lg_three6mafiaridinspinners.jpg

My boy Juicy J got 'em.

(btw, I never thought Triple Six Mafia would be winning Oscars when I saw them in concert 5 years ago ... way before they 'blew up.')

Heath
03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't think they should disclose addresses of pro athletes and celebrities in newspapers.

Agreed. But its going to be public record anyway if any type of criminal activity happened. Goes for theft, domestic violence, gambling, etc.

KronoRed
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Poor Rey..you know his car isn't as fancy as some of the other ones, so much for my theory that parking next to the fancy cars will protect yours :(

Coffeybro
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Poor Rey..you know his car isn't as fancy as some of the other ones, so much for my theory that parking next to the fancy cars will protect yours

That theory got disproved to me when i was 10 years old. Family went on a vacation to New York. We went to a Yankee's game the first night. The next morning our Chevy Van was stolen while parked next to a convertiable porche with the roof down and a bmw.

NastyBoy
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I wonder if he is still driving a Mustang GT. Not exactly a flashy car like Junior may be driving.

klw
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Post your Reuben Rivera jokes below. Wow it is sad that that jumped to mind.

princeton
03-06-2006, 02:34 PM
this is the only way that we'll ever hear Olmedo and offense in the same sentence.

TeamBoone
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
It was parked at the condo he's staying in, so maybe it was the best one on the lot.