PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds on XM today

WVRedsFan
03-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I was driving to an appointment at about 3:00 today and listening to XM's Rob Dibble and Kevin Kennedy show when they cut away to the WBC. Joining the regular announcers was Barry Bonds.

Barry was excited and friendly and laughing, talking about how he loved baseball and loved his teammates, etc ad nauseum. I thought Mike Schmitt was going to slobber all over himself. Poor Joe Castellano, the pbp guy, could hardly get a word in edgewise. I wonder if it had been scheduled before the big bomb of a book landed?

It was quite enjoyable and even more so because Junior hit a couple of no-doubters before I could reach my destination.

TeamBoone
03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Did he mention wanted to play on Team USA if they reach the second round?

OnBaseMachine
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Bonds knows everyone hates him now, so now he is going to try and act like a nice, fun-loving guy. I'm not falling for it Barryoid, and I'm sure the rest of America won't either.

He was acting like his normal self yesterday during an interview. A reporter ask him a simple baseball question, and he of course fires back with a smartarse answer. I wish he would just go away somewhere.

I hope he never plays another baseball game in his life.

DJF33
03-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I was driving to an appointment at about 3:00 today and listening to XM's Rob Dibble and Kevin Kennedy show when they cut away to the WBC. Joining the regular announcers was Barry Bonds.

Barry was excited and friendly and laughing, talking about how he loved baseball and loved his teammates, etc ad nauseum. I thought Mike Schmitt was going to slobber all over himself. Poor Joe Castellano, the pbp guy, could hardly get a word in edgewise. I wonder if it had been scheduled before the big bomb of a book landed?

It was quite enjoyable and even more so because Junior hit a couple of no-doubters before I could reach my destination.

I listened to most of that at work today too. I wanted to puke. Schmitt was all over Bonds. It was disgusting. He was just lobbing softballs to him, like asking him what time he starts his day at Spring training. Allowing Bonds to go on-and-on about how early he comes in and how much harder he workers than everyone else at camp. :bang: He just kept going on about how great Bond was, saying stupid stuf like, "if MLB is AAAA ball then you are like 5A ball" What?!?:bang: If I had to listen to Schmitt reference his new book coming out one more time....

The one thing I did find amusing was that an inning after Bonds left the booth, Selig joined them. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the hallway when they passed each other. Although it was just as disgusting listening to Selig pat himself on the back repatedly on how great of a thing he had started with the WBC. Do you thin he and Bonds met-up to talk about anything?

If it hadn't been for JR's homers I think I would have knocked myself out banging my head on my desk. :bang:

I will some what give Bonds props for semi-calling out that Jr. would hit the second homer.

WVRedsFan
03-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Did he mention wanted to play on Team USA if they reach the second round?

I didn't hear him say that, but I understand it's true.

TeamBoone
03-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I didn't hear him say that, but I understand it's true.

Yeah, it is true. Unbelievable.

westofyou
03-11-2006, 01:22 PM
He was just lobbing softballs to him

He's not a reporter, he's a former ballplayer and a member of the union, expecting anything else is unrealistic.