PDA

View Full Version : BP on the Reds 2b situation

flyer85
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
from Chris Kahrl

Meanwhile, in the absence of any other dark horses, the Reds get to be that much more serious about Tony Womack versus Ryan Freel. As much as I'm willing to give new GM Wayne Krivsky plenty of rope in the early days of his reign, if this is anything more than pantomime player management, and if Freel isn't more or less guaranteed his job, you have to ask what sort of diagnostic skills the new brains of the operation will have brought to the table. If you cannot quickly recognize that Womack's worthless, and certainly if you take longer than Joe Torre to notice, then the Reds' load of problems won't be getting any lighter any time soon.

M2
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
if this is anything more than pantomime player management ...

Hey, I found a 2B!

http://www.puppetsonline.co.uk/image/horse2.jpg

Chip R
03-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I could handle Aurilia at 2nd if he were a mime. ;)

TeamBoone
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
The problem, however, is not Krivsky. He's said a few times that what happens on the field is totally up to Jerry Narron (be that right, or be that wrong).

Is this typical of a GM? I don't know enough about how it works to know.

flyer85
03-14-2006, 02:06 PM
The problem, however, is not Krivsky. He's said a few times that what happens on the field is totally up to Jerry Narron (be that right, or be that wrong).

Is this typical of a GM? I don't know enough about how it works to know.Yes it is. The manager makes those decisions. However, Krivsky should remove the temptation be removing Womack from the roster.

M2
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
My take has always been it's the manager's call until he makes the GM doesn't like and then he gets told to change his mind.

wolfboy
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
My take has always been it's the manager's call until he makes the GM doesn't like and then he gets told to change his mind.

When Castellini took over, he stated that he was a "baseball guy" fan. Has there been any praise from Krivsky's end? Maybe Krivsky is letting Narron dig his own grave.

MartyFan
03-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Have a good day.
Shoot a mime.
Nobody will hear him scream.