PDA

View Full Version : Went to Tuesday vs. Red Sox game

TOBTTReds
03-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Here are some game notes for those interested, sorry it is late.

EdE's single was an opp. field looping liner to right field after the count was 1-2 and worked a good pitch.

Harang REALLY took a shot on the side from Manny. But he recovered to throw him out.

Mike Gosling came in the to start the 3rd and didn't do too well. Got behind in the counts and didn't give himself a chance.

Mike Burns looked outstanding. He had a great hard fastball and took care of business when he was in.

Scott Hatteberg looked great. In the field he was outstanding, and he launched a 1st inning HR off Arroyo, later he worked a walk after being down in the count later. He looked good enough I dare say we could afford to trade an OF'er and start him at 1st.

Sardinha was very good behind the plate. Tried to pick off two players (at 1st and 2nd) both from his knees and made it close.

Kearns looked pretty bad at the plate. His head was flying. Almost every swing his helmet flopped down and covered his eyes (get a tighter helmet or keep your head still).

Just some food for thought.

CaiGuy
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Mike Burns looked outstanding. He had a great hard fastball and took care of business when he was in.

I think that Mike Burns should make the bullpen, especially over Rick White. He could be a pleasant suprise if he does.

LincolnparkRed
03-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Kearns looked pretty bad at the plate. His head was flying. Almost every swing his helmet flopped down and covered his eyes (get a tighter helmet or keep your head still).

At least it wasn't his bat, he may really hurt someone one of these days.

NJReds
03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
EdE's single was an opp. field looping liner to right field after the count was 1-2 and worked a good pitch.

Well that's a relief! How could Marc not put this in his blog. ;)

TeamBoone
03-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Sounds like Austin is doing a lot better today... 3 for 3, I think.

TOBTTReds
03-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Sounds like Austin is doing a lot better today... 3 for 3, I think.

Yeah I just caught that. Hopefully his head being still or not doesn't effect his hitting much.