PDA

View Full Version : Angels looking for veteran LH hitting reserve...

max venable
03-24-2006, 03:13 PM
From the LA Times:

The Angels, according to several sources, are searching for a veteran left-handed hitting reserve player and would be willing to part with reliever Esteban Yan or Kevin Gregg in a trade.

If Dallas McPherson opens the season at triple-A Salt Lake, four of the Angels' five projected bench players — the backup catcher (Jose Molina or Jeff Mathis), Edgardo Alfonzo, Robb Quinlan and Salmon — would bat right-handed. Utility infielder Maicer Izturis is a switch-hitter.

...say hello to my little friend: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_124523.jpg

traderumor
03-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Nah, Hatteberg. I'd take Gregg for Hatteberg and make the Angels sign off real fast before they changed their mind. Of course, we can always throw in Womack :)

buckeyenut
03-24-2006, 04:54 PM
That is the team you want to be dealing with, but you don't want Gregg or Yan, although I could live with either for Womack or Hatteberg or both. You want some of their kids.

wojo1025
03-24-2006, 05:36 PM
What about Cruz?

LincolnparkRed
03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
I would think if the Angels of whatever, wanted hatteberg they would have signed him themselves since they saw him 20 times a year in Oakland

dougflynn23
03-24-2006, 06:15 PM
:) If we can convince Tony Womack to change his name to Antonio Womarez, Arte Moreno would grab him up in a heartbeat.

If the Angels would agree to take Womack off our hands, I'd take Lyman Bostock for him.

alex trevino
03-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I have an idea let's trade them someone we don't want for one of their best pitching prospects!

max venable
03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
From the Orange County Register:

The Angels have offered Esteban Yan to the Baltimore Orioles for Yorba Linda's David Newhan, but Baltimore doesn't want to take on Yan's $1.25million salary given the erratic results. Baltimore prefers Kevin Gregg, but the Angels appear interested in keeping Gregg at Triple-A as depth.

I'd take Gregg for Hatteberg and then sign Carlos Pena. Just a thought.