PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Ticket Scalping

djsauter
03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi All,
I am making the trip down to Cincy for opening day. And, I don't have a ticket yet.

I will need two. What is the best advice you can give me for getting a good priced ticket? Is it possible to get under $100 each for a ticket?

mole44
03-26-2006, 11:37 AM
nevermind me

Highlifeman21
03-26-2006, 11:41 AM
cool

cool?

redsfan30
03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
http://333seat.com/sports/mlb/reds_tickets.htm

You can get basically any seat in the house you want through Riverfront Choice Tickets but obviously, the better the seat, the higher the price.

Looks like you can get second row bleacher seats for $100 a piece through them.

Click on the link to Monday April 3.

foltza
03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
i've done the scalping thing on opening day before. it's pretty frustrating, and you have to be persistent, but you can eventually find some tix for a good deal. if you try to buy tickets off an actual scalper though, forget about it, they always gouge you. just walk all over the area around the stadium with 2 fingers up and eventually someone, a non-scalper that is, will have some extras and give you a fair deal. i did this for the reds final opening day at riverfront (i refuse to call it cinergy) and ended up getting 2 red seats about half way up behind home plate for 25 a piece.

NastyBoy
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi All,
I am making the trip down to Cincy for opening day. And, I don't have a ticket yet.

I will need two. What is the best advice you can give me for getting a good priced ticket? Is it possible to get under $100 each for a ticket?

I would check ebay. I bought 2 good tix in lower sect. 135 for $229. You shoudl be able to get good seats for $200. SRO seem to be going for about $50 each.

wheels
03-26-2006, 12:54 PM
With the exception of the opening of GAB, I always buy tickets from a scalper on Opening Day.

I always get into town around 9:30, go to Ogden's in the Alley, have a few beers, and just about an hour or so before gametime I start strolling around yapping at the scalpers. Remember, they can smell your desperation, which is why it's always a good idea to get festive *first*, that way you'll have an "I can take it or leave it" air about you.

Make sure you know the layout of the ballpark, and act like it.

Also...Never take the first offer unless it's super close to face value. Chances are, you'll find a better price or seat the closer it gets to gametime. These guys HATE to eat tickets.

Just be confident and patient, don't show any eagerness, don't let them control the transaction and you should be okay.

But remember, you made the choice to go the scalper route, so be prepared to spend a sizable amount on Opening Day.

TeamBoone
03-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey wheels. Where is Ogden's in the Alley? I live here and have never heard of it.

KittyDuran
03-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey wheels. Where is Ogden's in the Alley? I live here and have never heard of it.It's not O'Malley's in the Alley is it? [that's the only one I know in an alley DT]

wheels
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Unless it's since closed, it's right smack dab in Ogden Alley.

I have a horrible memory when it comes to street names, but I usually just turn off third street down, say Walnut or something, so I can usually find the alley itself. Then, I just walk up and down Ogden until I find the place.

It's a small place with an old fashioned tin ceiling and cheap beer.

Something tells me that it's been around forever, so I always assumed everyone knew about it.

wheels
03-26-2006, 02:40 PM
It's not O'Malley's in the Alley is it? [that's the only one I know in an alley DT]

Oh crap!

Maybe it is O'Mally's.....I could be mixing up the street name with the bar name.

Whatever it's called, I like it alot.

TeamBoone
03-26-2006, 03:46 PM
It's not O'Malley's in the Alley is it? [that's the only one I know in an alley DT]

That's the one I was thinking of Kitty.

It's an alley off Vine, between 3rd and 4th, down the street from the Westin.

I really really miss Sculley's that used to be on the skywalk where Lazarus is now.