PDA

View Full Version : John Franco

crazybob60
03-28-2006, 05:53 AM
I was just curious, I really can't find any new information on him and last I heard was that he was a reliever for the Houston Astros but from my recollection I believe that they released him, was he picked up by any other squad and is pitching for them, or did he retire and possibly become a coach or pitching instructor or something or did he just retire or is he doing something else???? Just curious what the old New Yorker is doing these days, wouldn't mind seeing him pitch again if he by chance is still in the majors, I would get quite the kick outta that!!!! Please help me!!!! I would greatly appreciate it, and thanks in advance for any and all help here! :)

Stewie
03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
He retired. He was the pitching coach for Team Italy in the World Baseball Classic, and at some point will most likely latch on somewhere for a full time coaching gig. But as of right now, I'm pretty sure he is just retired.

Reverend Doo-Rag
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I think it was the Reds who put him out, too. The Reds beat him up for about 5 runs in an inning then he was released right after the game.

crazybob60
07-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Is there any new news on John Franco? I thought for sure he would be a pitching coach somewhere this season but I haven't heard anything at all. Maybe he is somewhere in the minors or independent league or college or something, but the only news I heard is that he helped I believe Davey Johnson out as the pitching coach of Team Italy...anybody hear anything else?

Team Clark
07-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Is there any new news on John Franco? I thought for sure he would be a pitching coach somewhere this season but I haven't heard anything at all. Maybe he is somewhere in the minors or independent league or college or something, but the only news I heard is that he helped I believe Davey Johnson out as the pitching coach of Team Italy...anybody hear anything else?

Davey Johnson was Team USA's bench coach. Franco lives in NY. I do not believe he is active in the game.